By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Arsenal - H (PL) 12:30 Sat 10th February 2018

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
2018-02-10-Tottenham-Hotspur-vs-Arsenal.jpg

Is it crossing the beams to have two Match threads up at once? Nah. We will probably need more than just a couple of days to chat about this one.

The gap will win to 7 points when we beat this lot on Saturday, Wenger will blame the referee, Harry will get yet another hat-trick and Bully will get one more clue as to whose name is Harry Kane and that fat bloke who does the videos will moan that we are racists for calling him fat and inserting his camera in an uncomfortable place - know what I mean blud?

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Oh it's that time again, and all the recent wins and beautiful goals by Sir Harry can never remove the lurking, deep loathing and fear that is this lot might get a lucky win. No-one likes Arsenal, not even many of their so called own supporters at the moment. We have to mullah them, not just sneak a win (although at the end of the day that would do!) we are better in every respect at the moment and just need to turn that into goals. If we do and show the same energy and desire that we did against United we'll win easily and the world will be a very happy place. I can feel a new premier league attendance record coming on - only 82,000 to beat, a great noise and a Harry Kane, Dele Alli and Eriksen goal show and a 4-1 win.

Either way I'm meeting some top Yids and having a few beers and singing some horrible songs about the scum, their manager and their fans. What's not to like!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I shall partake a few beverages no doubt,and Ire and I shall shake hands with our north london bretheren through the thin line of stewards,because

we have seats next to the woolwich scum wankers,and i mean seats next to........

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Anthony Taylor has been appointed as referee for Saturday's north London derby between Tottenham and Arsenal.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Anthony Taylor has been appointed as referee for Saturday's north London derby between Tottenham and Arsenal.
Probably the most important bloke on the pitch.......shame it's not Jon Moss, he's our new favourite after Mike Dean went off the rails.

He's reffed us twice this season, we lost 2-1 to Chelsea at home and 2-1 to Leicester away. so that needs fixing as well.

Last edited:
Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I shall partake a few beverages no doubt,and Ire and I shall shake hands with our north london bretheren through the thin line of stewards,because

we have seats next to the woolwich scum wankers,and i mean seats next to........
Oooh nasty. I won't be able to pull the feisty little fucker away from them like I did when I rescued those poor innocent chavs from him. I sat next to those cunts in the NLD 3 years back, the scum, not you and Ire, it was unpleasant, the 2 drunk chaps in front of me didn't watch one minute of the match they just taunted the poor little goons and gave my earoles much pain.

I missed the last 2 NLDs cos of bollox stuff, but touching wood (not in the way you dirty fuckers think, oh no, in the touch wood for luck way),rubbing a rabbit's foot, throwing salt over my shoulder, not calling god a cunt and hoping the bastard fucking trains and bus replacement services actually run - I will be there, not next to the goons or the mad Irish fella.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I bet Arsebum Wanker is not amused:

Arsenal boss throws tantrum over referee choice

It was Manchester-born referee Taylor who handed Chelsea a controversial penalty at the start of last month when Eden Hazard went down under Hector Bellerin challenge.​
Taylor was the fourth official when Arsenal took on Burnley at the Emirates Stadium last campaign, in which Wenger was sent off after telling Taylor to "f*** off" twice before claiming he was "dishonest to his federation".​
The Arsenal manager's outburst saw him sent to the stands - and then earn a four-match touchline ban and a fine of £25,000.​

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Could be either Cech or Ospina in goal on Saturday, Cech has been carrying an injury.

Wenger is talking up his teams chances. We need to smash them.

conor1

conor1

Founding Member
I don't even hate this lot anymore tbh, it's more apathy really. They're inconsequential. Had to stop half way thru spelling that ffs, not sure if its a word/spelt right. Should have just said that I don't really care about them anymore. Still want us to bash them

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Absolutely need to run them off the pitch. I have a feeling they will be flying for this match. I think both Auba and Mkitiatreryan whatever are good fits for them. They will be really good going forward so I would be okay with 3 at the back. That also helps Davies' and Trips' lack of pace a bit. At the back I think they will be really vulnerable. We will definitely get a few And I think our defenders will hold firm. They'll probably nick a late consolation. Good for them. Tough but comfortable 3-1.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Anybody who wants a copy of this as a souvenir - the time we played the Scum at Wembley, Harry Kanes 100 goals etc etc. you can order online on the club site, rather than getting it mashed and soaked in beer on the day.

I can't be arsed with programmes generally anymore, but I ordered this one.

birdonaball

birdonaball

Player in Training.
Enjoy the occasion to those who are going. I would love to be there, but the NHS god's conspired against me so will have to settle for the telly.

Like @conor1 said, while it's a big game regarding a derby, these lot are just irrelevant now in the grand scheme of the season. That all said, that doesn't mean I don't want us to smash them out of Wembley.

Last time we played them, we were very poor. Hopefully we'll keep that performance in there head and turn up, work hard and just bloody win!!

3-2 #COYS

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
We can't just know that we're better than them, we have to show it.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Same team as United please, with Lamela and Moura on the bench. Aurier is too dangerous to play in this one, even against Newport he was caught out up the pitch on a couple of occasions and couldn't get back. Not sure if Toby will start, if he doesn't Davinson needs to be ready for some noise.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Same team as United please, with Lamela and Moura on the bench. Aurier is too dangerous to play in this one, even against Newport he was caught out up the pitch on a couple of occasions and couldn't get back. Not sure if Toby will start, if he doesn't Davinson needs to be ready for some noise.
think too soon for toby in such a game,but he is a top player and pocketed aubameyang before so??Has to be davies and trippier for me in this,they done the biz vs united and liverpool and rose aurier didnt look like world beaters against newport.The only true decision for me is wanyama starting or not and over whom.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
think too soon for toby in such a game,but he is a top player and pocketed aubameyang before so??Has to be davies and trippier for me in this,they done the biz vs united and liverpool and rose aurier didnt look like world beaters against newport.The only true decision for me is wanyama starting or not and over whom.
I think the only slightly dubious starting spot at the moment is Dier's......not because of the Liverpool mistake but last couple of games he hasn't seemed completely on it. Dembele starts if he's fit I think. So Demeble/Dier or Dembele/Wanyama....either is good.

The only other consideration is if Poch changes shape and goes with his 3 at the back. Then there's only 5 spots in midfield/upfront and someone like Son misses out maybe? but that's quite defensive and Poch doesn't do defensive.

wilson

wilson

Player in Training.
Almost upon us lads and ladies!! Don't know about anyone else but the NLD nerves/excitement always start kicking in for me the day before. I'm just praying that the Spurs that played vs United turn up and we give them a good ol' fashioned drubbing! The scum will be right up for this and it's imperative to their season now that they get points off us. Got to get going from the off but shouldn't be hard to get them up for a derby!!

As for formation and personnel, I'd like us to stick with a back 4 - it's bold, attacking and Son fully deserves to start and will cause them all sorts of problems. I personally would like to see Wanyama next to Dembele. That's no disrespect to Dier, I just think he has had a bit of tough time of it of late and I've just always rated Wanyama very, very highly. I don't think I see Poch doing it though, not sure what it would do to Dier's confidence and plus I'd imagine he was rested in the week with this fixture in mind. Either way, I think they'll be fine so long as Dembele is his good self!

I can't predict the score/outcome of this one as it depends what Spurs and Arsenal turn up on the day but I'd say that both teams to score is a pretty safe bet!

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
Morning Yids, up and getting ready for an early start, 7.40 train to Waterloo, downthe CUT toa greasy spoon for Brunch , then Willesden WMC for 9.30 , then Watkins Folly for 10.30,COYS

Attachments

• 8F366F0F-9EE1-4E47-966B-6F4AB79ED274.jpeg
    8F366F0F-9EE1-4E47-966B-6F4AB79ED274.jpeg
    178.1 KB · Views: 233
skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Morning Yids, up and getting ready for an early start, 7.40 train to Waterloo, downthe CUT toa greasy spoon for Brunch , then Willesden WMC for 9.30 , then Watkins Folly for 10.30,COYS
hopefully see you WWMC if not folly.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Say hello to my little friend !!

DVpzgN8XkAA_lLH.jpg

Frodo is on his way

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Elneni, Wilshere, Xhaka.....if we can’t exploit that midfield three then we aren’t having a go.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Get in there!

As a commanding 1-0 victory as you could wish for. Should’ve battered them 4 or 5. Harry Kane again was immense as were the full backs and thought Alli was really impressive, in fact everyone was at it today but special mention for the God that is Moussa Dembele, it’s taken awhile this season but he’s well and truly back!

Another special mention to Davinson’s cruyff turn, that was beautiful.

Chavs and the Scum outside the cl places for the time being, what a beautiful day!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Eeeek, that was tense at the end! We could have got 10, who cares? It could easily have been 10-2, bollocks, don't matter. A MASSIVE three points to increase the gap to 7 points, if the goons don't watch out this season could be the first time they don't qualify for the Champions League since .... last season.

The scoreline doesn't remotely show just how we dominated them, Cech had a great game and could have saved them, again, but we won, North London is ours and the Wanderers can fuck off back to Woolwich - where the residents will be right grumpy, because Woolwich is a shithole and the goons lost.

There were some dodgy decisions from Taylor who I think was trying to prove he wasn't anti-scum, but who cares? Fucking brilliant week this is turning out to be, into the next round of the FA Cup, beat the scum and the lads fly off to Italy on a high!

conor1

conor1

Founding Member
Totally dominant performance, bit squeaky bum at the end but a huge result for us. We've everybody back now for the run-in so I'd be confident we'll push on