• To Dare is to do...
    1. Welcome to Proper Spursy the most authentic Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Forum, the home of the fallout crowd, you have to be awesome to be a member here. If you are awesome come and say hello.

Ben Davies

Discussion in 'Player Discussion' started by Don Diaz, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Don Diaz

Don Diaz Zero tolerance of Numpty's Founding Member

The often under estimated Ben Davies is currently having a very good game at left centre back for Wales.

2. Thfcire

Thfcire Well-Known Member Founding Member

He's been brillant in Wales last four games and only for the Monaco blip also with Spurs ,breaks my heart when I see when's rose back after a stray pass,Danny's the most improved defender inthe league but Ben isn't good enough ??? Fuck off

• Like Like x 1
    3. Ted the Yid

Ted the Yid Well-Known Member Founding Member

Probably the 2nd best left back in the PL.

4. Dorset

Dorset The Voice Of Reason Founding Member

Only underestimated by numpties mate, do you remember when the herd flocked together behind one of the gobby sheep and agreed that Davies was a waste of money and we would never use him? Baaaaa.

I am SO happy with our left and right back options at the moment, Rose and Walker are my favourites with Trippier and Davies being my favourites as well! Our centre backs are well sorted also, although according to Austrian media Wimmer is getting umpty about his lack of first team football, FFS Kev, how in the name of Satan's hairy ballbag are you going to replace Super Jan and Triffic Toby? I reckon we will see him used more in Cup games (as well as Ben and Kieran) because we can't expect the number 1 blokes to play every league game and maintain our run in 3 cup competitions. Then we have the massively versatile Eric Dier who can move back into defence anytime we need it - oh sorry the numpties say he is shite because he is a bit off his top from at the moment so we can't count him eh? With Hugo standing behind these blokes we are almost impregnant, imprgenating, impreg... - fuck it you know what I mean.

No wonder we had the best defensive record in the PL last year and the fucking gap ( mind it, mind it , mind it ) is huge again this season, 3 goals conceded in 7 PL games - blimey. To put that into context the so-called Scum Invincibles in the 2003-4 season had conceded 5 in their first 7 games!

• Like Like x 1
    5. skiathospurs

skiathospurs Well-Known Member Founding Member

Pochettino confirmed Davies "twisted his ankle" training on Friday. "He has swelling it’s painful and he’s not available for Sunday"

6. J.spurs

J.spurs Well-Known Member Founding Member

Unlucky that. Identical to Mousa's injury, I guess.

7. skiathospurs

Davies has withdraw from the Wales squad through injury.reportedly.

8. skiathospurs

Tottenham Hotspur left-back Ben Davies is expected to miss the London derbies against West Ham United and Chelsea after suffering an ankle injury.
      The 23-year-old suffered the injury in the 1-0 defeat against Bayer Leverkusen at Wembley Stadium last week and he has already been ruled out of Wales' World Cup qualifier against Serbia on Saturday.

"It's not too good at the moment, I've just got to get ready," Davies told reporters at the Football Association of Wales awards on Tuesday night, where he took to the stage in a moon boot to protect his damaged ankle.

"It will be a good couple of weeks after this one to get back fit, so I've just got to work hard."

9. Don Diaz

Bad Boy Ben has just signed a new contract until 2021......well done Ben.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    10. skiathospurs

Kleenex all round in Rhyl then.;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    11. Don Diaz

Rodney from Rhyl....? I think you might be right :)

• Funny Funny x 1
    12. Don Diaz

Or as the locals know him...'that cunt from colwyn bay'

talking of the welsh...and I'm not making any general assumptions, just being very specific, Gareth Bale can shut up as well, apparently he's suggested to Real Madrid that they should buy Dele if they sell #Orange7 in the summer. Foxtrot Oscar Gareth.

13. Liam

Liam Well-Known Member Founding Member

Yeah can get fucked!!! I think Madrid would ruin Dele right now. In 2-3 years if haven't progressed but he ahs then it could be good for him but plenty of players go there a year or two early and don't get the game time needed to get better.

14. corroded

corroded Player in Training.

Sadly, I don't think Dele would have that issue somehow.

This is the kid that during a pre season friendly after moving from League One decided he would nutmeg Tony Kroos and Luca Modric.

Not that I want him to go, but if we're talking about pure talents at Spurs since I've been watching them... well, I can't think of anyone else in the same league.

15. Don Diaz

Enough of this mutinous talk......he's not going anywhere, certainly for a couple of years, but then if we haven't won anything, can't afford him or someone makes an offer that we can't refuse, well then and only then will he be off.....maybe. Let's not mention it any more, it makes me cross, we've got one of the future best players in the world and I want to keep him, even if has a bit of a habit of falling over in the penalty area.

Sorry just realised this is the Ben Davies thread.

• Funny Funny x 1
    16. corroded

corroded Player in Training.

... never had eight words been uttered by someone more aptly named

• Funny Funny x 2
    17. conor1

conor1 Well-Known Member Founding Member

He's been excellent since Danny boy got injured. Not going to go all Welsh fanboy on it but he had to replace arguably the best left back in Europe at the time and lets be honest here we haven't missed him as much as we thought we would. On a side note, how in the name of sweet jesus did Danny Rose not make it into the shortlist for player of the year!!?? I know he's been out injured for the last few weeks but don't the votes get cast up to February when he was at the top of his game?

• Like Like x 3
    18. Yid

Yid Well-Known Member Founding Member

Why Feb...? A simple app/email to all PFA Professional players elligable to cast a vote would be more efficient, and could be done within minutes.

Again why February.....?

19. conor1

conor1 Well-Known Member Founding Member

Could never understand it tbh