By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

  • Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

    Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.


    Join us!

Brighton and Hove Albion - A (PL) 17:30 Sat 22nd September 2018

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
BrightonSpurs.jpg

I know this proper previous as we haven't [ Mullahed / Been Robbed By / Got Great Way Draw ] with Milan yet, but we're off to Espagna for a butchers at Andalucia at the arse end of midnight tonight so I'll post this thread now. The Predictorator gives us a 57% chance of winning this, 24% for the draw and 19% for a Brighton win.

Interesting Doodahs

26 Meetings

Brighton and Hove Albion have played Tottenham Hotspur 26 times in all competitions. In all the 26 matches Brighton and Hove Albion have played against Tottenham Hotspur they have won 6 lost 12 and drawn 8 matches.

First Match

Their first match was in the Southern League on Saturday, 24 October 1903. Brighton and Hove Albion were playing at home that day and the final score was Tottenham Hotspur 2 Brighton and Hove Albion 2 .

Last Match

The latest meeting between these two teams was a Premier League game on Tuesday, 17 April 2018, the score was Brighton and Hove Albion 1 Tottenham Hotspur 1.

Highest Goals in Game - 4

Southern League, Saturday, 24 October 1903, Tottenham Hotspur 2 Brighton and Hove Albion 2
Southern League, Saturday, 20 January 1906, Tottenham Hotspur 3 Brighton and Hove Albion 1
League Division Two, Saturday, 15 April 1978, Brighton and Hove Albion 3 Tottenham Hotspur 1
League Division One, Saturday, 23 August 1980, Tottenham Hotspur 2 Brighton and Hove Albion 2
League Division One, Tuesday, 9 March 1982, Brighton and Hove Albion 1 Tottenham Hotspur 3
 
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Anyone else remember Jimmy Melia's white shoes when Brighton got to the Cup final against United. They should have won that day and they beat United here in the league a couple of weeks ago. We need to sort ourselves out, up our game and get 3 points. I think we will 2-1 to us.
 
The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
3 points is non-negotiable here.

We need to get back to winning ways...and quickly, otherwise this season will start to get away from us.
 
Liam

Liam

Well-Known Member
Founding Member
This game has turned into a must win now for me, or at the very least a mustn't lose. I still want to see Son, Lamela, and Moura on the pitch together somehow as the three of them have looked lively when playing this season and think they wouls cause havoc in the opposition box. Just win though lads, for the fans, for the boss, for yourselves, for Ghandi, Mother Theresa, or Bob the fucking builder. I don't care who the win is for just fucking win.
 
skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Well-Known Member
Founding Member
Poch explains the cow quote !!

"Poch on the cow: "I was explaining before to our chief scout - he said ‘it was difficult for me to understand'. So I'll explain again. The most important thing is to be clever, improve & learn from experience. I tried to find another analogy. I didn't want to use that one. When you achieve and you want to achieve things again, it's not because last season you were good that you're going to be good again. You will not play well tomorrow because you played well yesterday. I only wanted to explain that."

TEAM NEWS: @MoussaSissoko (hamstring) and @dele_official (hamstring) are both back training with the team. Hugo Lloris (thigh) is continuing rehabilitation.
Pochettino says today is a recovery day so it's difficult to judge whether Dele Alli will be fit enough to play against Brighton, and he'll be assessed tomorrow. Poch adds he won't take a risk with Alli if he's not quite ready,
 
BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Must-win match. A loss here an Poch, Levy, Kane and Alli are surely gone. Rumor is the stadium may be torn down as well. Play an attacking lineup imo. When you have superior players, play superior. Moura, Eriksen, Son, and Lamela should shred this side. That is if our midfield isn't completely overrun again. We will get it done and save all of humanity! COYS!
 
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Good team, I think we will win this 2-1, good luck Gazza.
 
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Just noticed Dele is on the bench with Lamela, can change things if necessary
 
Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Beautiful 2nd goal, so easy, move the ball forward at pace and look what happens!
 
Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Much better signs in the last 20, still look vulnerable when we get pressed high up the pitch, confidence still looks a little fragile but that win is massive.
 
Liam

Liam

Well-Known Member
Founding Member
A slightly nervous ending but we got the win which is all that matters.
 
J.spurs

J.spurs

Well-Known Member
Founding Member
Knew that would be a tough one. Gutty win by the boys. Hopefully now the CLUB IN CRISIS! mantle will shift to someone else now.
 
Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Wasn’t a fan for the first few years but gotta say, I get more and more impressed by Lamela with every game he plays.
 
BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Sure it's been mentioned, but we look at times like the ball is made of solid iron. I get we want possession, but we have to move the ball forward and quickly. Lamela's goal was the perfect example of that. Hate to say it, but Kane needs a rest. No point in pretending he doesn't. Not his fault he's exhausted. Anyway, an away win when the chips are down is great medicine. This has to launch us forward. Doesn't it???
 
skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Well-Known Member
Founding Member
Sure it's been mentioned, but we look at times like the ball is made of solid iron. I get we want possession, but we have to move the ball forward and quickly. Lamela's goal was the perfect example of that. Hate to say it, but Kane needs a rest. No point in pretending he doesn't. Not his fault he's exhausted. Anyway, an away win when the chips are down is great medicine. This has to launch us forward. Doesn't it???
Never easy especially away when teams sit with 9 back and a lone striker.Doesnt always make for a specatcle,but in my mind is deeply flawed.Allow teams +70% possession,even shifting it side to side while they sit edge of the box,one moment it all comes undone when you face a kane,eriksen,moura,son,lamela.Ok once or twice a season you get beat by a breakaway or suffer a bore draw,but nearly always a top 6 side beats the bus tactics,I dont understand it myself.Look at wolves had a go at united and took a draw,brighton had 2 or 3 chances,scored one on a break away as we pushed for a 3rd in the 93rd minute,but we could have scored 4 or more.It was a fair reflection on the liverpool game,2-1 flattered us and yet we could have scraped an undeserved draw,despite them having the bulk of the chances.

Times every season we look ponderous and slow in possesion,lacking mojo if you like,and then click, play and goals like Lamela`s come,cos thats the standard we have set at times.Its a mirror of eriksen and kane,they look off,but always play themselves into form and when they hit it,they stay there.Eriksen has been lacklustre,but often early season other years he has too.When eriksen and harry are on song we are a match for anyone,ask real,dortmund,juventus,chelsea,liverpool,united,they are our outlets,when they keep the ball and do their magic the whole side comes alive.Beat huddersfield and crisis what crisis,15 pts from 7,averaging even slightly under 2pts a game is top 4 every season,despite our problems we are on course at this point,jesus 3pts from watford when were leading we`d still be dreaming of a title push,small margins,especially after such a handful of games.
 
Last edited:
Top