By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Burnley (A) PL 12:30 Sat 23rd February 2019

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
BurnleySpurs.jpg

Easy games are the hardest of all. We should on paper win this by loads - and we will! Of course this isn't an easy game on paper or on grass, Burnley are doing nicely in the Premier league at the moment, 7 games unbeaten, no defeats this year, so we will need to be good, 50% of how good we were against Dortmund will do.

Burnley v Tottenham Hotspur

Burnley have played Tottenham Hotspur 113 times in all competitions, they have won 40 lost 46 and drawn 27 matches.

First Match

Their first match was in the FA Cup on Saturday, 13 January 1906. Tottenham Hotspur were playing at home that day and the final score was Tottenham Hotspur 2 Burnley 0 .

Last Match

The latest meeting between these two teams was a Premier League game on Saturday, 15 December 2018, the score was Tottenham Hotspur 1 Burnley 0.

Highest Goals in Game - 9

League Division Two, Monday, 1 September 1930, Tottenham Hotspur 8 Burnley 1
League Division One, Tuesday, 21 April 1964, Burnley 7 Tottenham Hotspur 2

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Ummmmm, don't know. They're on a bit of a run and we just seem to always find a way to win. We need to tighten up a bit based on that Leicester performance and I'm sure we will. Sir Harry will start on the bench? and get a nice little run for the last 25 minutes when we're 2-0 ahead, Son (obviously) and Toby from one of those near post corners that Mr Eriksen loves. He's come close a couple of times recently. Harry will get a third and Burnley a consolation, when the players have all switched off at the end of the game. Either that or something else will happen.

What will definitely happen is that Sean Dyche will moan about something after the game, in that gruff, what can you do? sort of voice, like the world is against us. He always does. Bad luck Sean.

Finally - most important man on the pitch on Saturday - that self important prick Mike Dean. Let's hope he referees the game properly and fairly. I worry that he won't.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Pochettino on Kane: "If you asked him 10 days ago, he was ready to play. But in the end the last word is always myself that’s going to take the risk, the decision. I don’t care if he feels ready or not. Who’s going to decide in the end is myself, with my staff & the doctor"

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Spurs are still without England midfielder Dele Alli, who injured his hamstring in the victory at Fulham last month.

"He's in a key part, maybe the last part of his recovery and that is a key part and we can't know if it will be one week, 10 days or two weeks, we're going to assess him day by day," the Spurs boss added.

Can Ben Davies start if Danny Rose doesn't recover?

Yes, it's similar. Danny yesterday was ill. Today's he's better. We'll see because it's true that you need full energy to play. But it's the same situation with Ben and Harry. It's true the injuries are completely different. In some players you can put them in straight away, with others you need to give more time to be involved and to give maybe some period in the competition. We'll see. We need to assess him too.

Last edited:
Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
Never been to Burnley before , and so I decided I’d go .
Only when I’d organised tickets did I realise it’s a 12.30 game , which is ridiculous , means a 5.30 seat off to get there for 10 , a few beers and food .
Let’s hope we don’t become Spursey and do the , “well If we win and Utd beat LFC , we can go on to win the league” and somehow manage to f3ck it up .
COYS ......might take my Walton on Thames Spurs flag

NiceOneCyril

NiceOneCyril

Player in Training.
I hate Burnley with a passion. Dyche is as bad as Warnock, and any team that considers Chris Wood suitable for the PL needs to take a long hard look at itself. Ashley Barnes is one of the dirtiest players British football - I hope Dav doesn't get drawn into fighting him. And I hope Bardsley doesn't hurt anyone.

But still I fear them a bit. Hopefully it's 0-3 (Toby/Christian/Lucas) with 10 minutes to go, Harry gets a run out and we get to see Crouchy for a goalless cameo.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Just win the game lads, don't care how or how many, just win. I want to see Mike Dean referreing a win for us and Dyche moaning again.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Just win the game lads, don't care how or how many, just win. I want to see Mike Dean referreing a win for us and Dyche moaning again.

Yup, pls just win, in fact, win every game till the end of the season and Utd beat the Scousers tomorrow, and we’ll have a shiny pl trophy and cl trophy to adorn the trophy room at our new stadium, easy!!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Cometh the hour......Carpe diem........Audrey is a goer

Just fucking win lads, good luck

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
There’s water spraying up off the ball outside the Burnley penalty area!!!???

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Fuck a doodle. They worked much harder than us and out fought us for every ball. We knew what we were going to get and didn’t deal with it. They’re the new Stoke, horrible ugly team but works sometimes.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
What a pile of shit that was, so disappointed!

We basically got bullied across the whole pitch, just a horrible watch.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Well that was just a rotten performance.
Outplayed. Burnley were first to everything and kicked on after we drew level, way more than we did.

Wouldn't be surprised if Poch gets a ban for having a go at that prick Dean after the game.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Just out of interest why the hell does Poch not give KWP more games? Aurier was utterly garbage today, as he is in most games, he’s painful to watch and a liability.

Anyway the red mist is slowly disappearing and now I hope we get a reaction and give those Chavs a good spanking.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
poch.jpg

bastardo incompetente

OK, we weren't brilliant, but Mike 'fucking cun't Dean, what a cunt. Barnes rips Foyth's shirt grabbing him, falls over and gets a free kick - and that was how it went on for the rest of the game, cunt ,total cunt. Corner my bollocks and how that cunt of a linesman flagged it when he could not have possibly seen who the ball came off is a mystery - he's a cunt as well.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
It's all kind of boring, I'll admit, but after the initial exchange, where it's being reported that Dean said "what's your problem?" Poch and Perez both turned to go at the refs at the same time. Clearly something else was said. Has nothing to do with the result, which we can't seriously say we didn't deserve, but Dean's becoming the talking point in every single game he officiates, which is not good. He needs a talking to. Though there is something very modern football about Perez having to be restrained from the officials while holding his iPad.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
It's all kind of boring, I'll admit, but after the initial exchange, where it's being reported that Dean said "what's your problem?" Poch and Perez both turned to go at the refs at the same time. Clearly something else was said. Has nothing to do with the result, which we can't seriously say we didn't deserve, but Dean's becoming the talking point in every single game he officiates, which is not good. He needs a talking to. Though there is something very modern football about Perez having to be restrained from the officials while holding his iPad.

You could predict this, Mike Dean is the Mourinho of referees. Total prick.

Unfortunately doesn’t excuse our lack of fight in the game. We had the quality not the aptitude today.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Aurier is an absolute pile of shit...

I don't give a fuck if I'm being s knee jerky cunt, or "he is developing"..... he is fucking garbage.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
You could predict this, Mike Dean is the Mourinho of referees. Total prick.

Unfortunately doesn’t excuse our lack of fight in the game. We had the quality not the aptitude today.
Correct. On all counts.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
I remember years ago, early in the season we would go top if we beat Charlton. The first time spurs would have ever been top of the premier league

We lost 3-1

It seems every time we need to deliver to do something, we come up short

Massive missed opportunity today. Should have delivered, we are more than capable

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Poch after the game from Alastair Gold.

I think first of all if we need to find someone to blame it's myself and us because we have in our hands the capacity to win the game and we didn't. I told you during the week that for me this game was going to be key to put pressure on our opponents, but in the end if we didn't win we can't put pressure and think to win and be a real contender. It was a massive opportunity lost for us. But of course in the end we want to win because of all the emotion, you know how important the game was, we spoke a lot the previous day when we prepared for the game and of course when you feel so disappointed and upset maybe you some times make some mistakes. We made mistakes on the pitch and I made a mistake after. Maybe I needed to go straight away to my dressing room and get some water and be a little bit relaxed. But what happened happened on the pitch and I'm not going to talk too much. If we need to justify our defeat it's to see inside ourself and that is the reason why we lost the game.

There’s a lot more and the full interview on football London. Poch being a class act again. Honest and no punches pulled.