By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

  • Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

    Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.


    Join us!

Cardiff - H (PL) 15:00 Sat 6th October 2018

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Likes
1,323
#1
SpursCardiff.jpg

Back to the nitty gritty of the Premier League after the brilliance of them Spaniels. This game will probably be just as tough but for a totally different reason. My infallible predicting code gives us an 80% probability of winning this, 14% the draw and Cardiff get just 6%, so, this will be tricky as fuck just to prove my coding and stats skills are bollocks.

Cardiff have lost their last 4, but 2 of those losses were to top teams - the Chavs and City, OK they lost to the goons and Burnley, but we shouldn't get too cocky about those results. I would have a little wager on us winning this 4-1, Harry Kane to get a hat-trick and lead the PL goalscorer list - he's only one behind Hazard so maybe he isn't as rusty as some folks think. Oh yes a little flutter would be nice if Mrs D would allow me the simple pleasure of a little wager, but like Basil Fawlty:

Sybil Dorset: No, Basil doesn't bet anymore. Do you, dear?
Basil Dorset: No, I don't, dear, no. No, that particular avenue of pleasure has been closed off.


Only joking! I am the boss of me in my house. I do what I want when she tells me to do it.

Interesting Doodahs?

49 Meetings

Tottenham Hotspur have played Cardiff City 49 times in all competitions.

First Match

Their first match was in the League Division One on Saturday, 27 August 1921. Tottenham Hotspur were playing at home that day and the final score was Cardiff City 0 Tottenham Hotspur 1 .

Last Match

The latest meeting between these two teams was a Premier League game on Sunday, 2 March 2014, the score was Tottenham Hotspur 1 Cardiff City 0.

Highest Goals in Game - 5

League Division One, Saturday, 3 September 1921, Tottenham Hotspur 4 Cardiff City 1
League Division One, Saturday, 2 September 1922, Cardiff City 2 Tottenham Hotspur 3
FA Cup, Saturday, 24 February 1923, Cardiff City 2 Tottenham Hotspur 3
League Division One, Saturday, 13 November 1926, Tottenham Hotspur 4 Cardiff City 1
League Division One, Saturday, 13 October 1956, Tottenham Hotspur 5 Cardiff City 0
League Division One, Wednesday, 2 November 1960, Tottenham Hotspur 3 Cardiff City 2
League Division One, Saturday, 11 March 1961, Cardiff City 3 Tottenham Hotspur 2
League Division One, Saturday, 2 September 1961, Tottenham Hotspur 3 Cardiff City 2
 
skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Well-Known Member
Founding Member
Likes
3,659
#2
Spurs injury news: Dele Alli (hamstring),Serge Aurier (thigh),Mousa Dembele (thigh),Christian Eriksen (abdomen),Jan Vertonghen (hamstring) all continuing their rehabilitation and remain out for Cardiff game. Michel Vorm (knee) is back in training with the squad.
 
Liam

Liam

Well-Known Member
Founding Member
Likes
423
#6
Spurs injury news: Dele Alli (hamstring),Serge Aurier (thigh),Mousa Dembele (thigh),Christian Eriksen (abdomen),Jan Vertonghen (hamstring) all continuing their rehabilitation and remain out for Cardiff game. Michel Vorm (knee) is back in training with the squad.
Could have done with one or two back for rotation but not the end of the world as we do have what should be an easier game, on paper, but we don't play on paper, and often struggle after CL oe Europa games. I hope we play a similar team to midweek and say play like you did against Barca (minus the silly mistakes) as we will thump these boys if have a good go and play at a good tempo.
 
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Likes
2,181
#9
Son ‘s has a bollocking, Kane needs to score because he’s my fantasy team captain this week, Lamela’s on Fire and Lucas has been unlucky recently. If Cardiff can defend for 90 mins against those 4 they had better arrive in the biggest of defence busses. They can’t and we have two great full backs and enough to keep them out at the back. Liverpool or City are going to drop points, this is a good weekend, I can feel it in my water and I’m wearing my lucky pants. 4-0 definitely
 
Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Well-Known Member
Founding Member
Likes
398
#10
Son ‘s has a bollocking, Kane needs to score because he’s my fantasy team captain this week, Lamela’s on Fire and Lucas has been unlucky recently. If Cardiff can defend for 90 mins against those 4 they had better arrive in the biggest of defence busses. They can’t and we have two great full backs and enough to keep them out at the back. Liverpool or City are going to drop points, this is a good weekend, I can feel it in my water and I’m wearing my lucky pants. 4-0 definitely
I think we are going to hand out a can of whoop ass today!

Lamela first name on the team sheet... Never thought I'd say that!! I'm so proud of that lad. Proved me so epicly wrong.

On another note I see our seat numbers changed in the new place.
 
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Likes
2,181
#15
Why no Lamela, he’s the spark with Eriksen and Dele missing......I’m starting to make a drama out of a crisis.....and why Sissoko?? That feels like life’s eternal question, with no viable answer. He simply is not good enough, I’d rather see Skipp making mistakes and learning from them, rather than Sissoko and not learning.

Hope Hugo has a better game than Wednesday.
 
Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Likes
303
#16
My boy Skipp is on the bench again,love him to get minutes if we can get ahead.

Do we really need Dier and Sissoko?! We're up against a team that'll likely sit ten men behind the ball, so don't see the need for those two, would've loved Skipp to get a run out ahead of Sissoko.
 
skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Well-Known Member
Founding Member
Likes
3,659
#17
Why no Lamela, he’s the spark with Eriksen and Dele missing......I’m starting to make a drama out of a crisis.....and why Sissoko?? That feels like life’s eternal question, with no viable answer. He simply is not good enough, I’d rather see Skipp making mistakes and learning from them, rather than Sissoko and not learning.

Hope Hugo has a better game than Wednesday.
sure lamela was dragged off weds with an injury,probably not 100% or doesnt want to be risked by poch.
 
Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Likes
303
#18
Why no Lamela, he’s the spark with Eriksen and Dele missing......I’m starting to make a drama out of a crisis.....and why Sissoko?? That feels like life’s eternal question, with no viable answer. He simply is not good enough, I’d rather see Skipp making mistakes and learning from them, rather than Sissoko and not learning.

Hope Hugo has a better game than Wednesday.
You got in ahead of me!
 
skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Well-Known Member
Founding Member
Likes
3,659
#20
Do we really need Dier and Sissoko?! We're up against a team that'll likely sit ten men behind the ball, so don't see the need for those two, would've loved Skipp to get a run out ahead of Sissoko.
you need dier because of sissoko !!!!!

Could be we`ll play 2&3 at the back at times with trippier&rose pushing on,dier allows that transition during phases of the game.If they sit back dier infront of toby,sanchez allows tripps and danny to sit in their half if they dont come out to play.I like to think it will make us more offensive,and then I remember sissoko........
 
Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Likes
303
#21
you need dier because of sissoko !!!!!

Could be we`ll play 2&3 at the back at times with trippier&rose pushing on,dier allows that transition during phases of the game.If they sit back dier infront of toby,sanchez allows tripps and danny to sit in their half if they dont come out to play.I like to think it will make us more offensive,and then I remember sissoko........
Wise words young man! I think it's more to do with the fact that despite the fact i love Eric the man, he and Sissoko are probably my least favourite actual footballers at the club.
 
Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Likes
303
#23
I've given up putting my head in my hands with Sissoko, i now just laugh at how shit he is...cue 2-0, Sissoko with a worldy!
 
Yid

Yid

Well-Known Member
Founding Member
Likes
818
#28
Why no Lamela, he’s the spark with Eriksen and Dele missing......I’m starting to make a drama out of a crisis.....and why Sissoko?? That feels like life’s eternal question, with no viable answer. He simply is not good enough, I’d rather see Skipp making mistakes and learning from them, rather than Sissoko and not learning.

Hope Hugo has a better game than Wednesday.
The fucking scarecrow has been an embarrassment..... again.
 
Yid

Yid

Well-Known Member
Founding Member
Likes
818
#29
Wise words young man! I think it's more to do with the fact that despite the fact i love Eric the man, he and Sissoko are probably my least favourite actual footballers at the club.
Dier has lost something... he was a future captain. I'd now prefer he was a ballboy most weeks.
 
Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Likes
303
#30
Dier has lost something... he was a future captain. I'd now prefer he was a ballboy most weeks.
He's a pale shadow of what he was during the 15/16 campaign. Opposition midfielders seem to waltz past him like he's not there and his passing seems to get more and more defensive with each game, he used to have a really good range to his passing. All a bit of a shame really.
 

Latest posts

Associates

Forum statistics

Threads
656
Messages
31,901
Members
159
Latest member
DemiP