By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Chelsea, Carrierbag Cup Semi Final 1st leg, (A) - Wed 5th Jan, 19:45

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

Player in Training.
I was focusing on Gollini to see what he would do on this corner. Slow to get there.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Gotta question this line up, why is Lloris on the bench, Doherty over Sess, what has poor old Rodon done, must look shit in training, coz Tanganga’s been tragic when he plays CB. Never thought I’d say it but I miss Dier. Back 3 of Sanchez, Davies and Tanganga, I mean fuck me! Kane and Moura are better defenders than our starting defence tonight. Add to that we can’t string 4 passes together. 🤦‍♂️

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
giphy.gif

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
3-3 if not for VAR 😂😂😂😂😂 (all correct decisions)

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
How is that offside? Am I missing something? There was a Chelsea defender 4m in front of him. I don't get it, because Thier keeper fucked up we are denied a goal, WTF?

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
How is that offside? Am I missing something? There was a Chelsea defender 4m in front of him. I don't get it, because Thier keeper fucked up we are denied a goal, WTF?
offside law is that there have to be two defenders between man and goal. One is almost always the keeper, so when Kepa went walkabout there was just the other guy.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
dont understand our attitude for these 2 games, it’s not like we win trophies all the fucking time

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
And what's with all the medical emergencies lately? Surely our play isn't THAT bad?

Agreed. And I only ever hear about them in EPL matches. Tons lately. Maybe they just dont mention anything if it happens at an American sports game?

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
Got them again at the end of the month. They'll be bang up for beating us for a 3rd time in a month and we'll probably just roll over and take it again.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Got them again at the end of the month. They'll be bang up for beating us for a 3rd time in a month and we'll probably just roll over and take it again.

I think we will be a bit more lively than we were the last 180 minutes, but I think result will be the same.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Well, I thought at 0-2 we still had a chance if we went at them at pinned them back early but it just didn't happen.
We're lucky to have Conte. He's shown his class already with the impact he's had on results so far and the efforts of the players. As we stand we've a great chance of CL football next season. Nuno's Tottenham were finishing midtable at best.
Levy now has to back his manager. otherwise Conte WILL walk. We need him alot more than he needs us and Levy has to understand that.
We didn't turn up tonight, but I think several of the players tonight are just simply not up to it..
Gollini
Doherty
Winks
Lo Celso
Emerson

None of these would get into a top 10 PL side. And quite a few I haven't mentioned too imo...
Next Sunday is a massive one. There's alot more on this than usual. I'm hoping there's a serious reaction to tonight's shitshow. There fucking better be.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Absolute gash
I thought you must be brown bread mate - are you a fucking ghost or are you a real boy? Watching that game last night brought back memories of Wemberlee all those years ago, the Blue Oyster Bar, frightening those poor young chaps sitting near us with our nasty swearyness and I seem to remember having a drink or two?

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
We're lucky to have Conte. He's shown his class already with the impact he's had on results so far and the efforts of the players. As we
I don't think we can judge his impact on the results yet. In the 15 games he has been in charge we have only played 2 top sides, Liverpool and Chelsea, 3 games, 2 lost, 1 drawn. We have had a run of easy games and 60% of those have been at home. I think it's way too early to say he's doing good or not, maybe halfway through next season we'll know if he can work miracles with the squad he has and the 2 bob Levy will give him to spend. I hope he is the new Poch, but I'm gonna wait and see.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Hey
Well, I thought at 0-2 we still had a chance if we went at them at pinned them back early but it just didn't happen.
We're lucky to have Conte. He's shown his class already with the impact he's had on results so far and the efforts of the players. As we stand we've a great chance of CL football next season. Nuno's Tottenham were finishing midtable at best.
Levy now has to back his manager. otherwise Conte WILL walk. We need him alot more than he needs us and Levy has to understand that.
We didn't turn up tonight, but I think several of the players tonight are just simply not up to it..
Gollini
Doherty
Winks
Lo Celso
Emerson

None of these would get into a top 10 PL side. And quite a few I haven't mentioned too imo...
Next Sunday is a massive one. There's alot more on this than usual. I'm hoping there's a serious reaction to tonight's shitshow. There fucking better be.
Yup, Conte has to be backed in this window to even have a sniff of cl football next season. As @Dorset said, we’re up around 4th coz of a very favourable run of fixtures but we have a pretty nasty run of games coming up, Arse, Leicester, Chavs, S’ton, Wolves and City, with our squad being shown up so badly against the Chavs and Morecambe, we are absolutely crying out for some quality all over the pitch in all honestly.

Sunday’s a huge game, their defeat against Forest aside, the Arse have been playing some really decent football lately, and if we don’t show up on Sunday, it could be a long afternoon, not to mention things wouldn’t look to promising for those other fixtures I mentioned, both S’ton and Wolves both look stronger than we do. How do we offload players? I have no idea, who really wants the junk that we’ve been hoarding over the last few years, do I have faith in our recruitment? Not really, we’ve speculated and spunked silly money on a lot of players that haven’t worked out.

Big few weeks coming up! 🤞

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
We put some real effort in for about 10 minutes half way through the second half got a pen overturned and a goal disallowed. For the rest Chelsea worked harder than us - like Saints did a couple of weeks ago and were first to every 50/50 ball. There's no excuse for that difference.

They have a much better squad, higher quality players, well coached and a winning mentality. There's a clear gulf between the top 3 sides in this league and everyone else, that's the harsh truth. Chelsea's fans are still cheap, nasty plastic wankers though, not much has changed there.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I thought you must be brown bread mate - are you a fucking ghost or are you a real boy? Watching that game last night brought back memories of Wemberlee all those years ago, the Blue Oyster Bar, frightening those poor young chaps sitting near us with our nasty swearyness and I seem to remember having a drink or two?
@Thfcire post--like a fucking Bigfoot sighting.

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
offside law is that there have to be two defenders between man and goal. One is almost always the keeper, so when Kepa went walkabout there was just the other guy.
Played the offside trap perfectly, that Kepa.