By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Eric Dier

Ted the Yid

Ted the Yid

Founding Member
Eric signs new contract.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ic-dier-signs-new-five-year-deal-at-tottenham

Eric says;

"There are many reasons I wanted to commit my future to Tottenham," he said.

"We have a fantastic squad full of young, exciting players. We've got the new stadium on its way, the fantastic facilities at the training ground, and a fantastic manager who's great for all us young players.

"He really looks after us, and makes sure we keep improving.

"Wembley being filled with 80,000 or more Tottenham fans is going to be an amazing experience. Playing in the Champions League there is very unique, so those two things are going to be fantastic."

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
CsORcOvW8AAu08t.jpg

Looking forward to what will be an exciting future and hope to continue to help this great club move forward. Thanks for all of your support

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
_92461396_dier_reuters.jpg

England midfielder Eric Dier says Spain's Ander Herrera caught him in the face with a "ridiculous" elbow during the 2-2 draw at Wembley on Tuesday.

England led 2-0 through Adam Lallana and Jamie Vardy, before Iago Aspas and Isco strikes levelled late on.

Tottenham's Dier, 22, chased Herrera following the clash to remonstrate with the Manchester United midfielder.

"I don't mind people kicking each other at times and stuff but that's just dirty and not needed," said Dier.

"He's elbowed me in the face and I just can't see why. For me, it's just ridiculous.

"He's saying he didn't do it, but I think it's pretty clear. It's just football. These things happen. But I don't know why he did it, to be honest. That's why I was angry."

Tottenham visit Manchester United in the Premier League on 11 December and Dier added: "I don't need him to apologise. I'll see him soon."

I predict some revenge !!Go on eric kick him

Liam

Liam

Founding Member

England midfielder Eric Dier says Spain's Ander Herrera caught him in the face with a "ridiculous" elbow during the 2-2 draw at Wembley on Tuesday.

England led 2-0 through Adam Lallana and Jamie Vardy, before Iago Aspas and Isco strikes levelled late on.

Tottenham's Dier, 22, chased Herrera following the clash to remonstrate with the Manchester United midfielder.

"I don't mind people kicking each other at times and stuff but that's just dirty and not needed," said Dier.

"He's elbowed me in the face and I just can't see why. For me, it's just ridiculous.

"He's saying he didn't do it, but I think it's pretty clear. It's just football. These things happen. But I don't know why he did it, to be honest. That's why I was angry."

Tottenham visit Manchester United in the Premier League on 11 December and Dier added: "I don't need him to apologise. I'll see him soon."

Might put a few quid on Dier getting booked and/or sent off in that game then.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
The first finger pointing was at John Stones who gave him a 'hospital pass' that Dier managed to escape from... just. Stones won't do it again. It's good to have someone like Dier in the team, Poch will admire this part of his character I'm sure.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
The first finger pointing was at John Stones who gave him a 'hospital pass' that Dier managed to escape from... just. Stones won't do it again. It's good to have someone like Dier in the team, Poch will admire this part of his character I'm sure.
yeah he`s a leader in the non yew tree sense.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member

CxYJc6iVEAARB9J.jpg

birdonaball

birdonaball

Player in Training.
LOL, I read that at work today and it left me distracted most of the morning, imagining all the wonderfully delicious acts of revenge he'll be delivering out to him come next month.

He is a future captain for this club, and I think he's got the right balance of the 'steady eddy calmness' and 'cross me or my team mates and I'll fecking kill you' attitude I like.

Coming up against Maureen always beings a smile to my face, this just now adds a little more spice.

Last edited:
Ted the Yid

Ted the Yid

Founding Member
And in next weeks edition, Harry Kane linked with Man U. as speculation grows after not signing a new contact in nearly 2 weeks.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Happy Birthday Eric Dier, 23 today....

Imagine earning about £45k a week when you're 23... that's a lot of Nike trainers, or a new executive car every week, or 3 luxury holidays........every week. A £2m+ house every year, I'm going on now and he gives us much reason to smile and celebrate and he looks after Dele....I wonder what Bamidele bought Eric for his birthday?.....so anyway good luck well done and happy birthday Eric. We all love you.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Happy Birthday Eric Dier, 23 today....

Imagine earning about £45k a week when you're 23... that's a lot of Nike trainers, or a new executive car every week, or 3 luxury holidays........every week. A £2m+ house every year, I'm going on now and he gives us much reason to smile and celebrate and he looks after Dele....I wonder what Bamidele bought Eric for his birthday?.....so anyway good luck well done and happy birthday Eric. We all love you.
Dele absolutly rinsed him on twitter today

Flump

Flump

Founding Member
I still think he'll be our captain eventually.

conor1

conor1

Founding Member
It was the post match interview he did last year, I think it was the Chelsea or city game at home, that did it for me. Yeh, captain material and we're blessed to have a few of that sort in the squad. Right up there with the best signings we have made in recent times.
We're all ranting about Harry and Dele and Rose and Walker but Eric has been immense this season again. Happy birthday lad.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
He captained the team against Villa last week, ahead of Toby....

birdonaball

birdonaball

Player in Training.
Quick, talk some sense into me...... surely we won't be losing my lovely Eric to Man U.....urgh this will be such a long summer!

:eek:

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Quick, talk some sense into me...... surely we won't be losing my lovely Eric to Man U.....urgh this will be such a long summer!

:eek:
OK, we will not be losing Eric to Man U. No way. A player who has served as captain already, was one of Poch's first transfer dealings, was part of the decision-making in going to a back three? Again, no way.

Hope that helps.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Eric to me is just the type of player, that would rather be heralded a legend at the Lane for winning our first title for over 50 years, than chase a bigger pay packet elsewhere, I hope the majority of our first XI feel the same.

birdonaball

birdonaball

Player in Training.
OK, we will not be losing Eric to Man U. No way. A player who has served as captain already, was one of Poch's first transfer dealings, was part of the decision-making in going to a back three? Again, no way.

Hope that helps.

Didn't realise you'd replied :D

I have spent the last week being goaded at by Chelsea and Liverpool pond life and I think they just messed with my poor brain.

God help me when Chelsea actually win the bloody thing....

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Mourinho is a nasty, snidey, little arrogant prick isn't he.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Not that Poch needed to ask my opinion, but I have a feeling this book might be a bit of a ball ache for the next few months

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Not that Poch needed to ask my opinion, but I have a feeling this book might be a bit of a ball ache for the next few months

I've been thinking that as I read the articles. It's a strange time to release a book on the inner workings at Spurs. For me we're doing so well partly because of all the action behind closed doors. This seems to be bringing some of this out in the open. Still though it's been very interesting so far and some exerts have been brilliant to read, especially regarding Harry Kane.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I've been thinking that as I read the articles. It's a strange time to release a book on the inner workings at Spurs. For me we're doing so well partly because of all the action behind closed doors. This seems to be bringing some of this out in the open. Still though it's been very interesting so far and some exerts have been brilliant to read, especially regarding Harry Kane.
I'll definitely be picking up a copy. But players are usually pretty sensitive about the manager talking about these things in public. Maybe he talked to them about it, who knows.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Well Spurs, the manager and most of the players are flavour of the month at the moment. Can't get grumpy with any of it personally, it's dreamtime really when you think we're outplaying teams like United, Liverpool, Arsenal and City, with young players, with dynamic football, with a new Stadium on the way and the majority of the England team. Let's just hope that they're all behind it and come out just as a strong unit. I'm pretty sure Poch would have sought and got everyone's backing before releasing the book?