By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Fulham - H? (PL) 15:00 Sat 18th August 2018

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Dele wanted everything today. He showed how much he wanted to be involved and affect the game. He was motm for me, he drove us forwards and did some special little touches and flicks that oozed confidence. A few times he bollocked players for being lazy or not giving him the ball.

Lucas was busy and a real handful. Toby was.... well... Fucking brilliant. If he signed a new deal... what a fucking signing that would be. He's fucking mustard and we wouldn't have to pay a single penny for him either... no brainer for me, give him more cash on a 3 year extension, that way its long enough for us to plan and it'd be long enough to get a hefty pay out if he does leave.

Trips needs to get hos eye in for his crosses and then him and Kane will be linking a real treat. What a free kick tho, pick that out.

Davidson, Toby and Verts as a back 3.... is there a better back 3 in the fucking world? Nah didn't think so...

Oh and who was that huge black lad who came on for Dier... I like him.

No Aurier was nice, Davies had a quiet game, Hugo made some more awesome saves.

Harry.... scored in August...

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Good win and an entertaining games. Could have scored a few more especially Kane. Moura really looks like he is well settled in now and feels like a new signing for me, although he doesn't count as one as bought last year, of course. Without buying this summer we actually have an abundance of attacking options once Son comes back.
I liked the initial line up and three at the back set up but felt Poch made a really good decision to change things up when he did Fluham got wise to our set after half time but changing to 4 at back with Dembele coming on made the difference at 1-1 and Kane could have gone on to score 3.

Looking forward to United away next week now. COYS!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Good win and an entertaining games. Could have scored a few more especially Kane. Moura really looks like he is well settled in now and feels like a new signing for me, although he doesn't count as one as bought last year, of course. Without buying this summer we actually have an abundance of attacking options once Son comes back.
I liked the initial line up and three at the back set up but felt Poch made a really good decision to change things up when he did Fluham got wise to our set after half time but changing to 4 at back with Dembele coming on made the difference at 1-1 and Kane could have gone on to score 3.

Looking forward to United away next week now. COYS!
Yep, and bringing on Lamela helped a bit, he powered through their quite strong midfield and defence to set up that impossible August goal for Harry, I liked that! I am going to say (for I think the 5th season running) that this could be Eric's season.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Yep, and bringing on Lamela helped a bit, he powered through their quite strong midfield and defence to set up that impossible August goal for Harry, I liked that! I am going to say (for I think the 5th season running) that this could be Eric's season.
I forgot how good he was when he came on. We really had quite a few long term injury/absentee's last season when you think about it. Lamela, Winks, Rose, Toby, and Wanyama missed most of the season add them to the squad that played last season plus Moura and we are pretty good to go. We may even seen a youngster rise through the ranks too yet. Early days to get over excited yet but this is the best squad we've had in my time as a supporter.

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
So which was the better goal Mouras curling left footer , or Trippers curling freekick ( he knew it was in and turned away celebrating ......I’d go for Mouras
Apparently this was the first freekick since Erickson scored against Swansea a few seasons back . Thst means in 2 seasons at 2 freekicisk a game Erickson has failed at least 60-70 times to score.....and his free kicks are still shocking

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
So which was the better goal Mouras curling left footer , or Trippers curling freekick ( he knew it was in and turned away celebrating ......I’d go for Mouras
Apparently this was the first freekick since Erickson scored against Swansea a few seasons back . Thst means in 2 seasons at 2 freekicisk a game Erickson has failed at least 60-70 times to score.....and his free kicks are still shocking
I'd go with Moura's too but there's not much in it. Both sublime goals. Think Tripps has put a strong claim to being free kick king now!

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
I'd go with Moura's too but there's not much in it. Both sublime goals. Think Tripps has put a strong claim to being free kick king now!

Liam

Liam

Founding Member

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
scored a freekick against juve didnt he?

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Considering all the panic and negativity in the press/fans because of the transfer window and the stadium issue. We seem to have started from where we left off last season :)

COYS!

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.

Kanes was my favourite

Dembele and lamela made difference for me, first half we had lots of crosses but i didnt think we looked like scoring

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
If I was going to go full Mourinho and have a moan, well there wuldn't be very much to moan about, apart from one thing.....moving the ball a bit quicker, more incisively in the final third. I get the possession thing and the fact that we apparently created 21 chances, but it seemed to me for the first 40 minutes we had so much possession that just went sideways and backwards without good chances being created. It's tiring to watch sometimes in contrast to Lamela's driving run for Harry's goal for example. I like the fact that we're strong at the back and keep the ball well, but I'd like a bit more of City's or Liverpool's rock n roll football in attack....just occasionally would be nice. Thanks Poch, carry on.

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
I get the possession thing and the fact that we apparently created 21 chances, but it seemed to me for the first 40 minutes we had so much possession that just went sideways and backwards without good chances being created. I

Me too....I went to the loo and get a beer....then Moura scored !

NiceOneCyril

NiceOneCyril

Player in Training.
Good to see Lamela back and in fine form, but Harry Winks was the man of the match for me. 100% passing record. Next week he might try a second on. He looks like he’s bulked up quite a bit - there’s the long term Dembele replacement sorted.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Good to see Lamela back and in fine form, but Harry Winks was the man of the match for me. 100% passing record. Next week he might try a second on. He looks like he’s bulked up quite a bit - there’s the long term Dembele replacement sorted.
Ridiculous that he and sissoko helped destroy Real,he is still viewed as potential,could be like a +£30m signing right there if he does the biz,Winks not sissoko!!
And Lamela has always been good at finding a pass between the lines,didnt he come on as sub at the emirates and assist eriksen after a minute the other year too?

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Ridiculous that he and sissoko helped destroy Real,he is still viewed as potential,could be like a +£30m signing right there if he does the biz,Winks not sissoko!!
And Lamela has always been good at finding a pass between the lines,didnt he come on as sub at the emirates and assist eriksen after a minute the other year too?
He got a good assist for Eriksen at the Etihad when we won 2-1 a couple of seasons ago. I farkin loved that day, almost got smashed in by a copper on a horse for leaving the area outside they'd tried to keep spurs fans in so they could get them on the coaches quick. Trouble was Spurs fans wanted to sing outside and I wasn't gonna get a coach to London or wherever when I lived twenty minutes up the road....

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
He got a good assist for Eriksen at the Etihad when we won 2-1 a couple of seasons ago. I farkin loved that day, almost got smashed in by a copper on a horse for leaving the area outside they'd tried to keep spurs fans in so they could get them on the coaches quick. Trouble was Spurs fans wanted to sing outside and I wasn't gonna get a coach to London or wherever when I lived twenty minutes up the road....
Had to check,yes set up chadli

NiceOneCyril

NiceOneCyril

Player in Training.
Haha, brilliant whiff by Welbeck there - bet he claimed an assist. Reminded me of Fred, Rashford and Lukaku for United yesterday, all in one match. Red shirt wearing tossers.