By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

  • Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

    Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.


    Join us!

Huddersfield - A (PL) 15:00 Sat 29th September 2018

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Likes
1,228
#1
HuddersfieldTottenham.jpg


Previous as feck again, but I am elsewhere and might be even more elsewhere after we beat Watford in the Carrierbag doodah. The infallible bit of code I wrote to predict the results gives us a 68% chance of wining this, 21% the draw and Huddersfield get just 11%, so, nailed on tough game that we will scrape a one goal win in - or we will thump them by loads.

Interesting snippets of interestingness:

42 Meetings

Huddersfield Town have played Tottenham Hotspur 42 times in all competitions.

First Match

Their first match was in the League Division Two on Saturday, 24 January 1920. Tottenham Hotspur were playing at home that day and the final score was Huddersfield Town 1 Tottenham Hotspur 1 .

Last Match

The latest meeting between these two teams was a Premier League game on Saturday, 3 March 2018, the score was Tottenham Hotspur 2 Huddersfield Town 0.

Highest Goals in Game - 10

League Division One, Saturday, 19 September 1925, Tottenham Hotspur 5 Huddersfield Town 5
 
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Likes
1,973
#2
It's time for a 'thumping by loads' I reckon. King Harry had three great chances to score against Brighton and hit all three straight at the keeper. He'll get a hat trick here and we'll win 4-1 because Dele, or Son or probably Erik the Argentinian will get another one, and we always let one in to keep it exciting. They will all have had a week off rather than going to Milton keynes so will be ready for the annihilation.

The scum have caught us up, so this is now a must not lose or draw type of game, which is difficult because we this will be our 4th away game on the trot, mind you we had 38 last season and did alright. Any win will do obviously, but a good thumping is always better.
 
skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Well-Known Member
Founding Member
Likes
3,401
#3
Right time to play a team at the bottom and out of sorts.Surely they wont just sit back like brighton??not sure either tactic will get them a result,but they may as well go for it.
 
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Likes
1,973
#4
Right time to play a team at the bottom and out of sorts.Surely they wont just sit back like brighton??not sure either tactic will get them a result,but they may as well go for it.
I hope they go for it and we get a bit of space to play, would suit us nicely.
 
skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Well-Known Member
Founding Member
Likes
3,401
#5
Spurs injury news: Serge Aurier (thigh) - undergoing assessment. Christian Eriksen (abdomen) - undergoing rehab & not available for Huddersfield. Hugo Lloris (thigh) - continuing on field conditioning & remains unavailable. Michel Vorm (knee) - continuing rehab & will miss match.
 
J.spurs

J.spurs

Well-Known Member
Founding Member
Likes
536
#7
Eriksen looks like he needs a rest anyway--hasn't looked great. Wonder if that's down to the injury?
 
skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Well-Known Member
Founding Member
Likes
3,401
#8
Reports Dele is out for a month hamstring problem,Perfect!!
 
Yid

Yid

Well-Known Member
Founding Member
Likes
727
#15
Lovely jubbly.... so far.

Our decision making for the final ball though... could have had 5 today if the final bells were better.

Oh and Dier...... their best player. His passing stats for them was better than Pritchards.
 
Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Likes
204
#16
Lovely jubbly.... so far.

Our decision making for the final ball though... could have had 5 today if the final bells were better.

Oh and Dier...... their best player. His passing stats for them was better than Pritchards.
Quite worrying what's happened to Dier but even big Vic didn't look that good when he came on, we look a very disjointed outfit at the moment. At least we won though so I'll take the 3 points and move on.
 
Yid

Yid

Well-Known Member
Founding Member
Likes
727
#17
Quite worrying what's happened to Dier but even big Vic didn't look that good when he came on, we look a very disjointed outfit at the moment. At least we won though so I'll take the 3 points and move on.
And that's why I think a player like Pogba could be fucking great driving us forwards.

Vic should be shielding the back 3.... Dier should too, we need players on the ball in there and neither of them are that.

Ericson is having a bit of a lull and Dele is fucked so were relying on Winks who plays a little deeper and ticks the game over. He recycles and distributed he doesnt necessarily create and be dangerous in the final 3rd.

We need that I think and it'll all click back into place.
 
skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Well-Known Member
Founding Member
Likes
3,401
#18
All these injuries,thank heavens for the international break,after next weekend we dont play until the 20th.

Just efficient yesterday,didnt play fantastic but had more than enough to beat an average side likely to go down.Not bad as we were missing Lloris,eriksen,lamela,Dele,jan&mousa for half the game too.Thought Sanchez was great as was Rose,wanyama getting back into it too with winks.The ref let them kick lumps and was influenced by the crowd too much,but it happens.A win is a win !!
 

Latest posts

Associates

Forum statistics

Threads
628
Messages
30,612
Members
159
Latest member
DemiP