• To Dare is to do...
    1. Welcome to Proper Spursy the most authentic Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Forum, the home of the fallout crowd, you have to be awesome to be a member here. If you are awesome come and say hello.

Hugo Lloris

Discussion in 'Player Discussion' started by skiathospurs, Aug 16, 2016.

1. skiathospurs

skiathospurs Well-Known Member Founding Member

Tottenham Hotspur ‏@SpursOfficial
      Following further assessment of the hamstring injury sustained by Hugo, we can confirm he's expected to be out of action for around 4 weeks.

Following further assessment and scans of the left hamstring injury sustained by Hugo Lloris in the 1-1 draw at Everton on Saturday, we can confirm he is expected to be out of action for around four weeks.
      Our captain left the field during the first half at Goodison Park and our medical team will continue to monitor his progress during his rehabilitation to determine when he will be ready to return to training.

• Informative Informative x 1
    2. skiathospurs

Would miss 3 games - Palace (H), Liverpool (H), Stoke (A). Could be back for Sunderland (H) on Sep 18.

3. Don Diaz

Don Diaz Zero tolerance of Numpty's Founding Member

Probably not quite fit enough with the additional holiday (deserved) after the Euro's before Everton. Come back quick Hugo.

4. skiathospurs

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...-goal-i-knew-i-was-staying-here-a3328041.html
      Hugo Lloris has reaffirmed his commitment to Tottenham, insisting that he never considered leaving the club this summer.

Lloris has often found himself linked with a departure from White Hart Lane, with speculation surrounding Lloris’ future growing particularly intense last summer when Manchester United considered him as a potential replacement for David de Gea.

However, when it comes to transfers at least, this summer has been notably quieter for the France and Tottenham captain.

Last month Lloris suggested that Mauricio Pochettino’s decision to extend his contract was likely to convince him to do the same, and it appears there is little that can be done to prise Lloris away from the Lane.
      Asked whether his phone had been buzzing with transfer offers during the summer Lloris told L’Equipe: “I turned it off. There have been rumours of my departure for many summers.

“From the moment we reached our goal, in spring, my mind was made up. I’ve never asked myself the question. I knew I would stay.

“I am in a project which started really with Pochettino. The first two seasons, yes, it didn’t happen as I wished collectively, but the challenges have helped me make my way. They saw that they could count on me.”After Spurs’ third place finish last season Lloris will lead his side out at Wembley for the club’s home Champions League fixtures, though he may be unavailable for the first fixture after suffering a hamstring injury in the season opening draw with Everton.
      Having arrived at Tottenham two years after they had last appeared in Europe’s top club competition Lloris is eager to get the club’s Champions League campaign underway at their temporary home in Wembley.

“It is an indescribable competition. This is where you have to be, and where you want to be.”

Tottenham will find out their group stage opponents on Thursday. Roma’s 3-0 loss to Porto in the Stadio Olimpico means Spurs are guaranteed to be placed in Pot Three when the draw takes place in Lyon, meaning they could face two sides as fearsome as Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid and Juventus before Christmas.

5. Don Diaz

Love Hugo, top man and very very good goalkeeper.

Someone needs to tell the rest of Europe that we don't fear anyone...in fact conversely, I bet there are a lot of clubs that won't want to draw us as the Pot 3 team.

• Agree Agree x 2
    6. skiathospurs

7. Finchbee

Finchbee Player in Training.

Happy Christmas boys! Best keeper in league and possibly world signs new contract! Fucking happy days

We are delighted to announce that Hugo Lloris has signed a new contract with the Club, which will run until 2022. ✍ #COYS

• Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    8. J.spurs

J.spurs Well-Known Member Founding Member

I didn't believe it until I saw this:
      [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    9. skiathospurs

[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    10. Style And Glory

Style And Glory Player in Training.

11. Don Diaz

Good news day. Congrats to Hugo, Poch and Levy.

12. Ted the Yid

Ted the Yid Well-Known Member Founding Member

Massive signing, of all the players we have, he is probably more desired by other clubs than any other.

• Agree Agree x 1
    13. Don Diaz

You're right, he's certainly part of our strong spine, but Toby and Harry are the main men in my book, just need to get Toby done now and it's pretty much a full house!

14. BigDub

BigDub Member Founding Member

Great news. Interesting to see Jimenez join in the pictures. He and Hugo must have a very good relationship. Time to get Toby's new contract sorted then.

• Agree Agree x 1
    15. conor1

conor1 Well-Known Member Founding Member

Huge signing imo.

16. birdonaball

birdonaball Player in Training.

Great news and now we just tie up Toby and Coco and that's pretty much the whole first team. Wait, what about Dembele ? Has he already signed up and I've just forgotten ?

Oh and on a totally selfish view point- Hugo looked particularly lovely in those pictures :oops:

• Like Like x 1
    17. Dorset

Dorset The Voice Of Reason Founding Member

This is a massive vote of confidence for the mighty Poch and his project. Hugo could pretty much chose any club he wanted and he chose to stay with us. This will boos the confidence of the players and the fans, and persuade any player who was considering his future that shininess is on its way at Spurs. Nice Christmas present for us all - have I told you how much I fucking hate Christmas? Probably.

18. skiathospurs

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/tottenham-goalkeeper-hugo-lloris-admits-172415892.html
      Tottenham Hotspur goalkeeper Hugo Lloris has heaped praise on current manager Mauricio Pochettino, stating that he won't leave the club while the Argentine tactician is in charge.

The 30-year-old shot-stopper has been linked with a move away from White Hart Lane in recent seasons, but he dispelled exit-talk by recently signing a new deal to keep him at the club until 2022.
      Lloris joined the club under the command of Andre Villas-Boas back in 2012, he was then managed by Tim Sherwood and more recently Mauricio Pochettino, who he is full of praise for.

“He's a man of character, immediately one feels something special at first contact. He has charisma, affection, sometimes a form of hardness as in face to face discussions", he told L'Equipe .
      I've known two coaches (Villas-Boas and Sherwood), but most of all I've known a different club, and I even thought, well, maybe we should move on. But as soon as I met him, a new project started, a relationship of trust was born, that is exactly what he conveyed to his players.”

Lloris has been absolutely key to Tottenham's resurgence in recent seasons, not only does he provide experience for the side's young players, but he also has an unrivalled ability in between the sticks which has seen him become one of the world's most desired goalkeepers.

• Like Like x 1
    19. Don Diaz

It says a great deal when Hugo has an off day, they go 2-0 up and still don't win, with £500m of 'talent'....perhaps the managerial and player accolades are mis directed and should really be claimed by our resilient defence and Poch prowess....with his formation and personnel changes, he got it spot on, when we weren't at our best. He's magic you know...

20. Rev John Ripsher

Rev John Ripsher Player in Training.

Hugo was long overdue a bad game, he has gone a very long time since his last one. (I cannot remember a bad game from him to be honest)

21. Don Diaz

He had one at Chelsea away a couple of seasons ago lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    22. birdonaball

birdonaball Player in Training.

Hugo did it on purpose ! After all, to be that fine of a keeper, he has to remind us every once in a while what life would be like as Spurs fans if he was just a regular, normal keeper, and not the God like monster that he is.

I think he succeeded...

• Like Like x 1
    23. The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper Player in Training.

What a bastard.:D