By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Hugo Lloris

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Tottenham Hotspur ‏@SpursOfficial
Following further assessment of the hamstring injury sustained by Hugo, we can confirm he's expected to be out of action for around 4 weeks.

Following further assessment and scans of the left hamstring injury sustained by Hugo Lloris in the 1-1 draw at Everton on Saturday, we can confirm he is expected to be out of action for around four weeks.
Our captain left the field during the first half at Goodison Park and our medical team will continue to monitor his progress during his rehabilitation to determine when he will be ready to return to training.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Would miss 3 games - Palace (H),Liverpool (H),Stoke (A). Could be back for Sunderland (H) on Sep 18.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Probably not quite fit enough with the additional holiday (deserved) after the Euro's before Everton. Come back quick Hugo.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...-goal-i-knew-i-was-staying-here-a3328041.html
Hugo Lloris has reaffirmed his commitment to Tottenham, insisting that he never considered leaving the club this summer.

Lloris has often found himself linked with a departure from White Hart Lane, with speculation surrounding Lloris’ future growing particularly intense last summer when Manchester United considered him as a potential replacement for David de Gea.

However, when it comes to transfers at least, this summer has been notably quieter for the France and Tottenham captain.

Last month Lloris suggested that Mauricio Pochettino’s decision to extend his contract was likely to convince him to do the same, and it appears there is little that can be done to prise Lloris away from the Lane.
Asked whether his phone had been buzzing with transfer offers during the summer Lloris told L’Equipe: “I turned it off. There have been rumours of my departure for many summers.

“From the moment we reached our goal, in spring, my mind was made up. I’ve never asked myself the question. I knew I would stay.

“I am in a project which started really with Pochettino. The first two seasons, yes, it didn’t happen as I wished collectively, but the challenges have helped me make my way. They saw that they could count on me.”After Spurs’ third place finish last season Lloris will lead his side out at Wembley for the club’s home Champions League fixtures, though he may be unavailable for the first fixture after suffering a hamstring injury in the season opening draw with Everton.
Having arrived at Tottenham two years after they had last appeared in Europe’s top club competition Lloris is eager to get the club’s Champions League campaign underway at their temporary home in Wembley.

“It is an indescribable competition. This is where you have to be, and where you want to be.”

Tottenham will find out their group stage opponents on Thursday. Roma’s 3-0 loss to Porto in the Stadio Olimpico means Spurs are guaranteed to be placed in Pot Three when the draw takes place in Lyon, meaning they could face two sides as fearsome as Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid and Juventus before Christmas.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Tottenham will find out their group stage opponents on Thursday. Roma’s 3-0 loss to Porto in the Stadio Olimpico means Spurs are guaranteed to be placed in Pot Three when the draw takes place in Lyon, meaning they could face two sides as fearsome as Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid and Juventus before Christmas.

Love Hugo, top man and very very good goalkeeper.

Someone needs to tell the rest of Europe that we don't fear anyone...in fact conversely, I bet there are a lot of clubs that won't want to draw us as the Pot 3 team.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
CvH_JBsWEAA_NUF.jpg

CvHEaQBWAAAFlj0.jpg

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
Happy Christmas boys! Best keeper in league and possibly world signs new contract! Fucking happy days

We are delighted to announce that Hugo Lloris has signed a new contract with the Club, which will run until 2022. ✍ #COYS

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Good news day. Congrats to Hugo, Poch and Levy.

Ted the Yid

Ted the Yid

Founding Member
Massive signing, of all the players we have, he is probably more desired by other clubs than any other.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Massive signing, of all the players we have, he is probably more desired by other clubs than any other.
You're right, he's certainly part of our strong spine, but Toby and Harry are the main men in my book, just need to get Toby done now and it's pretty much a full house!

BigDub

BigDub

Founding Member
Great news. Interesting to see Jimenez join in the pictures. He and Hugo must have a very good relationship. Time to get Toby's new contract sorted then.

birdonaball

birdonaball

Player in Training.
Great news and now we just tie up Toby and Coco and that's pretty much the whole first team. Wait, what about Dembele ? Has he already signed up and I've just forgotten ?

Oh and on a totally selfish view point- Hugo looked particularly lovely in those pictures :oops:

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
This is a massive vote of confidence for the mighty Poch and his project. Hugo could pretty much chose any club he wanted and he chose to stay with us. This will boos the confidence of the players and the fans, and persuade any player who was considering his future that shininess is on its way at Spurs. Nice Christmas present for us all - have I told you how much I fucking hate Christmas? Probably.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/tottenham-goalkeeper-hugo-lloris-admits-172415892.html
Tottenham Hotspur goalkeeper Hugo Lloris has heaped praise on current manager Mauricio Pochettino, stating that he won't leave the club while the Argentine tactician is in charge.

The 30-year-old shot-stopper has been linked with a move away from White Hart Lane in recent seasons, but he dispelled exit-talk by recently signing a new deal to keep him at the club until 2022.
Lloris joined the club under the command of Andre Villas-Boas back in 2012, he was then managed by Tim Sherwood and more recently Mauricio Pochettino, who he is full of praise for.

“He's a man of character, immediately one feels something special at first contact. He has charisma, affection, sometimes a form of hardness as in face to face discussions", he told L'Equipe .
I've known two coaches (Villas-Boas and Sherwood),but most of all I've known a different club, and I even thought, well, maybe we should move on. But as soon as I met him, a new project started, a relationship of trust was born, that is exactly what he conveyed to his players.”

Lloris has been absolutely key to Tottenham's resurgence in recent seasons, not only does he provide experience for the side's young players, but he also has an unrivalled ability in between the sticks which has seen him become one of the world's most desired goalkeepers.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
It says a great deal when Hugo has an off day, they go 2-0 up and still don't win, with £500m of 'talent'....perhaps the managerial and player accolades are mis directed and should really be claimed by our resilient defence and Poch prowess....with his formation and personnel changes, he got it spot on, when we weren't at our best. He's magic you know...

Rev John Ripsher

Rev John Ripsher

Player in Training.
Hugo was long overdue a bad game, he has gone a very long time since his last one. (I cannot remember a bad game from him to be honest)

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Hugo was long overdue a bad game, he has gone a very long time since his last one. (I cannot remember a bad game from him to be honest)
He had one at Chelsea away a couple of seasons ago lol

birdonaball

birdonaball

Player in Training.
Hugo did it on purpose ! After all, to be that fine of a keeper, he has to remind us every once in a while what life would be like as Spurs fans if he was just a regular, normal keeper, and not the God like monster that he is.

I think he succeeded...

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Hugo did it on purpose ! After all, to be that fine of a keeper, he has to remind us every once in a while what life would be like as Spurs fans if he was just a regular, normal keeper, and not the God like monster that he is.

I think he succeeded...

What a bastard.:D

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/ll...sappointing-european-campaigns-112629461.html

Hugo Lloris admits he has been frustrated by Tottenham’s disappointing European campaigns during his time at the club – and the captain feels that is the biggest area for improvement this season.

The 30-year-old reached the semi-final of the Champions League with Lyon in 2010. But, since his move to north London, Spurs’ best effort on the continent has been their run to the Europa League quarter-finals under Andre Villas-Boas in 2013.

Last season Mauricio Pochettino’s side were involved in the Champions League, but they exited in the group stage and were then immediately eliminated from the Europa League too, falling in the last-32 stage against Belgian outfit Gent.

Tottenham will get another shot at the Champions League this term and, asked if Europe represents the biggest area where they can improve, Lloris said: “Yes, I agree with you.

READ MORE: Tottenham youngster pushing Kieran Trippier for role as Kyle Walker’s replacement

READ MORE: Mousa Dembele picks out Tottenham starlet he expects to go all the way to the top

“It’s been five seasons now that I’ve been with Spurs and I’ve got a little bit frustrated about European competition, because I think we’ve got the talent to go further than we’ve done. Even in the Champions League – the highest level possible in Europe – we have the potential to reach another level.

“Hopefully this season we can prove our real value, to compete against the best teams in Europe and go as far as possible, even if the first target will be to get our of the group stage.”

“The last two or three years, we went through different experiences in the FA Cup and the Premier League, even the international competitions for the English players, for the Belgians, for me." data-reactid="35" style="margin-bottom: 1em; color: rgb(38, 40, 42); font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;">Asked if a lack of experience has been a major factor for Spurs’ youthful squad, Lloris replied: “Yes, probably.
“The last two or three years, we went through different experiences in the FA Cup and the Premier League, even the international competitions for the English players, for the Belgians, for me.

0088ae0f153669fbf07adc2ba7cc40b2

View photos
“It’s important. You cannot arrive one day and expect success. You need time, it’s a philosophy and that’s why we are waking up to work hard, push ourselves to the limit and try to get the success.

“Many of the players last season, it was their first experience of the Champions League. We can say whatever we want but there is always a first time in your career, and it’s like the Euros for the English players." data-reactid="53" style="margin-bottom: 1em; color: rgb(38, 40, 42); font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;">“We’ve been able to get such great performances in the Premier League and we just need to repeat that in the Champions League. Hopefully that will happen this year.
“Many of the players last season, it was their first experience of the Champions League. We can say whatever we want but there is always a first time in your career, and it’s like the Euros for the English players.

“We know the talent and the potential but it’s step by step. You need to go through different experiences. I believe a lot in this team and the club.”

Lloris, speaking as a group of Spurs players helped to maintain the greenery on the iconic High Line in New York, continued: “In the last two or three seasons, we’re building something strong. It’s about the concept, it’s about basics and one thing that can help us is knowing each other so well.

“We’re used to working together for a long time now and that’s a strength. We need to keep that. Every season the level has to be a step up – individually, collectively.”

READ MORE: Tottenham could sign right-back Jeremy Toljan for just £3.1m

READ MORE: Tottenham guide to the 2017-18 Premier League season

While Lloris feels the stability in the squad is a source of power, Tottenham’s rivals have been recruiting at great expense, and Manchester City have now spent more than £200million this summer. Meanwhile, Spurs are yet to sign anyone.

“I trust my club, I trust my manager and the chairman,” said Lloris. “I don’t know what will happen for Tottenham in the next few weeks. Like you, I’m looking around in Europe in the transfer market, but I’m just thinking about Tottenham.

“I know in the Premier League it’s getting harder every season, but that’s why I love it. It’s the most competitive league in the world and every week is a big fight. That’s why I enjoy it.”

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
“I trust my club, I trust my manager and the chairman,” said Lloris. “I don’t know what will happen for Tottenham in the next few weeks. Like you, I’m looking around in Europe in the transfer market, but I’m just thinking about Tottenham.

“I know in the Premier League it’s getting harder every season, but that’s why I love it. It’s the most competitive league in the world and every week is a big fight. That’s why I enjoy it.”

These words are just beautiful !! He has gone back to being my Hero....For me every season he stays is like signing a new keeper!!

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
These words are just beautiful !! He has gone back to being my Hero....For me every season he stays is like signing a new keeper!!
This interview pretty much embodies what a captain is supposed to be about.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
really let down by the second goal to alonso he allowed. not worried it will happen again though

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
really let down by the second goal to alonso he allowed. not worried it will happen again though
Hugo knows more than anyone he made a mistake, just bad luck it was Chelsea and cost the match....as it often does when you're a goalkeeper. He was only as much at fault as Vic and both have been rocks in the last season. I'd allow them the odd lapse, great thatits out of the way so early!

Flump

Flump

Founding Member
First time we've had a decent keeper since Clemence and he left 30 years ago. It's not his first mistake and won't be his last. That's the life of a keeper unfortunately. Distribution aside, which could do with some work, he's top class.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
First time we've had a decent keeper since Clemence and he left 30 years ago. It's not his first mistake and won't be his last. That's the life of a keeper unfortunately. Distribution aside, which could do with some work, he's top class.

no doubt. i'll take him over any other keeper in the world (except neuer)