By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

ITK

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who Trix
When 30th August
Where SC

There has been talk of holding money back to January, as it might make all the difference being able to strengthen in a specific area if needed during a long season like this one.

Saying that I'll be surprised if no one comes in at all.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who Trix
When 30th August
Where SC

2 more days to go, and I think there will still be movement, but signing players for the sake of it is pointless because Conte just won't play them.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who Trix
When 30th August
Where SC

I think there is a big difference between being focused on a specific type of player, and just a specific player. Poch picked out individuals, and if we couldn't get them then it was no one. Conte will ask for a specific player because he can do xyz, but if he isn't available he'll happily accept another player as long as he has a similar skillset. Makes a massive difference.

Lets see what happens, I still think there will be movement over the next couple of days.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who What Lies Beneath
When 30th August
Where SC

I'm happy with our window, Yes we didn't get the main CB target but that will have to wait. The squad has been strengthened in other areas and overall has more depth and balance than we have had in a while.

Still expect Gil's replacement to come in most likely Traore atm.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who: Trix
When: 30th August
Where: SC

We are still looking to bring players in. It's not doom and gloom time just yet.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who: Hercules
When: 31st August

We are trying at the minute.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who: Hotspur88
When: 31st August

I've never been told any different. We are still trying to bring players in. How this all pans out now is anyone's guess as there are so many potential eventualities depending on who goes/stays and their position.

I'll be gobsmacked if we don't bring in at least one. But you 100% cannot rule out a 2nd player if everything falls into place.

Let's just sit back and enjoy the last couple of days. Usually at this point, we are running around like headless chickens, being linked with so many names and inevitably failing and leaving the squad short. I do think we are a AM and CB short of giving it a real go, but read Conte's quotes clearly, this isn't something that can all be done in one window.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
When: 1st September

Strange times for a deadline day, the club is in full lockdown and has been for a few days now. Between us we are all hearing similar.... We are trying for players but we are getting very limited information as to who we are currently trying to get in before close of play. We have 2 that could potentially leave today(plus Gil) but as Conte has said that won't happen unless replacements come in, and I doubt we let both go tbh. The club is 100% taking every precaution to hide any potential business. What I can say I have been told is that we already have an eye on January. Now my interpretation of that would be a player we've tried for, can't get, and their club needs them to sign a new contract. So Bastoni or Zaniolo, but that's just me taking an educated guess based on limited information. If that's the case then we clearly won't be looking to spend huge money on a player in that position now.

As for today, I wouldn't rule anything out, Be that 2 or 3 in, or even no one at all, as I genuinely have no idea how this will pan out. Hope to be able to bring a bit more as the day goes on and things progress.:)

ValenciaYid

ValenciaYid

Player in Training.

Strange times for a deadline day, the club is in full lockdown and has been for a few days now. Between us we are all hearing similar.... We are trying for players but we are getting very limited information as to who we are currently trying to get in before close of play. We have 2 that could potentially leave today(plus Gil) but as Conte has said that won't happen unless replacements come in, and I doubt we let both go tbh. The club is 100% taking every precaution to hide any potential business. What I can say I have been told is that we already have an eye on January. Now my interpretation of that would be a player we've tried for, can't get, and their club needs them to sign a new contract. So Bastoni or Zaniolo, but that's just me taking an educated guess based on limited information. If that's the case then we clearly won't be looking to spend huge money on a player in that position now.

As for today, I wouldn't rule anything out, Be that 2 or 3 in, or even no one at all, as I genuinely have no idea how this will pan out. Hope to be able to bring a bit more as the day goes on and things progress.:)
Dont get your hopes up👍👍

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
As for today, I wouldn't rule anything out, Be that 2 or 3 in, or even no one at all, as I genuinely have no idea how this will pan out. Hope to be able to bring a bit more as the day goes on and things progress
Amen

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who: Hotspur88

Like trying to get blood from a stone my end today sorry.

Was told to expect 2 more in for the past few weeks but obviously certain things had to fall into place for that to happen.

We won't just buy stop gaps anymore and end up having the same issue we currently have trying to shift the deadwood.

Rumours of January are true, we are already lining up potential deals we can revisit apparently.

Conte has said it will take a few more windows to get to the desired level to compete at the top. He's happy with the business we've done but I'm sure the same as the rest of us, he would have liked a couple more in. CB, RWB and AM will be the focus of the next window.