By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Juan Foyth

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I really like the bloke and I think he has huge potential. Of course there have been some wobbly games, he's only 21 and has played a gnat's fart over 900 minutes of Premier League football, but when he's good he's very, very good. Apparently he played a blinder for Argentina the other night.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Have to say I'm all for this. I like when centre backs shift to full backs as they are better defenders. Would give Foyth more game time for sure as even if tobs leaves Sanchez will take over the majority.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Foyth May be here for a long time. Think he is a Poch prodigy....hope he becomes truly world class, already an Argentinian International, no mean feat, eh Erik?

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.

That Foyth getting done by Sonny? Best he gets megged in practice but not in games...

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
I know everyone loves a good meg, but defensively it is way worse if an opponent blows straight past you. At least if you get megged you have time to re-gather yourself and the attacker still has to re-posses the ball at some speed. It really just looks cool and has a catchy name.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I know everyone loves a good meg, but defensively it is way worse if an opponent blows straight past you. At least if you get megged you have time to re-gather yourself and the attacker still has to re-posses the ball at some speed. It really just looks cool and has a catchy name.
yeah but that time VDV megged wilshire twice in 5 secs was pretty darn cool.....

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Two totally different scenarios, most of the time (if I am visualizing this correctly).
Generally speaking blowing past someone you’re not even thinking about megging them. Kick the ball past them, run around them, continue. Megging you’re close quarters, do them dirty, call them a wanker, collect and continue. I agree with the general premise of your comment, though.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Two totally different scenarios, most of the time (if I am visualizing this correctly).
Generally speaking blowing past someone you’re not even thinking about megging them. Kick the ball past them, run around them, continue. Megging you’re close quarters, do them dirty, call them a wanker, collect and continue. I agree with the general premise of your comment, though.
Thats pretty much what lamela did to andros at palace,so dirty Danny put his hand over his mouth in disbelief.A bit of dirty showboating is always good.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Correct. If there's space behind a defender to run into, and you nutmeg them, it's because they were too square to you, and it really doesn't take that much more skill than the classic touch around and go move that I remember Jurgen Klinsman always doing when I was young. If you get nutmegged at close quarters, it's more often because of genuine skill on the part of the player with the ball, like the move from Lamela skiathos just referenced. I've always said that one thing about Messi (especially when he was a little younger) that reminds me of Maradona is his ability to beat players with a quick move or two while at a dead sprint.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Best one I ever saw was a lad I played with that went pro... my pal and Matty upson were the two big hitters and my pal drew Upson in, dropped a shoulder and megged him, called it and patted him on the head as he went past, stopped the ball and meghed him again going back to where he started, laughing.