• To Dare is to do...
    1. Welcome to Proper Spursy the most authentic Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Forum, the home of the fallout crowd, you have to be awesome to be a member here. If you are awesome come and say hello.

Michel Vorm

Discussion in 'Player Discussion' started by skiathospurs, Dec 23, 2016.

1. skiathospurs

skiathospurs Well-Known Member Founding Member

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
    2. skiathospurs

Not quite sure why we signed Lopez with this announcement,good thing to have an able #2 to Hugo.I thought this stage of life Vorm would want a chance somewhere as a first choice?Happy for him to be Hugo´s deputy.

3. Dorset

Dorset The Voice Of Reason Founding Member

Isn't he shite though? I read that in the other place - oh wait a minute those numpties are the same numpties who said the same thing about Super Brad and every other player that has ever played for us.

I'm surprised he doesn't want to be number one somewhere else, but as you say he's a very good number two keeper.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. J.spurs

J.spurs Well-Known Member Founding Member

This is a bit of a strange one, but I guess he's happy. He mentioned family, and sometimes we forget that these people are human beings--if the missus and the kids are enjoying life, why rock the boat?

Making a wage that's beyond comfortable, living in some posh area of London, very little pressure, and getting to sit pitch side to watch the greatest football club in the world play every week. Not the worst life, is it?

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    5. skiathospurs

This on its own was worth a new contract!
      [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    6. conor1

conor1 Well-Known Member Founding Member

Kudos to Vorm. But I tell you what mate, looking at that pic, the home game against this shower can't come quick enough. I just hope, nah, know the home faithful will make it the most intimidating atmosphere the facists have ever come across. Lets hope fabregas is foolish enough to be available for it

• Like Like x 1
    7. skiathospurs

that picture sums up us and them last season,we were up for it they werent,only costa the nutter is up for a row,this league aint finished yet,if conte blinks the mercenary bastards will drop off again.

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. skiathospurs

The future of Tottenham Hotspur's third choice goalkeeper Pau Lopez has been clarified somewhat by his manager Mauricio Pochettino after the recent contract renewals for Hugo Lloris and Michel Vorm.

Lopez, 22, was in fine form for Espanyol last season and earned himself a call-up to Vicente del Bosque's preliminary Spain squad for Euro 2016, but did not end up making the final cut. He then fell out of favour with the new coach at the La Liga club, the former Watford boss Quique Sánchez Flores.

The Spanish U21 international goalkeeper had caught the eye of Pochettino and goalkeeping coach Toni Jimenez when the duo were at Espanyol and now all three are back together at Tottenham, after Lopez switched on a season-long loan move in August, with a permanent transfer option believed to be part of the deal.

However, the Spaniard has not appeared once for the first team, having only appeared competitively for Spurs' Premier League 2 development side. One school of thought was that he would take over from Vorm as the number two next season, but today's new two-year deal for the Dutchman appears to have scuppered that.

When asked whether the new deals dished out to Lloris and Vorm this week would have a bearing on whether Lopez's deal was made permanent, Pochettino hinted that the Spaniard was one for Tottenham's 'present and future'.

"It's nothing to do with Pau. The three keepers are in different situations, different positions, different levels," he said. "Pau is more for the present and future and the new deals have nothing to do with him."

Read more at http://www.hertfordshiremercury.co....0007058-detail/story.html#xfslxAxhL1OpWr2t.99

9. conor1

conor1 Well-Known Member Founding Member

Absolutely. Pundits reckon this league is over but its far from it. I hope we look these fuckers in the eye and say not today ye bastards.

pochettino is building something here no doubt. Signing Vorm to an extension and him being happy to do so speaks volumes given he probably knows he'll not get much game time.

• Agree Agree x 1
    10. Style And Glory

Style And Glory Player in Training.

Spot the difference?

There's this:

upload_2016-12-23_10-4-30.jpeg

Then there are these:

[​IMG]

upload_2016-12-23_10-1-56.jpeg

upload_2016-12-23_10-2-21.jpeg

upload_2016-12-23_10-2-40.jpeg

[​IMG]

First IX = MP with tie

Then again:

[​IMG]

Why wouldn't he wear a tie to sign himself

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 2
    11. Ted the Yid

Ted the Yid Well-Known Member Founding Member

12. skiathospurs

pri-mani mate its where they all shop;)

• Like Like x 1
    13. Thfcire

Thfcire Well-Known Member Founding Member

I'm alright with this I think vorm is a very underrated keeper

14. Style And Glory

Style And Glory Player in Training.

I think he is one of, if not, the best backup keepers around.

Glad he's willing to stay instead of accepting a starting spot elsewhere (& being signed with a tie ;))

15. Don Diaz

Don Diaz Zero tolerance of Numpty's Founding Member

Yes I'm glad as well although I don't really understand why as a decent professional footballer you wouldn't want to play every week. Perhaps he actually isn't better than the likes of Boruc, Steklenberg, Gomes, whilst it's to our benefit, personally I'd want to play and could easily muddle through on about £15k a week.....

16. Thfcire

Carlo was the same all through his career and he did ok

17. Don Diaz

Don Diaz Zero tolerance of Numpty's Founding Member

Yeah he did well financially and played a few games but I wonder why as good goalkeepers they don't want to play every week.....Carlo had his motorbike I guess!!

18. Ted the Yid

Ted the Yid Well-Known Member Founding Member

It is kind of odd but can't deny I'm pleased he's happy to stay here. His performances this season for us have been extremely decent when he's stepped up to replace Hugo.

• Agree Agree x 2
    19. Thfcire

Well he knows Hugo gets injuries he's playing for an extended run ,goalkeepers are a funny lot probily sees no disgrace to playing second fiddle to probily best keeper in Europe .we had a similar thing with Ireland and shay given he turned up for Every match including friendlies demanding to play we lost aload of keepers with the hump.vorm will learn things daily from Hugo that will improve him and with keepers playing longer he's loads of time