By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Newcastle United - H (PL) 20:00 Wed 9th May 2018

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
num4.png
num5.png

Premiership Meetings
Tottenham Hotspur have faced Newcastle United in 45 previous Premier League matches.

num1.png
num8.png

Tottenham Hotspur Wins
Tottenham Hotspur won 18 of the 45 games played previously against Newcastle United in the Premier League, a 40% success rate.

num2.png
num1.png

Newcastle United Wins
Newcastle United won 21 of the 45 games played previously against Tottenham Hotspur in the Premier League, a 46.66% success rate

num6.png

Drawn Games
Tottenham Hotspur and Newcastle United have drawn 13.33%, 6 of their 45 Premier League games.

num5.png

Highest Tottenham Hotspur win margin
The highest winning margin achieved by Tottenham Hotspur over Newcastle United in a Premier League game was 5, last scored in the game played on Saturday, 11 February 2012, the final score was Tottenham Hotspur 5 , Newcastle United 0.

num6.png

Highest Newcastle United win margin
The highest winning margin achieved by Newcastle United over Tottenham Hotspur in the Premiership was 6, last scored in the game played on Saturday, 28 December 1996, the final score was 7-1

So this is very simple. We need to win 2 football matches, both at Wembley, against opposition that are safe in mid table. Easy eh? well lets fucking hope so, because right now our lads look like they've either a) hit a wall b) saving themselves for the World Cup c) lost their mojo d) aren't fit or e) all of the above.

Newcastle have been horrible opposition over the years and we've concede some poor goals against them including 6-1 and 7-1 defeats a few years ago. On balance we've also won 4-0 and 5-0 more recently, but this will not be an easy match. It's been a great season, or it will be a great season with some notable wins, if we win this and then the next. Just go and do it, no pissing about, sideways and back, no, incisive and forward. It's not like they've got Foster in goal is it?

COYS

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Team News:

Serge Aurier (hamstring)
Being assessed to see if he can be available for Sunday’s match against Leicester City.

Mousa Dembele (ankle)
Continuing rehab and will continue to be monitored ahead of Sunday.

Eric Dier (illness)
Missed training today (Tuesday) and is out of tomorrow's match against Newcastle United.

Harry Winks (ankle)
Rehab continues, will not be available for our final two games of the season.

Jan Vertonghen is available for selection after limping off at West Bromwich Albion on Saturday.

“Jan is okay. He’s trained well and he’s fit for tomorrow,” confirmed Mauricio Pochettino after training today.

“With Eric, it’s normal that he needs a minimum of 48 hours to recover to be available for training. We hope he’ll be available for the weekend.”

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
YEP was at that horrible 7-1 AWAY! FUCKING AWAY. So I am owed something, please lads just destroy them and let's all move on to the last.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Just. Friggin. Win. Seems so simple. Play son from the start and get at them. If Jan is really okay I would be tempted to play him and Toby together again. Dier out makes Wanyama a must. Sounds blasphemous, but I would rather start Kane on the bench if we need a goal late. Something with him is amiss. Oh, and just friggin win.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
No Dier AND No Dembele, does that equal Sissoko, against his old club, with his shooting boots on and aggressive running style....???

Or three at the back?

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
No Dier AND No Dembele, does that equal Sissoko, against his old club, with his shooting boots on and aggressive running style....???

Or three at the back?

I really hope no Sissoko, even against his former club. I would be fine with Eriksen and Wanyama in midfield, with Alli, Son, Moura and Kane up top. Two home games against teams with nothing to play for, and us having everything to play for. How we respond will be very telling.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Assuming Newcastle come and play, then 3 at the back to keep the door shut, should result in a few goals at the other end.

I think 3-1 to us, maybe 4-1.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
If we don't get 3rd or 4th place from here then we will have bottled it...plain and simple. A win and a draw is what we need. I'd rather that win be tomorrow.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Must win... 1st of the season. Leicester will do everything in their power to screw us next weekend so we need to win this!!

Unfortunately I had a quick look at the stadium. Looks empty so support will be lacking tonight.. Apart from @Don Diaz and Co obviously.

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
If we don't get 3rd or 4th place from here then we will have bottled it...plain and simple. A win and a draw is what we need. I'd rather that win be tomorrow.

Not mathematically....we need to win both games

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Not mathematically....we need to win both games

True, but they can't possibly make up the goal differential. They would need to score at least 5 goals in both matches. Not impossible, but extremely remote with us getting a win and a draw. Having said that, let's win both and not have to worry about that!

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
True, but they can't possibly make up the goal differential. They would need to score at least 5 goals in both matches. Not impossible, but extremely remote with us getting a win and a draw. Having said that, let's win both and not have to worry about that!

Exactly lets finish 3rd with out gd

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Just win, don't care how, who with or by how many, just win.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I really hope the players aren't as nervous as I am about this game.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Please please just one tiny request don’t play with a high defensive line, they have in Gayle, Perez and Kenedy to exploit it....

We have the players to win this easily but a ball over the top from Shelvey and a goal + 70 minutes of parking the bus would kill me.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
I really hope the players aren't as nervous as I am about this game.

Starting Sissoko will do that to a fella. I could literally throw up I'm so nervous. Hopefully our boys are flying. Nothing to save it for. COME ON YOU SPURS!

D

Dogger

Player in Training.
What is going on??? Slooooow, sloooooow. Wanyama, Sissoko and Ali are in slow motion. Newcastle are quite happy to sit and watch us casually pass backwards and sideways all night. We a bit of speed to break them down......bring on Lucas please.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Well that first half was... er... well... er it was shit wasn't it. Total dog shit in fact. Really some of these are on the beach and the others are worrying about the WC surely. I think Poch probably needs to stick one on someone. Simply not good enough and Sissoko, I'd rather play with 10 than have him out there, he's worse than useless.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
We need to do Sissoko to lamela/moura right now. Drop Eriksen in the middle. That'll settle Vertonghen who is trying to bypass wanyama/sissoko. Give us quick thinking in the middle and give us 4 upfront which we currently don't have with Eriksen sitting between the midfield cause he knows they are gonna pass sideways.

Pochettino needs to sort this out cause he is doing my head in here. Even more so cause I love him.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
and we get away with it, again. One more game to sit through and we can all have a nice break. No way Harry is getting the golden boot, that ankle is stuffed.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Now we know why Rose isn't a striker. Professional second half, which was a nice change from what we usually do. Played like men. Big step, even if it wasn't pretty.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Omg i’m so happy! Love you Harry and Huddersfield, I love you too!