By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

NLD (H) - PL 15 Jan 2023

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Overrun in midfield. Sarr was our best player, Sonny needs a spell on the bench

Crowd were great although they sang more about Partey being a rapist and less about Spurs

C

Cavman

Player in Training.
Ben White looks like he should be giving hand jobs for meth at a Florida truck stop.
That's the funniest, yet most accurate statement I've ever read, apart from some of my promotion citations, where I didn't give out handjobs or sell meth by the way!

C

Cavman

Player in Training.
But, our two best chances in the first half were from Sessignon. The thing that fucks me off totally is we are a different side in the second half., It,s like Cunte says ' fuck it, forget the dumb tactics and play football'. We have the players, no doubt, but I don't think we have the right management. Anyway, fuck the scum, I hate them as much now as I did when I was alive back in the olden days.
Here, fucking here!

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
Much better in the 2nd half but the damage had already been done. If United beat Palace on Wednesday and we invariably lose to City on Thursday, we'll be 8 points off the top 4, having played a game more, and potentially in danger of falling as low as 7th should other results go a certain way.

Will that be enough for Levy to say enough is enough ?

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Oh well at least it was only two goals - and you'll be relieved to know that I managed to nuke my dinner at half time, I have drunk a bit more beer than usual, luckily that predictive text bollox makes me seem totally sober, if Mrs D phones now I'll probably not hear the phone. The youngest son sent me a text at half time, he's a fucking goon, thinks he's so clever, but he will find out like the others, when I peg it, all my wedge is going to a kiddy hospice, they get fuck all.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Much better in the 2nd half but the damage had already been done. If United beat Palace on Wednesday and we invariably lose to City on Thursday, we'll be 8 points off the top 4, having played a game more, and potentially in danger of falling as low as 7th should other results go a certain way.

Will that be enough for Levy to say enough is enough ?
Nope.

C

Cavman

Player in Training.
Odegaard in particular was magnificent in the first half. Didn’t help that we just gave him the run of the pitch with how we set up, but there you go.
We've flattered to deceive for years now when it comes to the league but it's all getting a bit old. Something needs to happen now and it should start with making our defence solid, which it isn't!!

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Fucking embarrassing and there is no positive spin that can be put on us as a club right now.

Kane should see out his contract and leave with our blessing. He won’t win anything here and Conte no longer bothers to set us up to actually score goals.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

You're probably right but it could all come down to money again. If Levy thinks the Top 4 can still be achieved then I don't doubt he won't hesitate to pull the trigger.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

Player in Training.
Duck off sess
Fuck off Hugo
Fuck off
Re: Hugo

Over the years, I've been a big supporter of his. He's made numerous incredible saves that would have been sure goals on other keepers.
BUT...
...the howlers are becoming more & more frequent. Add to that his weakness' with the ball at his feet & his overall distribution & we're lacking big time in our back end.

Any confidence we may have had heading into today's match quickly evaporated with Hugo's wobble early on. It lead to their first big chance & then the goal.

I don't know what he's like in the dressing room but we need much better performances from someone with the captain's armband.

Not saying it's all his fault as we were set up poorly, our midfield got overrun, & service upfront was sparse. BTW, Son needs to sit again.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Things that will happen when watching Spurs:
  1. Spurs will create nothing for at least 45 minutes.
  2. Harry Kane will feed off long balls that are usually the result of panicked defending.
  3. No Spurs player will score for at least 45 minutes.
  4. Djed Spence will not play.
  5. Emerson Royal will play.
  6. Son will work hard and achieve nothing for the whole game.
  7. Conté will rant and rave on the sidelines like a lunatic trying to micromanage every kick of the game.
  8. Hugo Lloris will make a mistake.
  9. Spurs will line up with no creative players in midfield and thus create nothing.
  10. With 10-15 minutes left we will make like for like substitutions that fail to alter the game in any practical way.
  11. You will, overall, be bored.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
So would I...
He's clearly a stubborn proud coach that will keep flogging a dead horse to prove his way is right, which it isn't.
We've got City on Thursday night then Fulham away the following Monday. If they don't go according to plan, I think Levy has to pull the plug. I really hope he does because despite the best strike partnership in the PL, he's producing utter shite in terms of entertainment and ultimately results.
That was a north London Derby today against our biggest rivals, yet the first half performance was like a pre season friendly at Leyton Orient.
Second half was better but it was the usual story of too little too late.
Enough Antonio.
Arrivederci.

NiceOneCyril

NiceOneCyril

Player in Training.
I think Conte would be delighted to get sacked.
I’m sure it’s what he’s angling for now.

Whatever. He was always the diametric opposite of what would work with the ENIC MO. And since we can’t get rid of them, doesn’t it make sense to work within their parameters?

This could be a seismic month. If Kane scores two before the end of the month, he might think he has achieved all he can with us. He could be with United or Newcastle by February with a better chance of beating Shearer’s PL scoring record. And maybe that’s the best thing for us. Bin Conte, cash in on Kane and start again…

Ryan Mason, your moment has arrived…

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
If you look at our squad, it's a fucking joke.

Patrici is in charge of finding players... Granted, he found Bentancur and Kulu. How long has he been here though? Why haven't we addressed the other glaring deficiencies in the squad? Why are we not buying up young starlets of the future?

The 3 managers in 9 months shit has seriously rocked the club imo and that is one man's fault.

Levy.

For getting in a mamger (that cunt) who he was never going to give what he wanted, going cheap with Nuno who he never had any intention of backing, and again, hiring Conté, who he simply can't stomach backing.

(All of the above still probably being paid their salaries btw).

It's come crashing down yet again, at the feet of Levy, FOR NOT BACKING A MANAGER.

Look at how our rivals are spending money to keep pace or improve. You telling me we don't have the money to compete in the transfer market? Bullshit...!

You can't keep overachieving and that is what we have done for the last 3 years, at least.

You can't keep relying on one or two players being fucking brilliant week in and week out to drag your arses out of the fire and paper over the chasm of deficiencies that are plain to see.

You can't keep churning out tired, boring football, that fails to entertain on any level and expect CUSTOMERS to be happy with their purchase.

We've been here so many times before though so me ranting and raving about Jol, Redknap, Poch, That Cunt, folded arms guy, or the current fall guy doesn't matter.

My voice is irrelevant to the THFC overlord because he can fill his stadium with tourists who come for the spectical and continue to buy shirts and scarves and Spurs branded oven gloves amongst other landfill, on such a scale that my fanatical view about supporting this team, means fuck all against the ringing of the tills, the thud of the cheques dropping through the front door from TV rights deals and all the concerts, shows, boxing, craft beers and conventions that keeps the Dark Lord comfortable in super yachts.

Spurs are not a football club anymore. Spurs are a business.

We are not Spurs fans anymore. We are just customers.

I don't want to be and haven't spent a penny on Spurs for maybe a decade as I refuse to keep funding the super yacht twins.

Real fans have been priced out of the stadium by the cheese room customers.There are not enough fans left who can mount a loud enough discerning voice to effect any meaningful change.

We are done until we are sold to some other global corporation who sees an angle for profit in us. And that's all it will be. Profitability of their investment.

I don't want any part of the sports washing to happen at our club, but let's face it... they're the only fuckers who can afford what Levy and Lewis value the club at...

We're stuck in this cycle guys/gals and the only way out is painful.

You have to walk away. You have to suck it the fuck in and walk away from something you love, and not look back.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I was there yesterday and have the following observations. Arsenal were better in every area, quicker, worked harder, were better organised, more incisive and played with confidence and balance. They had an 'out' ball every time to a player in space, whereas we played sideways and backwards. There are not many excuses for some of this - such as worked harder, we were at home and couldn't get near them.

I'm 'surprised' that for the 18th game in a row we were overrun in midfield, Conte rested many this week and is a world class manager, why can he not see what the rest of the world can? Perhaps at least try a change 4-3-1-2 maybe, our free flowing goal scoring formation under Poch?

Craig Pawson is a biased referee.

Our support after they scored could have been better.

If we swapped the goalkeepers over we would have won. If @Cryptkeeper had started the thread we would have won.

Conte & Levy need to make a decision, stay and get backing or leave and spend on the new manager's players. I would also be surprised if Kane (who will have broken Greaves record by then) is at WHL next season.

I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed.

LEVYOUT

C

Cavman

Player in Training.
I was there yesterday and have the following observations. Arsenal were better in every area, quicker, worked harder, were better organised, more incisive and played with confidence and balance. They had an 'out' ball every time to a player in space, whereas we played sideways and backwards. There are not many excuses for some of this - such as worked harder, we were at home and couldn't get near them.

I'm 'surprised' that for the 18th game in a row we were overrun in midfield, Conte rested many this week and is a world class manager, why can he not see what the rest of the world can? Perhaps at least try a change 4-3-1-2 maybe, our free flowing goal scoring formation under Poch?

Craig Pawson is a biased referee.

Our support after they scored could have been better.

If we swapped the goalkeepers over we would have won. If @Cryptkeeper had started the thread we would have won.

Conte & Levy need to make a decision, stay and get backing or leave and spend on the new manager's players. I would also be surprised if Kane (who will have broken Greaves record by then) is at WHL next season.

I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed.

LEVYOUT
I agree with you on most aspects, especially your last line. I watch the team with a dread of what might come about and no confidence in the future!

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Very good article here, harsh but fair?
Excellent, excellent article and I think this part really hits the nail on the head.

But when a coach’s commitment to the club feels so conditional, why should anybody else sweat and bleed for it? Conte is not wedded to this project as Pep Guardiola is to Manchester City or Jürgen Klopp to Liverpool. He does not empathise with Tottenham as Mikel Arteta does with Arsenal or Gareth Ainsworth with Wycombe. This is a job, and a strictly limited-term job at that, a job to keep him going until something better comes along. His priority, career-wise, is simply not to mess up. Grasp that, and everything you see on the pitch makes a little more sense.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
If you look at our squad, it's a fucking joke.

Patrici is in charge of finding players... Granted, he found Bentancur and Kulu. How long has he been here though? Why haven't we addressed the other glaring deficiencies in the squad? Why are we not buying up young starlets of the future?

The 3 managers in 9 months shit has seriously rocked the club imo and that is one man's fault.

Levy.

For getting in a mamger (that cunt) who he was never going to give what he wanted, going cheap with Nuno who he never had any intention of backing, and again, hiring Conté, who he simply can't stomach backing.

(All of the above still probably being paid their salaries btw).

It's come crashing down yet again, at the feet of Levy, FOR NOT BACKING A MANAGER.

Look at how our rivals are spending money to keep pace or improve. You telling me we don't have the money to compete in the transfer market? Bullshit...!

You can't keep overachieving and that is what we have done for the last 3 years, at least.

You can't keep relying on one or two players being fucking brilliant week in and week out to drag your arses out of the fire and paper over the chasm of deficiencies that are plain to see.

You can't keep churning out tired, boring football, that fails to entertain on any level and expect CUSTOMERS to be happy with their purchase.

We've been here so many times before though so me ranting and raving about Jol, Redknap, Poch, That Cunt, folded arms guy, or the current fall guy doesn't matter.

My voice is irrelevant to the THFC overlord because he can fill his stadium with tourists who come for the spectical and continue to buy shirts and scarves and Spurs branded oven gloves amongst other landfill, on such a scale that my fanatical view about supporting this team, means fuck all against the ringing of the tills, the thud of the cheques dropping through the front door from TV rights deals and all the concerts, shows, boxing, craft beers and conventions that keeps the Dark Lord comfortable in super yachts.

Spurs are not a football club anymore. Spurs are a business.

We are not Spurs fans anymore. We are just customers.

I don't want to be and haven't spent a penny on Spurs for maybe a decade as I refuse to keep funding the super yacht twins.

Real fans have been priced out of the stadium by the cheese room customers.There are not enough fans left who can mount a loud enough discerning voice to effect any meaningful change.

We are done until we are sold to some other global corporation who sees an angle for profit in us. And that's all it will be. Profitability of their investment.

I don't want any part of the sports washing to happen at our club, but let's face it... they're the only fuckers who can afford what Levy and Lewis value the club at...

We're stuck in this cycle guys/gals and the only way out is painful.

You have to walk away. You have to suck it the fuck in and walk away from something you love, and not look back.

Great post.

I went to the Villa game on New Year’s Day, my first look at the new stadium. I made the mistake of going into the shop before the match and what you are saying is 100% bang on. The shop was more or less a rugby scrum with lemmings falling over each other to buy the latest “Spurs” iPhone case, shirt or paper muffin cups. It’s fucking obscene what Levy has done.

It’s offensive. And it’s not football.