By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Other Sports - Bikes

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Don't know if amongst our small but beautifully group there is any interest in bikes, with and without engines, but the Tour de France started at the weekend and I like it, especially as it's now mostly free from drugs. Proper tough blokes riding up steep hills...and also there's a lot of good stuff going on with bikes with engines if you're into World Superbikes, MotoGP and British Superbikes....a load more blokes with big cajones, that don't quite have to work as hard as those going uphill in France.

Might be just me?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
So its not about easy women then?

"walks out disappointed".........

I agree with a bit of exercise and understand this whole cycling malarky,but lycra??really and going out all full kit wanker whats that about??We`ve got a couple of proper ocean touring kayaks (my cunning plan was to do a lot of fishing from it and some me time!!,til the missus thought it was a good idea to get one herself........)so thats my hobby/exercise.

Flump

Flump

Founding Member
I'm always up for a bit of swingball. Are we allowed to mention egg chasing or will that need it's own thread?

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
So its not about easy women then?

"walks out disappointed".........

I agree with a bit of exercise and understand this whole cycling malarky,but lycra??really and going out all full kit wanker whats that about??We`ve got a couple of proper ocean touring kayaks (my cunning plan was to do a lot of fishing from it and some me time!!,til the missus thought it was a good idea to get one herself........)so thats my hobby/exercise.
I don't do the lycra thing or even attempt hills on a push bike, strictly admiration from a comfy sofa with a beer as the nutters go up the Alps....I'm good with an engine though, a few track days and a bit of touring - Pyrenees this year.

Shame about Rossi losing it in Assen, he'd have been OK if he was in a kayak.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
ClLVIVZUoAAJaDM.jpg
CjKXmigWkAEpcrh.jpg

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I spent 2 grand on a carbon racer...

Got in the London marathon every year since so have done next to fcuk all miles on it.

Did a couple of triathlons a few bike events and hung washing on the cnut in between.

I love a spin out at a steady pace when the sun is out tho

conor1

conor1

Founding Member
addicted to the cycling now. Cycling round Lough Neagh on Saturday 79miles.
And yes, I have to tell you I'm a full kit wnaker, lycra et al. Arse like a baboon tho and the knackers are black and blue

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Mate iv gotta get a proper bike fit done.

You had one? 100 notes for a decent set up round here but my lycra clad pals swear by them.

I'm 100 kilo so a set up is vital.

Also my balls over 40 miles got completely numb. Corey, bollox, gPoch, arse hold the fcuring works 100% dead.

I think it's part of the reason why I need a proper set up done.

Great stuff with yur fund raising Bro, keep it up.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
addicted to the cycling now. Cycling round Lough Neagh on Saturday 79miles.
And yes, I have to tell you I'm a full kit wnaker, lycra et al. Arse like a baboon tho and the knackers are black and blue
Put the saddle back on weirdo :D

conor1

conor1

Founding Member
Mate iv gotta get a proper bike fit done.

You had one? 100 notes for a decent set up round here but my lycra clad pals swear by them.

I'm 100 kilo so a set up is vital.

Also my balls over 40 miles got completely numb. Corey, bollox, gPoch, arse hold the fcuring works 100% dead.

I think it's part of the reason why I need a proper set up done.

Great stuff with yur fund raising Bro, keep it up.
Cheers mate.
Tbh, bought a 2nd hand racer on gumtree to get me round the lough but will be upgrading after Saturday. Totally sold on it now mate, feel bad if I don't get out with the lads. I think if I'm going to spunk a bit of dough on a good bike I'll get one of those bike fits done. Lower back has been a bit sore recently, reckon I could do with a proper fit out. As @skiathospurs says, I should probably just put a saddle on. lol.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Cycling has gone nuts in the past 10 years hasn't it..........Haven't got the bug myself, bikes with engines work fine for me.

Mark Cavendish won his 28th stage of the Tour de France yesterday...now joint second in the overall history of the event behind Eddie Mercx.

Keep an eye on your tackle fella's...numb isn't good.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Not sure if everyone knows that @conor1 is doing this charity cancer cycle ride this weekend...he's got a justgiving page - contribute if you can...it's a great cause.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Close.................My retreat down in the Dordogne ;)
Very nice...Watch out for the Tour de France tomorrow, they finished in Limoges today...heading for the Pyrenees.....I'm heading there on something like this in September
Fireblade.JPG

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Got to say... that looks fantastic.
Its good cos its all arms and upper body exercise,and is a beautiful way to travel.Unlike cycling I can end up with half a dozen,tuna,barracuda or snappers too if I am lucky!!Ah and the dolphins,normally I would say fantastic to see them so close up,but see dolphins and forget catching any fish!!

Nundy

Nundy

Founding Member
With or without a engine. NOT A SPORT :) or a real one any ways :)

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Two big days in the Pyrenees, today and tomorrow for the Tour de France boys. They are on the roads that I'm riding in September on my old Triumph Tiger....so watching with interest in case I've picked a dodgy route....bet I'm quicker than them with a 955i engine under my arse ha ha

conor1

conor1

Founding Member
Two big days in the Pyrenees, today and tomorrow for the Tour de France boys. They are on the roads that I'm riding in September on my old Triumph Tiger....so watching with interest in case I've picked a dodgy route....bet I'm quicker than them with a 955i engine under my arse ha ha
Froome has it nailed now mate imo. Did you see the state of him on his descent. Holy fuck, the man is a maniac. Apparently 45mph with just a bloody helmet on