By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Red Star Belgrade CL (H) Tues 22 oct 2019 20.00

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Well I decided it wasnt my threads that bring bad luck,its just we are pants at the moment!!

These must win games just keep on coming,sooner or later we have to win one eh??I guess in a normal season we would rest a few before travelling to Liverpool next weekend,I guess we may not do that on the run we are on?a decent win here will go a long way to getting out of the group stage,at worst guarantee european football of some sort in february.Maybe red star will fancy their chances an not park the bus?unless we gift them an early goal,which has become quite the habit!!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Well I decided it wasnt my threads that bring bad luck,its just we are pants at the moment!!

These must win games just keep on coming,sooner or later we have to win one eh??I guess in a normal season we would rest a few before travelling to Liverpool next weekend,I guess we may not do that on the run we are on?a decent win here will go a long way to getting out of the group stage,at worst guarantee european football of some sort in february.Maybe red star will fancy their chances an not park the bus?unless we gift them an early goal,which has become quite the habit!!
Pick the best team, and the right formation eh? That would be a good start. Just in case Sir Poch doesn’t know what it it I’ll help him.....

Gazza
KWP Toby Jan Rose
Sissoko N’Dombele
Son Dele Lamela
Kane

3-1 Spurs. I’m going

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Oh shit more football.... the one thing were not very good at...!!!

If this was the Tuesday night "beer selling" championship, or the "who's got the longest bar" competition we would definitely stand a chance at walking away with something.

I'm unable to give anything constructive and know I sound like I'm on the blob at the minute with regard Spurs...

I can see us winning, but I obviously hope we do.

COYS.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Look, I know we're not playing very well for just about the first time in 5 years, but it's still a very long way from being a disaster (at the moment). As recently as 10 years ago we finished 8th, behind the likes of Aston Villa and Fulham and had no European football. Before that it was generally even worse. We are the only club along with Billionnaire City that has qualified for the CL every year for the last 5 years and last year we reached the final which the likes of City have never done. So let's not knee-jerk yet and suggest that everything has turned to shit because it hasn't. We might have lost our way a bit, something might have or might not have happened behind the scenes we don't know. The acid test will be what happens over the next 2- 3 months. We need the new players fit and bedded in, we need some consistency in team selection and the right shape from Sir Poch.

Biggest problem as I see it is those last two things and creating real chances. On saturday we had 70+ % possession and created 2 shots on target. There's the problem. fix that and we'll be fine. COYS

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Look, I know we're not playing very well for just about the first time in 5 years, but it's still a very long way from being a disaster (at the moment). As recently as 10 years ago we finished 8th, behind the likes of Aston Villa and Fulham and had no European football. Before that it was generally even worse. We are the only club along with Billionnaire City that has qualified for the CL every year for the last 5 years and last year we reached the final which the likes of City have never done. So let's not knee-jerk yet and suggest that everything has turned to shit because it hasn't. We might have lost our way a bit, something might have or might not have happened behind the scenes we don't know. The acid test will be what happens over the next 2- 3 months. We need the new players fit and bedded in, we need some consistency in team selection and the right shape from Sir Poch.

Biggest problem as I see it is those last two things and creating real chances. On saturday we had 70+ % possession and created 2 shots on target. There's the problem. fix that and we'll be fine. COYS
You may well be right, but we have lost the momentum and getting that back is really difficult. We still have two chances of achieving a successful season, the Champions League and the FA Cup, win one or both of them and we will all be happy bunnies.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Only Hugo injured.
https://twitter.com/AlasdairGold

As Pochettino left the press conference room
@Dan_KP
asked him if Lo Celso or Sessegnon would be involved tomorrow. He said one would, the other wouldn't. I presume Lo Celso, having actually played football this season, will be the one involved.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Only Hugo injured.
https://twitter.com/AlasdairGold

As Pochettino left the press conference room
@Dan_KP
asked him if Lo Celso or Sessegnon would be involved tomorrow. He said one would, the other wouldn't. I presume Lo Celso, having actually played football this season, will be the one involved.

With our luck in will be Sessegnon and he'll be awful. But I have to think we will find a way to win this match. We might desperately need the extra cash from reaching the knockout rounds if we don't to finish top 4 this year.

Last edited:
skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Blimey,its like a thursday night attendance

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
'Build it and they will come' they said. Well they will if there's something reasonably decent to watch. I'm going because it's in my blood, but I understand those who aren't. Maybe they'll give me 20 loyalty points eh? No thought not.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
All i have to say is don't play a 4-3-3. Or a diamond midfield. None of that. We are best in a 4-2-3-1, especially at home. We don't have the creative midfielders for a 4-3-3, nor the speed. And there is no need to play a 3-4-3 in this match (or whatever we call 3 at the back these days). Heck, I am almost tempted to sit Kane in this one just to shake things up. Actually, why not? Season is already down the tubes. Maybe this would jumpstart it. Something like:

-----------------Lloris-----------------
KWP-----Toby---------Jan------Davies
---------Ndombele---Winks---------
Moura---------Lamela---------Eriksen
------------------Son------------------

Of course if Poch does this and we lose I reserve the right to scream for his/Levy's firing.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Kids are 3-0 up after half hour btsport2 if you want a warm up.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
EHgDT7RWwAAn37G

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
So it begins,rose&toby dont even make the bench where you`ll find eriksen.

Unless OFC he has one eye on liverpool???

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
I am starting to think that maybe Poch doesn't rate Kyle Walkers-Peters that much. Not sure what a player could do to be behind Aurier right now. Is he kicking the ball into his own net all day in training?

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Best 15 mins of football for 8 months...

COYFS.....

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Lovely old job at half time...

Stopped the intensity after 20.mins, but still did more than enough to keep competing.

Another 20 mins and well blow them away

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Watching this with the Vancouver chapter of the Spurs international supporters groups (have ticked off Dublin, NY and now Vancouver) and there are about 20 hardy souls here. Not bad for a midday kickoff on a workday.

Anyway, we needed goals and we have them but we also need to put 5 or 6 past them and not rack it in the 2nd half. This Red Star mob are not much chop and a confidence booster is imperative.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Fucking goals. Lots of goals.

Lovely direct football. 20 minutes of Lo Celso would cap this off nicely.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Oh, and both Sissoko and Lamela start every possible game for mine. Yes, they have their faults but both guys at least look like they genuinely give a shit.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member

I can't believe how easily we're playing through their midfield three. Good shout about GLC, I'd forgotten he was on the bench for this one..

Yid

Yid

Founding Member

You get 10 mins....

They've been shite, but so are Watford...

Diferent approach to the game today and I have to say Toby and Streaky have not been missed. Maybe weve found our negative dressing room influences.

Serge has managed to spend nearly 90 mins on a football field without being a complete fucking liability.

I'd like to see us finish this strong for the last 10 mins and grab another goal or two.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Oh and why the fuck doesnt the Balon D'or nominee Son have a song...!!!