By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Rodrigo Bentancur

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
.. has allegedly done his cruciates. 6-8 months out. Fuck.

Nothing official from the club yet though, to be fair.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Well this is as good as official I suppose. Fuck.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Poor cunt... that could be the end of him...

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Yep. May well never be the same player again sadly.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Yep. May well never be the same player again sadly.
They get seriously great care now and we've got players still playing with synthetic Acl/Pcl's, but the risk is that its such an important stabilising ligament in football that some players just don't ever get it back 100%.

Shame for him. Great for Skippy.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member

Isco, Danny Rose, Tom Carroll and Pato should see us through the season 🤣🤣🤣🤣

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Guys, it’s an ACL, not a compound fracture. He’ll be back as good as ever. They fix these things pretty routinely these days.

But I’d argue that it’s a 12 month injury so I doubt we’ll see him before Christmas.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

It certainly leaves a question mark over the creativity coming from midfield going forward. I don't have any issues with Skipp getting more game time because he was developing in to a fine CM before that came to a screeching halt under Conte.

With Sessegnon also going down to a long term injury, it also leaves the prospect of the 34 year old Perisic at LWB for every game as well.

I can't see Conte altering the formation to accomodate any of this either so I can imagine we'll potentially see Sanchez/Tanganga getting more games at CB so Davies can share LWB with Perisic and Skipp/Sarr/Hojbjerg sharing midfield duties.

If we hadn't let Gil go, he could have played in the front three with Kulusevski maybe dropping back to be the creativity in midfield.

Official confirmation from the club now as well.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Just addressing CM, Bissouma, Bentancour are out injured & I believe Højbjerg is suspended for our next CL match.
Who's left? Sarr? Skipp?

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
It certainly leaves a question mark over the creativity coming from midfield going forward. I don't have any issues with Skipp getting more game time because he was developing in to a fine CM before that came to a screeching halt under Conte.

He was developing well under Conte and then got that horrible injury. He found himself behind PEH, Bentancor and Bissouma.

I am hoping he sees this as a massive opportunity to stamp his mark an the CM role

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
It's a great opportunity for both Sarr and Skipp. It can't but help their careers regardless of their futures here. Plenty of time to impress.

Reactions: Yid
J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Guys, it’s an ACL, not a compound fracture. He’ll be back as good as ever. They fix these things pretty routinely these days.

But I’d argue that it’s a 12 month injury so I doubt we’ll see him before Christmas.
Yes, it's not the career-ender it once was, and you're right, the 6-7 month timeline for recovery would set some kind of record. There is an epidemic of these injuries here in the states, especially among young women.

All in all a real shame for the guy who is IMO our best player other than Harry. Hopefully Skipp can seize the opportunity this season and beyond. I think he can, and I very much like the look of Sarr.

NiceOneCyril

NiceOneCyril

Player in Training.
I guess that puts an end to any hope of a three-man midfield. Hope he's back sooner rather than later - we don't have many who are as fun to watch as him.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
gm0fktlycx8b1.png

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Talk he might be back mid-September which is good news.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Very bad news, for the club and the player, if true. Grain of salt and all that, but it's from the same Uruguayan journo who first reported he'd done his ACL.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Fucking hell. Poor sod out for almost a year after doing his cruciates and now this.

Cash will be a marked man after this which could be a problem, especially with the idiot element of the fanbase.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Those were two harsh tackles by Cash. Players need better protection from the ref against player's such as him.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Feel so badly for him (and us!). The refereeing has been atrocious this season. I think VAR has just done their heads in. Who would want to be a ref in this environment? Time to end VAR and let the refs call the game again.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

It's still not going to get any better in January because when we'll be getting players back from injury, we'll be losing more to their various international tournaments. It's likely going to be February when we're anywhere near full strength again.

HighValueMan

HighValueMan

Player in Training.
Ah it's a joke. No coincidence we lost a bit of control in the game after he went off too. I don't see how Romero's is a red and Cash's is a yellow. Cash didn't even play the ball and injured his opponent.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Ah it's a joke. No coincidence we lost a bit of control in the game after he went off too. I don't see how Romero's is a red and Cash's is a yellow. Cash didn't even play the ball and injured his opponent.
100% correct. Much like handball it’s impossible to really know what’s a sending off offense anymore. And I thought his injury was really the turning point in the game.