• To Dare is to do...
    1. Welcome to Proper Spursy the most authentic Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Forum, the home of the fallout crowd, you have to be awesome to be a member here. If you are awesome come and say hello.

Steve Hitchen

Discussion in 'Transfer Talk & ITK' started by skiathospurs, Feb 5, 2017.

1. skiathospurs

skiathospurs Well-Known Member Founding Member

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...uarez-and-luka-modric-as-head-of-recruitment/
      Spurs get hitched
      Tottenham to sign scout who spotted Luis Suarez and Luka Modric as Head of Recruitment

Steve Hitchen has been brought in by Daniel Levy for a second spell at Spurs to replace the outgoing Paul Mitchell
      Tottenham are bringing in super spy Steve Hitchen – the man who found Luka Modric and Luis Suarez – as their new head of recruitment.
      Hitchen is replacing Paul Mitchell in the prestige post as Daniel Levy’s chief talent spotter at White Hart Lane.
      Mitchell has been on his way out of the club for months after serving notice to quit while veteran Ian Broomfield has also left to leave a hole on the scouting front.
      Hitchen was behind Tottenham’s move for Modric in his first spell at the club before he followed mentor Damien Comolli to Liverpool.
      And Hitchen unearthed Uruguayan star Suarez in Holland before pushing him to Anfield where he became a legend.
      Both Modric and Suarez brought their clubs a fortune in the market when they were sold to Real Madrid and Barcelona respectively.

Hitchen's most recent role was joint-Director of Recruitment at Derby, with former Spurs Head of Player Identification Rob Mackenzie.

He joined the Rams in the summer from QPR, where he was head of European recruitment.

Prior to his original spell at Tottenham, he was based in France for a number of years which is where he struck up a connection with Comolli.

• Informative Informative x 1
    2. Don Diaz

Don Diaz Zero tolerance of Numpty's Founding Member

I don't know anything about scouting but I get the feeling that most scouts at the top of their game have all found at least one or two diamonds. It's almost law of averages....I'm not sure who scouted the magnificent 7 that we bought with the Bale money, only Eriksen remains, the others were OK just not for the top of the Premier League.

I'm reasonably sure this picture is repeated at other Premier League clubs, BUT the Leicester scouting team were hailed as heroes last season for finding Mahrez and Kante etc. They got great moves for I presume a lot of money, it's not looking so clever now.

So scouting, schmowting....I'm sure there s knowledge and experience involved, but given time and backing many decent scouts will find a gem sooner or later. I'd trust David Pleat most recently - Dele Alli, or whoever insisted on the likes of Alderweireld, Wanyama and Dier. That seems to have worked out alright?

Can't remember who was the last really poor signing to be honest.

Southampton, where Mitchell came from, and one of the best academies, have a whole Black box system, which is a great deal more than just scouting.

3. Thfcire

Thfcire Well-Known Member Founding Member

Da said he was a Cunt back in the day

• Funny Funny x 2
    4. skiathospurs

yeah but he said the same about you 100 times :D

• Funny Funny x 4
    5. Thfcire

That goes without saying mate lol ,I won't tell you he might be joining next week I'm still sick over it ffs

6. skiathospurs

actually am pretty unaware of this guy,think they get too many headlines,law of averages says any scout will find some diamonds amongst the shit they bring home.I give more kudos to guys who find 12-16yr old talent than finding a player at ajax,saints or sporting ratfish.

7. Thfcire

We've just signed a 15 year old called parrot on a five year best kid in Ireland by a mile beat city to him as well ,this kid will be a prem player 100%

• Like Like x 2
    8. skiathospurs

yeah i saw that other day.

9. Thfcire

Just been texting my old man says he's a Cunt but an ok Cunt,he covered France in my dads time there said he also worked for the dippers before derby .says he's a good bloke but nowhere near broomfields level

• Informative Informative x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    10. Thfcire

Where ???

11. skiathospurs

on twitter I think,was a young irish lad and a pic,I was gonna copy it to here but didnt.Wish I had now.mustve been the same kid?

• Funny Funny x 1
    12. Thfcire

Interesting they must see his protential as they've never announced any Irish kids signing

13. skiathospurs

probably fucking you said it lol

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    14. Thfcire

Nope I've only told one person someone with knowledge of the youth system

15. skiathospurs

Wasnt club from what i remember,sure of that,racking my head now to think who it was.

16. skiathospurs

Fucking bollox now I am gonna have to look thro 6 days of tweets to find the fucker!

• Funny Funny x 2
    17. Thfcire

Do it because I need to know now because I'm a nosey Cunt ,ohh btw if it's that windy kid fingerer I don't want to know

• Funny Funny x 1
    18. skiathospurs

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    19. Thfcire

• Funny Funny x 1
    20. skiathospurs

would you like a picture :D
      [​IMG]

21. skiathospurs

:p:p
      no mate I searched twitter tottenham ireland,I didnt fucking know his name was troy did I!! Mate I got a ridiculous memory,amazing considering i smoked more than bob marley and its suppossed to make you mental,phone numbers are the worst if i have to tap it in once or twice i just know it,i do all my banking,cards without looking i just know all the numbers.

• Funny Funny x 1
    22. Thfcire

I know you sent me a phone number hee hee

• Funny Funny x 1
    23. Don Diaz

how come you can cover the same point in 10 words that takes me 500....ha ha

• Funny Funny x 1
    24. skiathospurs

Lyall Thomas ‏@SkySportsLyall
      Sky sources: #Tottenham are set to appoint Steve Hitchen as chief scout to replace Ian Broomfield. Full story on way

Well done sky only an hour after it broke on a spurs forum,too busy humping pep&jose`s legs.

• Funny Funny x 1
    25. Thfcire

Dustin is fucked so lol

• Funny Funny x 2
    26. J.spurs

J.spurs Well-Known Member Founding Member

I saw it too, it was in one or two of the papers.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    27. Thfcire

Nice one bud pity they didn't fucking do it when players my old man sent over signed

• Like Like x 2
    28. skiathospurs

"Listen,do you wanna know a secret" :D:D
      http://www.football.london/tottenha...-news/spurs-beat-chelsea-next-robbie-12567111
      Spurs beat Chelsea to the next Robbie Keane as they snap up Irish teen sensation
      Have Tottenham made an important signing for the future in Irish youngster?
      Tottenham Hotspur have reportedly won the race to sign Ireland U15 striker Troy Parrott ahead of London rivals Chelsea.

The teenager, who plays for Dublin-based club Belvedere, has been attracting the attention of scouts from clubs across England with his goalscoring exploits in schoolboy football.
      The young striker netted his country's goal in a 5-1 defeat to the Netherlands last week and The Irish Sun claim that Spurs have agreed a summer move for the youngster.

He is certainly a finisher, hitting 31 goals for Belvedere last season with another 17 for the Dublin and District Schoolboys League combined team. He stepped up to net the winning penalty which helped the league lift the Kennedy Cup last season.Comparisons will inevitably be made with Ireland's record goalscoring Robbie Keane, who spent two spells at Spurs and also played in the DDSL, albeit for another another Dublin side - Crumlin United - as a youngster.
      Keane actually joined the Ireland U15s coach Damien Duff and head coach Jason Donohue for a session at Abbotstown before Parrott and the team flew off for their match against the Dutch.

"It was great to train with Robbie. He's achieved so much and I hope to do something similar, him and Damien Duff link up so well together and they still have so many skills in their locker," Parrott told the Belvedere website.

"It was kind of strange to have them actually playing in the session, there’s not too many lads our age who can say they’ve trained with those too."

29. Don Diaz

So whilst this is all potentially very good news concerning young Troy, was it Hitchen that found him or someone else??

30. skiathospurs

Someone else,Hitchen still hasnt been confirmed by the club yet.

• Agree Agree x 1