By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

The Cooking Thread, yes, cooking...

• Thread starter Motspur Hotspur
  • Start date
Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
In light of not being able to go up to the Lane and visit the Brown Eagle for some of their amazing goat curry I've decided that tonight will be brown eagle 'jafaican' curry night, I say jafaican, because I'm not from the West Indies and apart from my Levy Roots cook book this is a total leap of faith! I am totally faking it, bit like that tv series from the 00s...

Got some left over lamb from Sunday + juices and a bit of organic beef ready to go plus a jar of Dunns River All Purpose Seasoning, what can possibly go wrong. Get it cooking in it's own juices, add spices and herb - coriander etc - right well I'm off, I'll let you know how it goes...

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
In light of not being able to go up to the Lane and visit the Brown Eagle for some of their amazing goat curry I've decided that tonight will be brown eagle 'jafaican' curry night, I say jafaican, because I'm not from the West Indies and apart from my Levy Roots cook book this is a total leap of faith! I am totally faking it, bit like that tv series from the 00s...

Got some left over lamb from Sunday + juices and a bit of organic beef ready to go plus a jar of Dunns River All Purpose Seasoning, what can possibly go wrong. Get it cooking in it's own juices, add spices and herb - coriander etc - right well I'm off, I'll let you know how it goes...
Congrats mate, go for it and keep us posted. Just one thing..........coriander = devils food.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
An hour in and the house smells of marvellous lamb chugging away in it's own gravy, beef doesn't really smell as much so that's just in there but hey, you can eat it! Herbs chopped, Coriander, the king of herbs (stalks and all),carrot, some bell pepper and a bit of left over celery - basically bits I had left from other dinners. I haven't even got to the main spicey bit yet only the premixed meat and it smelling glorious...

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Maaaaan I'm hungry now...

I love a bit of cooking and if I don't do it, we don't eat... my Mrs is utter dog shit and has successfully ruined everything she has tried to cook.

Good luck bro, keep us posted.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Maaaaan I'm hungry now...

I love a bit of cooking and if I don't do it, we don't eat... my Mrs is utter dog shit and has successfully ruined everything she has tried to cook.

Good luck bro, keep us posted.
You mean .....Naaaaaaan!!! are you doing bread to go with it Al?

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
You mean .....Naaaaaaan!!! are you doing bread to go with it Al?
There was bread but I didn't make it, I can but couldn't be arsed. So, drum roll please...

It was good, could have been better (and I've cooked better) but the little one is a right little whinger where any form of spices are concerned so I played safe (mistake),the good news is there's loads left despite me trying to finish it all off in one sitting so tomorrow after it's had a day to mature I'll fire it back up and make it nuclear.

End result is a big, fat, full lockdown belly and a smug sense of satisfaction. Can't wait to get to the Brown Eagle for the real thing though!

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Great work mate and it'll 100% be better 2nd time round.

I made a teriyaki sauce tonight and ran it though a flaked side of salmon and some egg noodles...!!!

De-fucking-lish...!!!

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Fuck off you bunch of Celia’s...you’ll be discussing which wine should be served at room temperature next.
Oh and Piers Morgan can fuck off too.
🥂chin chin...what what
What was that? Cheese on toast for dinner tonight? ok ...:p