By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Tour de France

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Don't know how many are interested in this, I'm not even a cyclist but I love it and admire those that ride this 3 week race clean, which is now the vast majority.

Talking of which Chris Froome has had his case dropped this morning for an asthma treatment drug abuse. That's going to make all those who called him a cheat look a bit silly. he now holds the Tour of Spain, (La Vuelta) Tour of Italy (Giro d'Italia) and Tour de France titles. That's the Grand Slam of cycling and makes him a true legend in the sport.

I wonder why he hasn't been knighted, Wiggins was and despite Olympic medals, didn't reach Froome's achievements on the road. Anyway, good luck Chris and team SKY, let's beat up the French again, they can't handle it and fucking hate it. Ha ha

Tour de France starts Saturday, Geraint Thomas is also a strong contender.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
As an Aussie I am really hoping Richie Porte makes a statement this year and wins it. He's a class rider and outstanding climber who has his issues descending (last year's crash was truly horrific). He's good enough to win it but Froome is a freak so it is no easy task.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
As an Aussie I am really hoping Richie Porte makes a statement this year and wins it. He's a class rider and outstanding climber who has his issues descending (last year's crash was truly horrific). He's good enough to win it but Froome is a freak so it is no easy task.
He is, I like Porte and saw his crash in real time, horrendous. he's also a mate and ex team member of Froome's. I think SKY with Geraint Thomas and their climbers will be too strong, but you never know, there's about 6 who could win, but someone is going to need to spring a surprise somewhere, like Froome did in the Giro to upset the odds I think.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Ill grow into it... as i do every year...

Great summer of sport, especially as the jock has bottled Wimbledon...!!!

Flump

Flump

Founding Member
I like the Tour de France but generally I see cyclists as utter cunts. Had to shout at one today in fact, like most days. :D

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I like the Tour de France but generally I see cyclists as utter cunts. Had to shout at one today in fact, like most days. :D
Toure right, there’s an ever increasing middle aged minority that think they own the road. I love blasting past the wankers that ride two abreast in a group on my bike. My bikes got an engine ha ha.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
He is, I like Porte and saw his crash in real time, horrendous. he's also a mate and ex team member of Froome's. I think SKY with Geraint Thomas and their climbers will be too strong, but you never know, there's about 6 who could win, but someone is going to need to spring a surprise somewhere, like Froome did in the Giro to upset the odds I think.
Yes, that''s the thing. That SKY team is able to keep control of the race under any scenario and with Froome being almost the perfect all round rider it becomes almost impossible to beat him.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Yes, that''s the thing. That SKY team is able to keep control of the race under any scenario and with Froome being almost the perfect all round rider it becomes almost impossible to beat him.
Unless you’re Geraint Thomas. Great race this year and superb performance by ‘G’ humble , good bloke, just a shame he’s a gooner. Maybe he’ll grow out of it as he matures??

Bit of dodge behaviour from a minority of the French fans who now haven’t won their race for about 20 years. Try harder would be my advice.

Watch a young Colombian bloke called Egan Bernal in the future. He’s 2 and future champion.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Unless you’re Geraint Thomas. Great race this year and superb performance by ‘G’ humble , good bloke, just a shame he’s a gooner. Maybe he’ll grow out of it as he matures??

Bit of dodge behaviour from a minority of the French fans who now haven’t won their race for about 20 years. Try harder would be my advice.

Watch a young Colombian bloke called Egan Bernal in the future. He’s 2 and future champion.

Yep, and I fear now that Porte's chances of ever winning it are gone. Aside from his known issues in descending (he's probably the best pure climber but has no idea how to get back down a mountain),it seems that he struggles to avoid trouble. At 33 time is running out for him.

Latest posts

Associates

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DemiP