By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Please, just fuck off now Antonio...!!!

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member

Antonio said: “I am extremely happy to return to coaching, and to do so at a Premier League club that has the ambition to be a protagonist again.
“Tottenham Hotspur has state-of-the-art facilities and one of the best stadiums in the world.
“I can't wait to start working to convey to the team and the fans the passion, mentality and determination that have always distinguished me, as a player and as a coach.
“Last summer our union did not happen because the end of my relationship with Inter was still too recent and emotionally too involved with the end of the season, so I felt that it wasn’t yet the right time to return to coaching.
“But the contagious enthusiasm and determination of Daniel Levy in wanting to entrust me with this task had already hit the mark. Now that the opportunity has returned, I have chosen to take it with great conviction.”
Commenting on the appointment, Managing Director - Football, Fabio Paratici, said: “We are delighted to welcome Antonio to the Club. His track record speaks for itself, with vast experience and trophies in both Italy and England.
“I know first-hand the qualities Antonio can bring to us, having worked with him at Juventus, and look forward to seeing his work with our talented group of players.”

Last edited:
ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
You beat me to it.

Very, very happy with this. Exciting appointment so I just hope that the deranged pipsqueak isn't lurking in the shadows intent on fucking it up.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Yay. So, now we have the right manager bloke, but the wrong players? I am excited about this appointment, now it's down to Levy. Give Antonio what he needs, let him ditch the cunts who have got too comfortable - even if Levy can't get the stupid amounts of money he wants for them, comfy cunts who don't give a fuck are worthless to THFC so even a couple of quid and a bag of crisps is a good deal.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Welcome Antonio!
Let's see if his 'passion, mentality, & determination' is contagious. Really hope it is & these players buy in.
We'll know soon enough.
Looking forward to him weeding the other cvnts out.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
This will work (I hope) if Levy provides proper funds and lets the football people take care of the football. it's his last life as far as I'm concerned and I'd still much prefer it if he left the club completely.

It's a very positive appointment, lets get behind him and hope that the players do the same. If they don't or can't they can as others have aptly pointed out, fuck off as well.

Good luck Antonio

NiceOneCyril

NiceOneCyril

Player in Training.
This is wonderful news! It's all uphill from here, boys. There will be a massive clear-out and then huge signings of world class players in the January window. We can still win the premier league this year, as well as the EFL Cup and FA Cup. Champions League will have to wait until 2023 but we'll win it then. Season ticket prices will be halved and beer will be free for adults at every game, kids will receive a piece of cheese of their choosing.

Thank you Mr. Levy, thank you!

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
If there's anyone to oversee a painful rebuild, it's Tony. I can think of several others I'd have preferred, but I'd probably be making the same mistakes, trying to patch the roof or shore up the foundation of the barn instead of burning the fucker down and starting fresh.

Here comes that hope thing again....

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I want pissed off players by this coming weekend...

I want to hear of punch ups between the big time Charlie's...

I want to see players dumped into youth team training sessions for not embracing the double sessions on basic defending.

I want to see players transfer listed for not bleeding for every opportunity to represent our club...

That's the desire, workrate and drive I need to see... only then will Conte have delivered anything.

Granted he is already working with one hand tied behind his back because the squad is a shambles, the investment is not guaranteed, and realistically he has got what's salvageable of this season to stop the rot... and one transfer window before his contract is up.

It's a fucking rough gig, no matter what your name is...!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
If there's anyone to oversee a painful rebuild, it's Tony.
I like this....I will call him Don Tony from now on....or maybe Don Conte. Whatever - don't fuck with him, otherwise you'll be sleeping with the fishes.

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
There must be a Spitting Image puppet tucked away in the boardroom closet somewhere.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
This begs the question that not only I ask, but Utd fans must be asking too....That game last Saturday....Who were the REAL winners ???

We're back baby!!

COME ON YOU SPURS!!!!!!

Sneeky

Sneeky

Player in Training.
I give you our very own Nio…
AC=ard cunt

1635931116532.gif

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

It's funny how some of the papers can make an article out of nothing. I read earlier that Conte will "spend two months assessing the squad before deciding on any transfer activity".

You kind of think "Duh ..." when you read something like that.

It'll be interesting times going forward. I know he prefers a 3-4-3 formation with wingbacks so you have to wonder if Doherty will be given a lifeline, since that's been his strongest position ?

He rates Kane very highly as well so I don't see him being dropped any time soon, although many people seem to think Kane is "very excited" by this appointment and is looking forward to working with him.

If he can get a tune out of Lukaku at Inter then he should have no problem getting Kane firing again.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
The last time I was this excited about a manager swap was back in 2008. On the 26th October 2008 Wanda was sacked and Harry took over. That was another rapid changeover, none of that sack the manager and go through 8 million options bollocks. Back then we had only won 2 points from the first 8 games of the season and were right at the bottom of the table, we ended up in 8th position which wasn't too shabby. The following year we ended up 4th, which at the time was our best ever finishing position in the Premier League.

Of course we are not in such a shitty state now. A couple of decent results could put us back up in the top four, but, I think getting CL football for next season will be a tough ask. AC (Not AC as in 'A Cunt', but AC as in Antonio Conte of course) will have to try and beat some 'giving a fuck' into the Cs (this time I do mean Cunts),I hope they will respond and if they don't they can fuck off.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

The last time I was this excited about a manager swap was back in 2008. On the 26th October 2008 Wanda was sacked and Harry took over. That was another rapid changeover, none of that sack the manager and go through 8 million options bollocks. Back then we had only won 2 points from the first 8 games of the season and were right at the bottom of the table, we ended up in 8th position which wasn't too shabby. The following year we ended up 4th, which at the time was our best ever finishing position in the Premier League.

Of course we are not in such a shitty state now. A couple of decent results could put us back up in the top four, but, I think getting CL football for next season will be a tough ask. AC (Not AC as in 'A Cunt', but AC as in Antonio Conte of course) will have to try and beat some 'giving a fuck' into the Cs (this time I do mean Cunts),I hope they will respond and if they don't they can fuck off.
I think it's still pretty early days though. 10 games in and only 5 points off the top 4, even with the durge we've been showing on the field, isn't that awful.

BUT...

The teams above us have all started well, especially Chelsea, and if that kind of form continues then I would certainly agree that top 4 could be hard. But then even now, before we've even kicked a ball under Conte, I can feel that optimism creeping back that the Cunt managed to drain right out of me.. 🤪

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I think it's still pretty early days though. 10 games in and only 5 points off the top 4, even with the durge we've been showing on the field, isn't that awful.

BUT...

The teams above us have all started well, especially Chelsea, and if that kind of form continues then I would certainly agree that top 4 could be hard. But then even now, before we've even kicked a ball under Conte, I can feel that optimism creeping back that the Cunt managed to drain right out of me.. 🤪
Chelsea, Liverpool and City will all finish above us, which means (in Spurs tinted spectacles) that 4-6th is between us, United, West Ham, maybe Leicester, Arsenal and Everton. with United being the best of that bunch?

Don Tony has a difficult task, but if he can motivate and energise the players, whilst finding the right formula and formation we have a shot.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
I hope I'm wrong but I don't think we're going to get top 4 tbh this season UNLESS there is a dramatic change in form and attitude or a serious transfer pot in Jan to take from....even with Conte on board.
The games we've won this season, we've fallen over the line. Not convincing at all. The games we've lost, we've been brutal. And for the next 10 games or so, these are the same players that Conte has to work with.
As I've said, I hope I'm wrong but I think the future looks alot brighter with this manager, especially for next season when he'll have a proper crack at the market and sell off the old wood.
He's a winner, and he'll kick seven shades of shite out of any "legend in his own mind"....which is what's been needed at this club since about 2 months before Poch left.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I just want the team to compete again. I want to see players flying into tackles and a team that plays on the front foot. I want a manager with a plan (which I think we've gotten). I still think we have some decent players--yeah, a lot of dead wood, and some holes in the squad, but overall a good deal of quality. The results will come. I'm just excited at the possibility of making it through one of our games without falling asleep.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Great appointment. Think the first thing is he gets instant respect that would never have been given to Nuno.

I reckon Kane will look a different player straight away. Conte loves a strike partnership and we have one of the best in Son and Kane already which is good.

As already mentioned he loves wingbacks and likes the 5 at the back when we don't have the ball idea. Do we have an Alonso type player in any of our wingbacks. Who knows. If not he converts wingers into them, like Moses at Chelsea.

I actually think the core of our team suits his typical lineup. Hosberg for instance would play similar under Conte as he does for his country, and if our 10 was to be NDombele Conte doesn't tend to make them chase the ball to much lol.

All in all great appointment. 18 months worth anyway and then onto the next.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Tottenham have given Mauricio Pochettino, Jose Mourinho, Nuno Espirito Santo and Antonio Conte contracts to manage them until 2023.

what’s happening in 2023???