By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Please, just fuck off now Antonio...!!!

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
He has to be backed right?

But how do we solve the same problem we have had for years. Unable to sell players, which means unable to buy players as he leaves a squad to big and fails in all the conditions we have to meet.

Do we need to start taking a loss on these players now? Who is going to bay €70 mill for Ndombele?

How do we change the squad now and in the summer without making a massive loss or do you think its doesn’t matter/not the problem

NiceOneCyril

NiceOneCyril

Player in Training.
He has to be backed right?

But how do we solve the same problem we have had for years. Unable to sell players, which means unable to buy players as he leaves a squad to big and fails in all the conditions we have to meet.

Do we need to start taking a loss on these players now? Who is going to bay €70 mill for Ndombele?

How do we change the squad now and in the summer without making a massive loss or do you think its doesn’t matter/not the problem
Yes, take a loss and get rid. It's not a new loss for us fans anyway, we made the loss years ago when ENIC took our money and sat on it. Let them shell out of their slush fund to replace the crap/worn out players.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
Apparently people inside the club are "surprised" at Conte's comments in a recent interview

I think this response sums it up well ..

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
'his philosophy of buying ready players doesn’t match with Tottenhams philosophy of buying young and exciting prospects'

Levy wants to profit from players, but he's been trying to do this for 5 years and actually losing a fortune.

BACK THE MANAGER.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
It would be one thing if the young players we were buying were actually exciting.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Levy's a sharp cookie right? great with financials and all that? Wrong. Have a look here and after you've stopped crying for any number of reasons - about who we wanted and who we actually bought and for how much and then what happened to them, you'll realise that even someone like Levy, who thinks he's a financial genius, is in fact quite the opposite.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
It is concerning what Conte is doing. He had basically bashed the side for 5 straight days. He is hammering it home. Seems a bit over the top. He knew what he was getting into. I'm fraud he's already looking for a way out.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Levy's a sharp cookie right? great with financials and all that? Wrong. Have a look here and after you've stopped crying for any number of reasons - about who we wanted and who we actually bought and for how much and then what happened to them, you'll realise that even someone like Levy, who thinks he's a financial genius, is in fact quite the opposite.

I don't know. There are a lot of factors in the management of the club beyond player transfers, which have obviously been very poor. To me, Levy (and for that matter a lot of other twats who run these clubs) is a symptom of a bigger problem, which is basically that the PL has become a system where financial success and football success really don't have that much to do with each other.

We talk a lot about how moneybags investors can swoop in and win by spending. What gets talked about less IMO is how so many owners care less about winning than making money. I mean obviously businessmen by definition are in it to make money--they are driven by the profit motive and always have been, so there's no sense complaining about it. But the landscape has shifted to the point where you make the real ££££££ from TV rights, social media presence, "corporate partners," trips abroad in the off-season, and selling five different kits a season. Winning is almost incidental to a lot of that shit, so the pressure isn't really on to bring in quality players. In short, I'm starting to think Levy is terrible at what fans like us value, but good at what is sadly more important to a lot of the other vultures that run modern football.

BTW, none of this should be construed to mean that Levy is not a bald money grubbing CC.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
It is concerning what Conte is doing. He had basically bashed the side for 5 straight days. He is hammering it home. Seems a bit over the top. He knew what he was getting into. I'm fraud he's already looking for a way out.
Is this a Fraudian slip?

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Honestly chaps, I didn't think knees would be this active with regard Antonio, this early on...!!!

Let's remember before our mini (3) loosing streak (probably be 4 by Sunday),Conte was the saviour most wanted and he had led us to a 10 game unbeaten streak...!

Remember how much better that was than when the Cock-Cunt was here and it was everyone else's fault apart from his...!!! Or even how "Sterile" it was under that nice chap who folded his arms a lot and scowled at the over paid shit cunts making it up as they went along.

Conte, is using 90% of the same players that were at the disposal of those other 2, who couldn't get a decent tune out of the multi million pound fiddle that even the messiah himself, Sir Pochetinhio, couldn't any longer play.

Conte isn't to blame over and above the limitations of the players he has at his disposal...

He has a demotivated, underinvested squad of ill suited and tired players who have had to change what is expected of them 4 times in under 3 years... I'd be demotivated and mentally fucked if I had to work in a fucking circus/ pressure cooker like that for the last 4 years.

Primarily, the blame lays at the feet of who is doing the recruitment of both the managers and the players...

Secondly, those who are doing the running about and who are asked to put the managers vision into practice either are not doing or can't do what is asked of them...

Again, this goes straight back to recruitment.

Sorry lads, but keep those knees still for a few more months and please stack all that hate and vengeance for the real reason why this club has slid all the way from the bank of greatness to what for me is an even lower point that what we endured throughout the 90's and I am sure at times before then...!!

#LEVYFUCKINGOUTTHECUNT

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
Yes but...I don't wish to add a discordant note of hope here, but the Don also said

“This has been happening to us in the last period. This is part of a process of a team that has to grow a lot to try to be competitive … They need to work a lot and this does not scare me at all. It is inevitable that certainly the situation compared to the past for me is very different in terms of perspectives, ambitions, in terms of fighting to win.”

Maybe he wants to win at a club where it means something.

Just like Harry!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I don't know. There are a lot of factors in the management of the club beyond player transfers, which have obviously been very poor. To me, Levy (and for that matter a lot of other twats who run these clubs) is a symptom of a bigger problem, which is basically that the PL has become a system where financial success and football success really don't have that much to do with each other.

We talk a lot about how moneybags investors can swoop in and win by spending. What gets talked about less IMO is how so many owners care less about winning than making money. I mean obviously businessmen by definition are in it to make money--they are driven by the profit motive and always have been, so there's no sense complaining about it. But the landscape has shifted to the point where you make the real ££££££ from TV rights, social media presence, "corporate partners," trips abroad in the off-season, and selling five different kits a season. Winning is almost incidental to a lot of that shit, so the pressure isn't really on to bring in quality players. In short, I'm starting to think Levy is terrible at what fans like us value, but good at what is sadly more important to a lot of the other vultures that run modern football.

BTW, none of this should be construed to mean that Levy is not a bald money grubbing CC.
The winning regardless of money also prevails and is widespread across the leagues both domestic and European. It started with Jack Walker investing and winning the Premier League with Blackburn Rovers in 1995. From which the phrase was born about losing a fortune buy a football club. Well Jack did that and they have been playing catch up ever since. Same goes for Leeds United, Man United were remortgaged by the Glazers and their fans had yellow and green scarves for while, more recently City and Chelsea have bought all their trophies - no respect for that.

So both models exist perfectly well, but it's much easier to win things if you go out and buy the best players in the world and not worry about losing a couple of billion in the process (City and Chelsea). We've invested our billion in property and Levy isn't prepared to invest another in quality players.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Antonio Conte: “I always say that I'm enjoying my time at Tottenham, and I’m enjoying my time with these players. I'm always saying this I don't know why people want to create problems between the coach and the club here at Spurs”.

Conte: "I don’t understand why someone wants to create a problem with me. Not only me but in the past. I read stories in the past about this club and it creates a problem with the coach and the chairman."

Stop listening to the media bullshit folks. Media and ex-pundits hate the fact Conte is at Spurs……

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

He's said that he actually does want to stay next season but with one caveat ..

"This situation is a big challenge, a new challenge but the people see very well the commitment what I'm doing, what I'm putting into the training ground with my staff to try to deliver something important.

"As I always say I have patience and I like to work, like to work what we are doing and at the same time I want to be very clear as I don't want to lose my ambition.

"This must be very clear to everybody. I repeat I hope that we are in the same way."

"I hope we are in the same way"

Translation: "Levy, you smirking little cunt, give me money to buy the players I want and I'll give you a trophy. Don't and I'll fuck off and win them elsewhere"

Alasdair Gold made the point that if we blow this one and Conte walks, Levy will probably see the wrath of the fans like he never has before and I think he's probably right - even re-hiring Poch probably wouldn't dampen that fire.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
We need a plan for when teams don't come at us and sit back. we're good on the counter against City and Leeds and occasionally on Saturday evening, but cannot create or score enough when we have to be the aggressor it seems. Unless it's Everton of course.

We seem reliant on Kane to create and score, that's a neat trick even for him. Need a better version of Hojbjerg/Winks to create in midfield and a vast improvement down our left flank.

ps anyone think that Lloris best days are behind him?

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Just reading the comments from his presser yesterday where he's basically confirmed that he wants to stay next season but that he'll leave if the club don't match his 'vision'.

While I'd want him to stay as well, there's a small part of me that also wants him to walk because the backlash from the fans will be like nothing Levy has ever seen before.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Just reading the comments from his presser yesterday where he's basically confirmed that he wants to stay next season but that he'll leave if the club don't match his 'vision'.

While I'd want him to stay as well, there's a small part of me that also wants him to walk because the backlash from the fans will be like nothing Levy has ever seen before.
Season after season we seem to be at the point where its shit or bust...

I just can't believe anymore that real, genuine change will come.

And will I like that change if it makes us like Utd or the Scum...?

Guess we will have to wait and see..... or not.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Season after season we seem to be at the point where its shit or bust...

I just can't believe anymore that real, genuine change will come.

And will I like that change if it makes us like Utd or the Scum...?

Guess we will have to wait and see..... or not.
The reason for this is that Levy sits on the fence. Apart from the 4 golden Poch years, where we came across a wonderful squad playing brilliant football, we've never gone the extra yard in terms of player investment, for the big title push. It's happened every year that I can remember, even with the Bale money we bought 7 average to good players rather than 3 exceptional ones that could for example have formed the spine of the team.

Imagine if we had Ruben Dias, Fernandes, and Luis Diaz now instead of Sanchez, Lo Celso/Hojbjerg, and Kulusevski.

Levy's approach means we will always be fighting for fourth rather than first - third. Hindsight is a wonderful thing and us fans have it by the bucket load, but after a while you can see the same approach results in the same outcomes. Genius eh?

LEVY OUT

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

While I sincerely hope Conte stays next season, I do wonder what will happen now that United have appointed Ten Hag.

Poch was one of the favourites for that job as it's widely expected he'll leave PSG at the end of the season.

If Conte doesn't get the backing he wants .. who knows ?

NiceOneCyril

NiceOneCyril

Player in Training.
I see what's going on, it's an arithmetic regression:

- Antonio is not backed, so count back 4 managers, we get Poch and Eriksen back in
- Poch is not backed, count back 4 managers, we get Clive Allen and Berbatov back in

Now extrapolate this 4 manager theory over 60 years and we get

- Billy Nic and Blanchflower - we win the double!

It's a great plan. Unfortunately I will be 120 years old, and it does mean we'll have Santini, Graham, Francis, Shreeves and Pleat again, but surely it's worth the pain?

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Do we get to see Berbatov, Modric, proper Bale, Ginola, Gazza, Lineker, Corluka, Dawson, Mabbut and Gilberto again...?

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

The rumours are coming thick and fast now and getting ridiculous.

I was reading some bits and bobs earlier and it was something akin to ..

"No contact with Conte over PSG job"
"Conte wants to sign <whoever> for next season"
"Conte will be backed in the transfer market over the summer"
"Conte will make a decision on his future at the end of the season"

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
The rumours are coming thick and fast now and getting ridiculous.

I was reading some bits and bobs earlier and it was something akin to ..

"No contact with Conte over PSG job"
"Conte wants to sign <whoever> for next season"
"Conte will be backed in the transfer market over the summer"
"Conte will make a decision on his future at the end of the season"
Unfortunately, "ridiculous" and "entirely plausible" are not mutually-exclusive descriptors in our day and age (and not just in football, of course). The only one I'd guess is categorically, indisputably 100% bullshit is "Conte will be backed in the transfer market over the summer"

In short, I wouldn't be one bit surprised if Tony fucked off if we failed to secure CL. I would be surprised, but not shocked, if we finished fourth and he still left.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

I would be surprised, but not shocked, if we finished fourth and he still left.
For me, I've had this niggle for a while.

I suppose you have to consider that this rumour is out there because Conte's people have put it out there to keep the pressure on Levy to be good to his word and invest over the summer, but I keep thinking that there's also potentially an element of him looking at the setup at the club and considering how much Levy (and Uncle Joe) really will back him despite any assurances.

When you look at the quality that PSG have available and the money they have to spend, it certainly becomes a case of "I don't need this shit" I think.