By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Please, just fuck off now Antonio...!!!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I hated Conte when he was at Chelsea, and to be honest not much has changed: he's still whining, and he's making the team play ugly, boring football. I really ought to be Conte out. But I just can't face another fresh start with a period of unbridled optimism followed by abject failure. So he can stay.

At least until Sunday afternoon...
Sums up my feelings exactly. Apathy has set in and unless Levy fucks off, a new owner who is not a murdering, psycho regime comes in and re-appoints Poch as manager, not coach, then I just can't be bovvered.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/news/tottenham-live-conte-future-transfers-25997976

Thought this was interesting from Tony's comments earlier today. He's correct, IMO, even if he does come off as trying to duck responsibility:

In England I think there's a bad habit that it's only the coach talks and explains. I've never seen the medical department coming here to explain. It's the same I've never seen the club or the sporting director coming here to explain the strategy of the club. In Italy, before every game there's a person from the club that goes to speak to the media. I think for us it could be really really better, otherwise there is only one face to explain the situation that I think is better for the club to explain. It's habit and I respect this habit. In Italy it's different.

Otherwise it means that only if the coach talks there can be misunderstanding. I think it could be good for the club to be present in the media. Not every week, but at least every 15 days or once a month. I think it could be more simple for you to understand and not always the same. Otherwise it can seem if something is a criticism or negative and it's not the case.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
To whinge is to do

"I need better players, I want more money, others at the club should take responsibility, the fans need to be realistic...."

See ya mate, the door's over there.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Press is reporting that Tuchel badly wants to replace Conte. You just know that story was fabricated by . . . Levy. No way Tuchel is looking at us and thinking "oh yeah! No defenders? Sketch keeper? Striker on the way out? Where do I sign?" Fucking Levy.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
Yeah if totally comes across as “So you want a pay-rise do you?. You’re not the only option sunshine”

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Obviously discussing a replacement at this point is a bit premature, but the truth is that not many managers have left the club under ENIC with their reputations enhanced or even intact: Poch, maybe BMJ and Harry. The thing is though, I think most very good managers have massive egos, and think they can succeed where others have failed.

A lot of these elite-level managers seem especially sensitive to the idea that they can't win without mega-millions worth of backing. So I'd imagine that if the pay packet is good, Tuchel and a lot of others would be interested in coming to Spurs, no matter how dysfunctional it is.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

For me, the ultimate irony is that Poch is/was the perfect manager for Enic and Levy.

Someone who was happy to take the younger cheap punts and work with them to improve them, which succeeded more often than not.

Rather than backing him with what likely would have been a “modest” outlay in terms of transfer fees, Levy seemingly thought that spaffing two or three times that on “elite” managers who expected huge transfer outlays was the actual solution.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
For me, the ultimate irony is that Poch is/was the perfect manager for Enic and Levy.

Someone who was happy to take the younger cheap punts and work with them to improve them, which succeeded more often than not.

Rather than backing him with what likely would have been a “modest” outlay in terms of transfer fees, Levy seemingly thought that spaffing two or three times that on “elite” managers who expected huge transfer outlays was the actual solution.
A-Fucking-Men...🙏

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

From a human perspective you can feel for the bloke really. Losing three close friends in the space of three months and being away from his family for extended periods of time would make anyone want to look at their life and decide what’s really important.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member

From a human perspective you can feel for the bloke really. Losing three close friends in the space of three months and being away from his family for extended periods of time would make anyone want to look at their life and decide what’s really important.
I watch Spurs each weekend and feel the fucking same...

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

I suppose Levy could still sack him if we keep losing though.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member

I suppose Levy could still sack him if we keep losing though.
And this, if true, forces Levys hand when it continues to look, smell and feel like rat shit.

Means that any targets for this window will be "club" targets and not Conté ones....

The fella has checked out as have the players and most of the fans too.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

And this, if true, forces Levys hand when it continues to look, smell and feel like rat shit.

Means that any targets for this window will be "club" targets and not Conté ones....

The fella has checked out as have the players and most of the fans too.
And if they are indeed 'club' targets, will he even pick them ?

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
He's finished with us and we're finished with him.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I'm upset. I had hoped that Conte would be the bloke we needed, but he's almost as big a cunt as the actual cunt. I've had a football Sunday and it's fucking depressing seeing how much better than us most of the teams in the PL are. Watching the goons, Arteta is obviously a micro-managing, whingeing cunt, but the football they are playing is so much better than the dross we are getting from Conte, they've been shite for years, but now they're not. Same thing with United. We have the players, despite what Conte says, so he has to take the blame - and fuck off.

Last edited:
The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
1674415395184.jpeg

You know it makes sense.

This guy IS Tottenham.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
View attachment 1705

You know it makes sense.

This guy IS Tottenham.
It does make sense, but Levy won't back him, won't allow him to manage the team and he will buy and sell players on a whim (cos he thinks he's a football genius) - so what's the point? I don't want to so the Poch fucked over again by Levy and ENIC. Hopefully when a decent owner buys THF he'll come home, but there's not much chance of that when the only cunts that can afford to but football teams are murdering fucking tyrants and oligarchs.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
It does make sense, but Levy won't back him, won't allow him to manage the team and he will buy and sell players on a whim (cos he thinks he's a football genius) - so what's the point? I don't want to so the Poch fucked over again by Levy and ENIC. Hopefully when a decent owner buys THF he'll come home, but there's not much chance of that when the only cunts that can afford to but football teams are murdering fucking tyrants and oligarchs.
This....why would it be different a second time round.... why would Poch tarnish his reputation with our fans or the rest of world football....?

Fuck Spurs.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Fuck Conte...the fucking arrogance. He doesn’t get to tell the club when contract talks happen, the club does and ONLY the club.
Its a long term project. Not a quick fix. We're now miles behind Arsenal, City, Utd, and Newcastle. The likes of Chelsea and Liverpool will come back next season so how do we compete in the near future ?
We need a complete restart imo. Kane, and 10 more probably need to get out for various reasons. We need to develop and have a coach that will give the young talent a shot together with some quality signings. Poch and Silva fit that. But it means that we all have to be patient again and go through a few seasons of 6th to 9th in the PL and start again, but will hopefully be worth it.

Last edited:
J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Fuck Conte...the fucking arrogance. He doesn’t get to tell the club when contract talks happen, the club does and ONLY the club.
Honestly read his remarks as basically a delayed resignation.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

The stress of working with Daniel Levy I imagine ..

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Straw....

...that breaks the camels back...?

Last edited:
ClemFandango

ClemFandango

The on-field situation could be interesting going forward. Obviously you wish the bloke well as health and family should always come first but recovery time can be as much as 8 weeks plus an extra week in hospital after the actual procedure itself. That could potentially see him back around mid-april with only around 6 or 7 matches left to the end of the season and potentially nothing to play for, so could you get a situation where he basically says "Fuck it" and doesn't come back at all ?.

Maybe Stellini is formally announced as caretaker manager untll the end of the season ?

With Conte losing 3 close friends in such a short space of time, something like this could easily be enough for him to walk away from the game for good and just go and be with his family back in Italy.

And will the style of play change under Stellini ?. Could this be one of those situations where we end up actually benefitting from it and playing with more freedom ?

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I hope everything goes well, football aside (or maybe including football) this has been a truly horrible year for the man. This is not at all intended to come off as a Conte out post, but it is impossible for me to imagine that he'll be at the club at the end of this season.