• To Dare is to do...
    1. Welcome to Proper Spursy the most authentic Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Forum, the home of the fallout crowd, you have to be awesome to be a member here. If you are awesome come and say hello.

What the top 6 need

Discussion in 'Transfer Talk & ITK' started by skiathospurs, May 20, 2017.

1. skiathospurs

skiathospurs Well-Known Member Founding Member

Here`s my take on what the transfer bun fight this summer will or should entail.The 3 most needed pieces of the puzzle for each club.

Chelsea;
      1.Striker,more than likely Costa will be off,Batshitcrazy cant do it on his own,they need a starter!
      2.Centerback,Terry off,zouma hasnt really progressed,if they stick with 3 at the back short of cover.I have to say they need a utility player like Dier,but can fuck right off with that.A cover player.
      3.RB/right wing back,moses did ok but moses and i could say alonso the other side could be better.

Spurs;
      1.Back up striker
      2.CB cover
      3.right sided midfield at a pinch wing back cover (if Kyle stays)

Man city;
      1.CB starter
      2.FB Both FBs out of contract this season (sagna and clichy)
      3.FB
      Could also do with a wanyama/dembele type yaya is past his best

Liverpool
      1.Left back moreno is shit,milner has helped out but
      2.CB short of quality and cover
      3.DM,if you class henderson as such he is their only one.

Arsenal&man utd;
      I have put these two together,cos I dont know where to start,except arsenal also need a top keeper.
      1:Starting striker rooney,zlatan are off,probably giroud too,both need a top standalone striker
      2.Defenders take your pick too many holes for this thread to fill
      3.Fuck me midfielders allover required,DM for arse and better than walcott,ramsey,ox,united are just bang average fellaini lmao,theres no need for a #10 they so rarely attack.
      Seriously though both clubs are looking at a massive overhaul of personnel.

Obviously players leaving walker,sanchez,ozil,yaya,aguero,costa will impact signings,and this is just my view.I am sure you all have more of an idea than me!
      Chip in lads and lasses.

2. skiathospurs

So Pep comes out and says their failings this year are not scoring enough goals!!To me it seems de bruyne,silva,sane,agureo,jesus is pretty creative,surely keeper,fullbacks and DM are whats in order?Or has Pep been speaking to Ossie??

Last edited: May 26, 2017
    3. Don Diaz

Don Diaz Zero tolerance of Numpty's Founding Member

Unfortunately Peps plan only works in games like their home 5-3 win against Monaco. They concede too many in the PL at present, we got away with a draw there and Chelsea won both against the odds. Defence and a goalkeeper is what he needs, jeez what does he know about football anyway!!

4. Don Diaz

I will be fascinated to see who Poch goes for the strengthen the squad this summer, didn't expect Wanyama or Sissoko last Summer and one of those has worked out brilliantly, I still believe in Janssen based on his age but would like to see a Dembele type playerfrom Celtic and some pace apparently somewhere. But who knows. United and Arsenal have the biggest problems and Liverpool aren't far behind, they are also reliant on two players.

• Like Like x 1
    5. skiathospurs

Hmmm do i agree or give it funny?

6. Don Diaz

Well I'd agree that he's found it tough in a proper league this year and with all their millions and 'superstar' manager I think they'll find it tough again next year which is funny because he doesn't like it and gets grumpy when he isn't winning.

Poch is by far the classiest manager out there, Klopp is up there too, among the top 6.

7. skiathospurs

You could take all 3 clubs spend £150m in each and still be wondering will it make any difference,when you need more than 3 players as starters thats a 3rd of a team,tough job to hit the ground running or for them all to work.
      If next season the table looks like this,expect 2 or 3 of those untouchable media darlings to have got or get the sack.United 4 years in transistion,city 4 years without a title,wenger even with a new contract this year? could he survive outside of top 4 next year,if klopp comes 5th does he stay?I think us,playing wembley if Poch gets 6th he still def takes us to NWHL.
      And on top of that if you believe it those teams could lose rooney,zlatan,sanchez,costa,kante (reports la liga calling),makes united and arses plight even harder.

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. corroded

corroded Player in Training.

I think Woolwich need a miracle

Wenger leaves, they are realistically heading into the United zone of terror
      Wenger stays... I'm not sure I see Sanchez and Ozil staying

If the sale does happen, they won't sell to the league, I think they'd still labour under the illusion they can win it. Could see PSG coming in. Also want Kronke to stay in there, because Usmanov would spent I feel.

Moyes has just resigned as Sunderland boss, so maybe he's up for the poison chalice.

Good summer for us would see us not lose anyone we didn't want to, and Kante be snapped up by literally anyone not in the Premier League. Alonso just retired, maybe Bayern want him.

• Like Like x 1
    9. skiathospurs

Well this is some state to get into,very similar to the contract situation at United after fergie.

Arsenal players out of contract 2018
      Ozil Alexis Ramsey Ox Per Gibbs Jenkinson Cazorla
      Theo Giroud Cech Welbeck Monreal Gabriel

10. Dorset

Dorset The Voice Of Reason Founding Member

Wheelchair as well in 2018, their saviour, who is on his way back to the Emirates if he doesn't fall down the steps in the Winter Gardens in Bournemouth, tricky fuckers they are, all those old people and they put the fucking seaside at the bottom of a load of steps, I expect it was an EU rule, cunts. I bet Farage will have the seaside moved up to a sensible level when he gets voted in as PM in the election next month, he'll have to offer a bit of bunce because the Lib Dems are going to give us all 100 years paid sick leave if we get a bit of a headache and the Tories are going to employ 2 new policeman and a junior doctor while Diane Abbot is going to spend a trillion pounds on 400 million new policemen which will only cost her 25 quid which she will raise by selling 100 million copies of the Big Issue for a pound.

• Funny Funny x 2
    11. skiathospurs

Manchester City are set to complete a £43m deal to sign Portugal attacking midfielder Bernardo Silva from French champions Monaco.
      The 22-year-old will join City on 1 July, with the club set to announce the transfer later on Friday.

Yup he`s going full ossie

• Funny Funny x 2
    12. skiathospurs

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    13. Don Diaz

The thing for me is this. There's no glory or achievement in buying a wining team, it's far more difficult to coach one, to turn Dier from a centre back into a defence midfield player and back to right sided defender in a 3, bring on a Danny Rose or a Harry Kane than just buying Silva. Mourinho Klopp and especially Pep have been found out this year.

• Agree Agree x 1
    14. Don Diaz

Imagine Poch with his coaching skills + £200m

15. skiathospurs

The urgency of now makes Poch a rare breed,as is a club willing to wait 3 years,interesting to see if Klopp gets as long?I guess city and chelsea/united can just bankroll +£200m a season in transfers,termination of managers,for the rest of us not quite so easy,and I dont see our ethos changing hugely in NWHL tbh.