By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

  • Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

    Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.


    Join us!

Wolves - A (PL) 19:45 Sat November 3rd

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Likes
1,282
#1
WolvesApurs.jpg


19:45 on a Saturday? Do fecking what? I like my football played at 3.00 on a Saturday afternoon, like in the olden days. Everything was better when I was alive, a pint only cost 1p and you could get a train up to wherever Wolverhampton is (up north somewhere?),have a nice fry-up, 12 pints in the pub, go the match, be home in time to go to your local for another 12 pints - and have change out of half-a crown!

My super-predictorating machine gives us a 43% chance of winning this, 29% to Wolves and 28% for the draw. I reckon this could be a tight game and we will win by 1 or 2. probably 4-2.

Interesting Doodahs:

Wolverhampton Wanderers have played Tottenham Hotspur 93 times in all competitions. In all the 93 matches Wolverhampton Wanderers have played against Tottenham Hotspur they have won 27 lost 46 and drawn 20 matches.

Their first match was in the League Division Two on Tuesday, 1 September 1908. Tottenham Hotspur were playing at home that day and the final score was Tottenham Hotspur 3 Wolverhampton Wanderers 0 .

The latest meeting between these two teams was a Premier League game on Saturday, 14 January 2012, the score was Tottenham Hotspur 1 Wolverhampton Wanderers 1.

Highest Goals in Game - 11, League Division One, Saturday, 27 March 1965, Tottenham Hotspur 7 Wolverhampton Wanderers 4

League Division One - 62 matches played, Wolverhampton Wanderers won 19, lost 30 and drew 13.

League Division Two - 12 matches played, Wolverhampton Wanderers won 5, lost 6 and drew 1.

Premier League - 8 matches played, Wolverhampton Wanderers won 2, lost 4 and drew 2.

FA Cup - 6 matches played, Wolverhampton Wanderers won 0, lost 4 and drew 2.

League Cup - 3 matches played, Wolverhampton Wanderers won 1, lost 1 and drew 1.

UEFA Cup - 2 matches played, Wolverhampton Wanderers won 0, lost 1 and drew 1.
 
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Likes
2,045
#2
Funny old game football. Who the fuck knows what's going to happen in this one. Those Wolves chaps draw with Man city one week and lose to Watford another (no shame in that by the way....). I'm inclined to think that we're on a roll now with a winning streak of 1 game under our belt, Dele and Chris back, Kane well rested, Sissoko on fire and Lamela leading the charge. Nailed on win, I'm saying 3-1 again because that's what it will be, although they have some good players and are at home, so it might be a draw.
 
skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Well-Known Member
Founding Member
Likes
3,516
#3
Eric Dier (thigh) and Danny Rose (groin) are both unlikely to return before the international break and Victor Wanyama's out now too, after picking up a knee injury (left knee) against West Ham. Just when the injury list was easing up. Vertonghen out too of course.

Pochettino: “It’s so exciting for me to be here at Tottenham, helping the club achieve the last level. I think we’re so close. I think we're strong enough to sort all the problems & arrive at the end to achieve what the club & fans deserve. What we want is to win trophies.
On the Saturday 7.45pm kick-off: “Normally I’m on the sofa with my dog. It will be so strange for my dog, not for me.” .”
 
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Likes
2,045
#7
Mike Dean referees......that used to be a good thing, not so much these days, let’s see.
 
The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Likes
273
#12
Superb from Lamela and a wonderful cross from Trippier to put the second goal on a plate for Lucas.

The linesman in the Wolves attacking half...well his eyes must be painted on. The disallowed goal wasn’t remotely close to being offside.
 
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Likes
2,045
#13
Well we’ve just got another 3 points in a tough game with some key players missing and some simply not on form. Tripps is struggling and Winksy just never got on the game. I don’t blame Foyth for the pens and not sure whether Hugo or Lamela should be our man of the match. Lamela player of the season so far, he and Moura are our two new signings. Take the win lads, we worked hard for it, I’m looking forward to the whole squad being fit and having a few home games....remember Wolves drew with City, we’re only 3 points off the top. Winning when you’re not playing well.....you know what they means. COYS.
 
The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Likes
273
#14
Just caught Nuno’s post match interview. What a ripping fella. He could have had a shot at the officials but didn’t, was happy with his team (as he should be) and gave Spurs plenty of credit.

Classy.
 
J.spurs

J.spurs

Well-Known Member
Founding Member
Likes
551
#16
What a game, I always feel good when we escape with one like that. Bring on PSV.
 
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Likes
2,045
#19
Just a reminder that a Spurs team playing poorly are a point above the goons who are apparently "flying "
Do you remember the old debate from the cave about whether it was better to go for wins (3points) and risk losing or get a draw. Well the 8 wins and 3 losses seem to have paid dividends so far. All those early season draws of the past few years didn’t work so well eh?
 
Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
Likes
306
#20
Do you remember the old debate from the cave about whether it was better to go for wins (3points) and risk losing or get a draw. Well the 8 wins and 3 losses seem to have paid dividends so far. All those early season draws of the past few years didn’t work so well eh?
And we are winning playing badly....Felt sorry for Juan as the 1st goal was down to trippier. For 50 mins we were actually good.
 
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Likes
2,045
#22
If we can get through the first half of the season as we are now, with all the injuries, Wembley debacle and ridiculous amount of games, we'll be set for the second half, with a lot of home games, hopefully full squad and and playing in our own stadium, which admittedly will still feel a bit like an away stadium for this season.
 

Latest posts

Associates

Forum statistics

Threads
640
Messages
31,269
Members
159
Latest member
DemiP