By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

10 spurs hereos for the Lane finale

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Ok I know the answer.....but I cheated. My guesswork above was so close.....but got the wrong country eh @Ted the Yid

conor1

conor1

Founding Member
Given Dons clue it has to be Stevie Archibald

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
C

corroded

Player in Training.
I love how his agent comes out saying he's done nothing wrong, and that Campbell should be invited.

Is Levy trying to save on demolition costs?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Surprised this was even questioned but without doubt the right decision, would sour what will be an emotional and special day. He'll never be forgiven for what he did and to put him in front of the fans would be embarrassing for all concerned!
I`d love him to be there,would be quite the reception.He would be nuts to turn up if invited.Its all about keeping your name in the press,its a complete non starter as ideas go.Whats next "george Graham snub shocker",Ghaly gets shirty about no invite,no final salute for adebayor.
Fuck em all,not spurs family and I`d rather see soldado back than ratfishboy,Bale,Berbatov for a final goodbye.

C

corroded

Player in Training.
To at least be fair, Bale, Modric and Berbatov all made it very clear they wanted to move. Though each of them altered the manner, I think Bale was the most respectful, it was obvious after a point he was going, he didn't say much to the press and it just went ahead. Modric was of course, far more protracted and he did have a good long sulk, which did piss me off... getting paid many thousands of pounds a week and he can't play.... this going across many seasons. At least he did get his head back down eventually and keep playing. I'd not be against any of them coming back, much like Keane... lets face it, these players were some of our brightest players in a time when we were really starting to improve.

I look back in retrospect and think, really, was there much we could have ever done to keep players of that quality... keeping stars is all well and good, and a great team needs stars, but it's the combination of the team that's the most important thing. We were a reasonable team, with a couple of star players. That's the difference to us now, we're a much more rounded and capable team, and a team that is now on the verges of really getting somewhere... we're a team that players will want to come to, especially with regards to the really ambitious younger players.

We've been good at turning a good player into a great one, and then unfortunately losing them to a bigger team. We're really on the cusp now of being a team that players want to come to... and that unity we have is a great way of keeping good fringe players on board. I mean, look at how United kept quality on their benches over the years. We've now got the basis that attracts players, a quality team with a quality manager, and we even have a few star players in there now that with any luck we'll be able to keep hold of, in the likes of Kane, Alli and Eriksen. Though a part of me does wonder if somehow we'd managed to keep Bale what would have happened, but selling Bale led to the team we have today in most respects. And the Bale money whilst not successful immediately got turned back into other players, purchases and fundamentally lost AVB his job. Butterfly effect and all that.

It's almost fitting that Spurs are changing grounds at the time that the clubs personality is changing. It's almost an epoch moment.

Ted the Yid

Ted the Yid

Founding Member
Are there any survivors of the 50/51 team?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
To at least be fair, Bale, Modric and Berbatov all made it very clear they wanted to move. Though each of them altered the manner, I think Bale was the most respectful, it was obvious after a point he was going, he didn't say much to the press and it just went ahead. Modric was of course, far more protracted and he did have a good long sulk, which did piss me off... getting paid many thousands of pounds a week and he can't play.... this going across many seasons. At least he did get his head back down eventually and keep playing. I'd not be against any of them coming back, much like Keane... lets face it, these players were some of our brightest players in a time when we were really starting to improve.

I look back in retrospect and think, really, was there much we could have ever done to keep players of that quality... keeping stars is all well and good, and a great team needs stars, but it's the combination of the team that's the most important thing. We were a reasonable team, with a couple of star players. That's the difference to us now, we're a much more rounded and capable team, and a team that is now on the verges of really getting somewhere... we're a team that players will want to come to, especially with regards to the really ambitious younger players.

We've been good at turning a good player into a great one, and then unfortunately losing them to a bigger team. We're really on the cusp now of being a team that players want to come to... and that unity we have is a great way of keeping good fringe players on board. I mean, look at how United kept quality on their benches over the years. We've now got the basis that attracts players, a quality team with a quality manager, and we even have a few star players in there now that with any luck we'll be able to keep hold of, in the likes of Kane, Alli and Eriksen. Though a part of me does wonder if somehow we'd managed to keep Bale what would have happened, but selling Bale led to the team we have today in most respects. And the Bale money whilst not successful immediately got turned back into other players, purchases and fundamentally lost AVB his job. Butterfly effect and all that.

It's almost fitting that Spurs are changing grounds at the time that the clubs personality is changing. It's almost an epoch moment.
Nice post BTW,what you say is born out by the POTY vote,6 or so serious contenders for votes.As you say its not the leaving,just the way they were pushed through quite publically.As was debated by pundits,whom would you sign for now spurs or arsenal,its not just position in the league,champions league football,its the whole ethos of the club.Come to spurs we will improve you,give you a feeling of togetherness,it will be tough work but rewarding.

Yeah and I agree with how it was,and I dont hate on them,just they will not be spurs in 15 years time,a legend tour with Bale,berbatov,modric isnt going to happen,michael dawson yes, not half the player but like archibald,roberts,hazard they will always be spurs,its just some kind of feeling,the 3 mentioned didnt have that connection.And in context of recent posts campbell not only doesnt have that connection ,he is probably the most hated figure I can remember in over 40 years.
What say Berbatov missed out on for short term gain,is the feeling the rest of his life of belonging to the "family" like Ossie,I mean he still lives & breathes spurs,inspite of playing/managing other clubs.You cant put a value on that in life,Ossie must get so much satisfaction in life now still having that feeling and friendship.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
The Times write Tottenham Hotspur have not invited Tim Sherwood to the farewell of White Hart Lane
Spurs have reportedly invited five previous managers; David Pleat, Terry Venables, Glenn Hoddle, Martin Jol and Harry Redknapp

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Micky hazard has tweeted the general is def there,but Perryman may not as exeter have a match.Ossie&Ricky are def going.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Surprised this was even questioned but without doubt the right decision, would sour what will be an emotional and special day. He'll never be forgiven for what he did and to put him in front of the fans would be embarrassing for all concerned!
upload_2017-5-4_12-56-24.jpeg

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Nice post BTW,what you say is born out by the POTY vote,6 or so serious contenders for votes.As you say its not the leaving,just the way they were pushed through quite publically.As was debated by pundits,whom would you sign for now spurs or arsenal,its not just position in the league,champions league football,its the whole ethos of the club.Come to spurs we will improve you,give you a feeling of togetherness,it will be tough work but rewarding.

Yeah and I agree with how it was,and I dont hate on them,just they will not be spurs in 15 years time,a legend tour with Bale,berbatov,modric isnt going to happen,michael dawson yes, not half the player but like archibald,roberts,hazard they will always be spurs,its just some kind of feeling,the 3 mentioned didnt have that connection.And in context of recent posts campbell not only doesnt have that connection ,he is probably the most hated figure I can remember in over 40 years.
What say Berbatov missed out on for short term gain,is the feeling the rest of his life of belonging to the "family" like Ossie,I mean he still lives & breathes spurs,inspite of playing/managing other clubs.You cant put a value on that in life,Ossie must get so much satisfaction in life now still having that feeling and friendship.
I'm never sure about ex players, Klinsmann got a great reception last weekend, I think Bale would too. JD is a yiddo despite his multi travelled career and I think Sheringham as well, although West ham claimed him last year, so maybe not? I'm a partial Modric fan, based if nothing else on the goal he scored against Bolton away in the season he was supposed to not be playing. He did OK, so did Berba but I'd agree that neither are really in the Spurs family, they're mercenaries and Modric had a hand in tempting Bale to Madrid.

B

Basskadet

Founding Member
The Times write Tottenham Hotspur have not invited Tim Sherwood to the farewell of White Hart Lane
Spurs have reportedly invited five previous managers; David Pleat, Terry Venables, Glenn Hoddle, Martin Jol and Harry Redknapp

Was Timbo ever actually anything other than just a caretaker manager tho? I feel more sorry for old Juande Ramos to be honest as, whilst our team fell apart under him, we did win our only trophy in a decade. He might be, like AVB, otherwise engaged I guess.

I am assuming Ossie is also on the list and It'll be GREAT to have El Tel back at the Lane!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Was Timbo ever actually anything other than just a caretaker manager tho? I feel more sorry for old Juande Ramos to be honest as, whilst our team fell apart under him, we did win our only trophy in a decade. He might be, like AVB, otherwise engaged I guess.

I am assuming Ossie is also on the list and It'll be GREAT to have El Tel back at the Lane!
Well Timmy was a Spurs player as well, yeah I know, the folks over in the other place don't know that, but he played 93 games and scored 12 goals for us, his Premier League MPG (minutes per goal) 621 was actually better than Ratfishboy's (825). aAnd he did have some influence in the development of our youth squad - less maybe than he claims, but who knows?

I know a lot of geezers don't like hm, Levy included but his League win percentage is still better than any manager since Frank Bretell's and that was 118 years ago. If past managers are being invited based on their managerial record then Ossie, El Tel and Goddle could never be on the list, of course they are legends so who cares how bad they were as managers? While we're stirring the pot, what about that AVB bloke? He holds the best all games win percentage of any manager since Frankie B, so will he get an invite? Right that's the cat booted in amongst the pigeons, I expect some people will be grumpy now.

Is it the act of a reasonable mature chairman to snub Timmy? Do we really give a fuck? Nah. SNUB HIM! Or not, I'm not arsed either way. I hope BMJ turns up in a 'Fuck you very much Levy' T shirt if he gets an invite.

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
I think that most peeps will know who is the record appearance holder for Spurs , and yes he should be there for the Man U game, , even I don't know who the 2nd most appearances player is ?? Who can tell me ? but no ones mentioned the player with the most trophies whilst playing for Spurs since 1980, surely he deserves to fe there......but who is he ??

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I think that most peeps will know who is the record appearance holder for Spurs , and yes he should be there for the Man U game, , even I don't know who the 2nd most appearances player is ?? Who can tell me ? but no ones mentioned the player with the most trophies whilst playing for Spurs since 1980, surely he deserves to fe there......but who is he ??
Not sure 2nd most apps,Jennings 673 must be up there,is the other maxi ?