By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Amazon tech stuff..... dot, echo etc.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
So... I got an FIB surveillance device for my Bday. I have also been thinking about getting a streaming service for a little while as I like the odd tune to hum along to as does the Mrs and my littlun is music and dancing mad.

So I went with the Amazon prime service (free 30 day trial) that gives me free next day delivery on almost anything from the internet, music and video streaming service and an optional audio book service for about £13 a month.

I was just wondering if anyone else has one, how they use it (other than making farting noises as my kids have been doing all day) and if there is any other comparable services.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
So... I got an FIB surveillance device for my Bday. I have also been thinking about getting a streaming service for a little while as I like the odd tune to hum along to as does the Mrs and my littlun is music and dancing mad.

So I went with the Amazon prime service (free 30 day trial) that gives me free next day delivery on almost anything from the internet, music and video streaming service and an optional audio book service for about £13 a month.

I was just wondering if anyone else has one, how they use it (other than making farting noises as my kids have been doing all day) and if there is any other comparable services.
Amazon Prime is brilliant mate. I have been using it for a few years and it's great if you want to buy stuff and not pay a delivery charge. Sometimes you look at a shiney that you want to buy and the delivery charge is more than the item - sorted. £79 per year is good value I reckon.

I will never, ever, ever have one of those things that spies on you in my house, never. I use the Amazon Fire doohickey to stream video and music, the video is bit pony, the occasional good stuff, but the music selection is very good. When the grand-daughters come round and say 'have you got any Little Mix' you can actually say yes!, then whack on some Black Sabbath to annoy them. Thousands of the tunes have the lyrics come up on the screen while they're playing - great for a sing-along. I have discovered some cracking artists I never knew about listening to the Amazon suggested playlists. The quality is really good, wired up to my hifi I can't hear the difference between most of my FLAC stuff and the streamed tunes.

Downloading stuff to the SD card on your pocket doodahs is great. I don't bother with audio books, they seen me off to sleep so I go the old fashioned route and read the fuckers (Ebooks of course, not them big old paper things).

Reactions: Yid
Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Yeah I get the spy shit, but I'll be totally honest mate, I have the most mundane boring existence known to man, so if they wanted to spy on me then they can crack on.

They'd be spying on a man that works, watches football, Harry Potter, the odd bit of Johnny Vaughn, and runs...

I do not partake in anything "exciting"... anymore.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I think i have opted for the unlimited one where i can set up 6 or 7 users... that way the skids can stream their shite while i stream mine. Think it was 140 a year with all the benefits tou mentioned above.

Think it also slows you to have even more music.

What I can't fathom out is where the music I "download" goes?

I can't find it on my device anywhere.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I think i have opted for the unlimited one where i can set up 6 or 7 users... that way the skids can stream their shite while i stream mine. Think it was 140 a year with all the benefits tou mentioned above.

Think it also slows you to have even more music.

What I can't fathom out is where the music I "download" goes?

I can't find it on my device anywhere.
I think it's downloaded to the Amazon music app in a encrypted hidden format, so you can't nick it! You can't download music to a 'puter only to IOS or android apps.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I think it's downloaded to the Amazon music app in a encrypted hidden format, so you can't nick it! You can't download music to a 'puter only to IOS or android apps.
BASTARDS... nicking it was exactly what I was going to do...!!!

Sneaky fucks.

wilson

wilson

Player in Training.
I’ve got a Dot. I personally love it and use it a lot but pretty much exclusively for music (radio, spotify) to be honest. I used to have Prime but sacked it off as I couldn’t warrant having it as well as Netflix and my Amazon purchases are normally over £20 anyway so get free standard shipping haha. I did have Amazon Music linked up to the Dot but now have it linked to my Spotify instead.