By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

An interesting,crazy,pivotal 14 days

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Well at least in most regards the fixture computer and league cup draw were kind to us in some ways.

The price of success has meant that from sundays match at home to the mackems,we have an interesting run of fixtures between then and the next international break on 8th/9th oct,not sure break is the correct term when most of our squad will be involved with england,france,belgium,wales maybe even austria;remember Wimmer eh??.
Plenty of chances for fringe players/new signings to stake a claim and hopefully put us on an unbeaten run heading into a very kind october schedule before "nightmare november".Nothing is ever won or lost in september,but the EFL cup and CL could be gone with defeats,losing to City would probably open a chasm up between us and the top of the table and the easier on paper fixtures against the two north-east clubs start to look like have to be won,especially this weekends curer to the Monaco result.Oh to be chelsea,everton or liverpool and not play them darn inconvenient european matches!!! (not really eh!)
Well,this is where we aspired to be,down to the manager and players to find their mojo now.Plenty of "reasons to be cheerful",we should see sissoko,janssen,GKN,maybe even edwards make starts,a chance for Onomah and perhaps another one of our own to step up (CCV perhaps?).We could easily win all of these matches,and then the buzz around this season could sweep us gloriously to something special,especially with west brom,bournemouth and leics our next PL opponents in october,not the worst run we could have had before the month of derbies in november.

Sun Sept 18th sunderland (home)
Weds Sept 21st gillingham (home) EFL cup
Sat Sept 24th `boro (away)
Tues Sept 27th CSKA (away) CL
Sun Oct 2nd man city (home)

Who wouldnt be thinking,win,win,win,win and then,wow a chance to do over Pep and the oil riggers at the lane again.I certainly am.
COME ON YOU SPURS!!!

Anyone got a problem with that?speak to Eric
CsbUg38WEAArBbQ.jpg

Last edited:
Thfcire

Thfcire

Founding Member
After Sunderland poch should tell dier and Harry fuck off see you Friday let them go away on the short break ,both look punctured not surprising neither have hardly had a break in 2-3 seasons and it's showing for me

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
After Sunderland poch should tell dier and Harry fuck off see you Friday let them go away on the short break ,both look punctured not surprising neither have hardly had a break in 2-3 seasons and it's showing for me
I am really looking forward to what we put out vs Gillingham,chance to show the squad off and let the key players get some R&R.Normally I am not a huge rotation fan when it puts going out of a competiton at risk,but I could put a top XI out with perhaps 1 or 2 that are regulars in the starting side (just for cohesion really),our squad is that deep now that we have to stay in that cup to give chances to 9 other top lads to get a chance and make their name.Its where I think chavs and liverpool will come unstuck,you cant keep 25 players on the go when you only have the PL and no europe,yes they are more rested but how outside the first eleven do you force your way into contention.

LakewoodSpur

LakewoodSpur

Founding Member
Spot on...this is precisely why we've improved the quality of our depth this season with Janssen, GKN, Sissoko, Wanyama.

Thfcire

Thfcire

Founding Member
I'm worried the rolo merchant has already rested a few of his players(ok with varying results).the top 4 will be stronger so the squad will get stretched .poch is probily the best manager in the league at getting a team fit so I believe in him but the two mentioned look a yard or two off the pace as the games get to 70-90 mins

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
The pivotal 14 days has gone pretty well so far

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
The pivotal 14 days has gone pretty well so far
Well in the good old fashioned spirit of the other place I fucking told you so :p
Who wouldnt be thinking,win,win,win,win and then,wow a chance to do over Pep and the oil riggers at the lane again.I certainly am.
Four wins from four almost makes the city game feel like a free hit,lets see what celtic can do for us tonight.We certainly should have no fear and maybe a fresh set of rose,dier,dembele,sissoko available and an on fire Son.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Eh so next thread "14 days later" ...........

WWWWW

_91494481_topofthepl.png

next round league cup
2nd in CL group top banana!!

Pivotal I say !!!