By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Any one good at solving boiler issues ?

birdonaball

birdonaball

Player in Training.
Seriously, anyone know anything about fixing boilers. The usual guy who fixes ours is a bit of stickler, he doesn't like other people interfering with his work, because he's installed and maintained it for us.

However, this is now day 3 in my house (in this fcuking weather may I add) with no GCH and no hot water.

The boiler keeps tripping out. Once the heating is running, the burner switches itself off and the element keeps running and there is no heat or hot water being produced. Basically it's like boiling a kettle with no water in. We keep having to reset the boiler and then it works for a period of time. Now that period of time has become zero.

Royally fed up here lads so any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Flump

Flump

Founding Member
Really sorry I can't offer any advice re an immediate fix but I would say don't fuck about waiting for your regular guy. Just get someone in who can do it asap so your water and heating is back up and running.

Ted the Yid

Ted the Yid

Founding Member
Would say the same, get a gas safe certified plumber in, preferably through word of mouth so he/she doesn't try to fleece you.

If you rent, speak to the landlord, should be their responsibility.

River

River

Administrator
Staff member
Depending on what brand it is id recommend getting in touch with these guys to see if they can help ( they cover more brands than their website says ) :

http://www.baxi.co.uk/index-c.htm

Saved me a small fortune before we moved house with every engineer telling me i needed a new boiler fort the best part of 3k - 5k. Me being a tight arse wasnt having any of that and after ringing around loads of people someone put me on to them guys above.

£300 notes later they replaced all the parts that needed replacing and those parts are now covered with them if they were to go wrong again. Cant complain at that, everyone else in the close replaced their boilers over the 10 years we were there, most likely for the same £300 reason.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Ehhhhhhhhhh..... needs a good servicing do ya eh eh eh...

Beta whip ma tool out and get to work reeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.........!!!

(No I'm afraid I know fuck all about almost anything that is technical in any kind of way)

birdonaball

birdonaball

Player in Training.
*sighs* Thanks guys, I knew it was a long shot but thought I'd ask anyway.

Will try the baxi people tomorrow, hope they can fit us in.

*goes back to freezing* why can't boilers break down in the summer:mad:

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Ehhhhhhhhhh..... needs a good servicing do ya eh eh eh...

Beta whip ma tool out and get to work reeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.........!!!

(No I'm afraid I know fuck all about almost anything that is technical in any kind of way)
Have you seen the Ingerlish thread ha ha!!!

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Sounds like the water pump is sticking. May need replaced but on occasion just tapping it with a hammer can loosen it up. Hard to say without actually looking at it but that's often why the boiler will trip. It thinks the water is hot as it isn't moving.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
If it's like mine you have have to keep the motor oiled about once every three months or so, or it can have problems. Funny, here I am on the other side of the pond having very similar problems--mine was just fixed. Not quite as cold here yet, and I fortunately have separate hot water.