By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

April the (coming) home straight.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Just 8 games to go in the league,a cup semi-final and hopefully final are all that is left for the history books in this season away,I say this before the media frenzy continues about unfair home wembley advantage in the cup just thought it is worth reiterating that we have played away all season,Wembley isnt home,or a home from home so FA cup devalued idealists get over it,we dont complain that united or chelsea have spent about a billion pounds more in the last decade,so 20 something games at wembley isnt really a game changer is it in that context,especially when you have lost at your real homes to sevilla or bournemouth.

Right got that off my chest,here is what awaits this month,FA cup glory and Champions League next year all in the mix as we chase top 4 for a 3rd successive season.and a mere 11pts needed to secure a non-tottering day year again by the irrelevance down the road.

April
1st Chelsea (A)
7th Stoke 04 (A)
14th Man City (H)
*sat evening FFS
17th Brighton (A)
21st Man U (A)
fa cup semi-final
30th Watford (H)

And in the interests of pure laziness here are the fixtures for May,please remember Newcastle (H) is TBA after changing this for the swansea fa cup game.

May
5th WBA (A)
last chance to go to hawthorns for few years!!
13th Leicester (H) last league match at wembley hoorah!!
TBA Newcastle (H) before 13th.

As usual notable fixtures for rivals
palace vs liverpool (normal banana skin this for them) everton vs liverpool,man city vs man utd,man utd vs arsenal,chelsea vs liverpool,

Plenty of good news for us in those games one way or other,but really a win this sunday will give us a comfortable gap in the race for top 4 and top london club,or a nervy few weeks trying to scrabble enough points to secure champions league at the new ground.And OFC Chas&Dave are ready with a new song for May,(they actually are),I say we need 9pts in april minimum (without the toon match),12 pts means woolwich can crawl back under their rock and we would be pretty nailed on top 4.At this time of year many biggus dickus are asking top 4 or FA cup what would you take,I say bollocks lets take both.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Just 8 games to go in the league,a cup semi-final and hopefully final are all that is left for the history books in this season away,I say this before the media frenzy continues about unfair home wembley advantage in the cup just thought it is worth reiterating that we have played away all season,Wembley isnt home,or a home from home so FA cup devalued idealists get over it,we dont complain that united or chelsea have spent about a billion pounds more in the last decade,so 20 something games at wembley isnt really a game changer is it in that context,especially when you have lost at your real homes to sevilla or bournemouth.

Right got that off my chest,here is what awaits this month,FA cup glory and Champions League next year all in the mix as we chase top 4 for a 3rd successive season.and a mere 11pts needed to secure a non-tottering day year again by the irrelevance down the road.

April
1st Chelsea (A)
7th Stoke 04 (A)
14th Man City (H)
*sat evening FFS
17th Brighton (A)
21st Man U (A)
fa cup semi-final
30th Watford (H)

And in the interests of pure laziness here are the fixtures for May,please remember Newcastle (H) is TBA after changing this for the swansea fa cup game.

May
5th WBA (A)

palace vs liverpool (normal banana skin this for them) everton vs liverpool,man city vs man utd,man utd vs arsenal,chelsea vs liverpool,

Plenty of good news for us in those games one way or other,but really a win this sunday will give us a comfortable gap in the race for top 4 and top london club,or a nervy few weeks trying to scrabble enough points to secure champions league at the new ground.And OFC Chas&Dave are ready with a new song for May,(they actually are),I say we need 9pts in april minimum (without the toon match),12 pts means woolwich can crawl back under their rock and we would be pretty nailed on top 4.At this time of year many biggus dickus are asking top 4 or FA cup what would you take,I say bollocks lets take both.
Great post. I suspect 11 points before Newcastle and May.

conor1

conor1

Founding Member

April
1st Chelsea (A)
7th Stoke 04 (A)
14th Man City (H)
*sat evening FFS
17th Brighton (A)
21st Man U (A)
fa cup semi-final
30th Watford (H)

May
5th WBA (A)

3pt vs the chavs would rip the heart out of everyone around us. We have to end that hoodoo sometime and no better time than this weekend. Really fancy us for 2nd again and the cup. What a season it would be. I know its boring mate but if ever there was a one game at a time mentality its now, having said that, this is my prediction for april;

1st Chelsea (A) 3pts
7th Stoke 04 (A) 3pts
14th Man City (H) 1pt
17th Brighton (A) 3pts
21st Man U (A)
Win in extra time
30th Watford (H) 3pts

So that's 13pts and a cup final to!! I'd snap your arm off for 11pts going into May cos I reckon we win all the games in May. That's 83pts/81pts. Very doable

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Its not a gimmie... but as long as we turn up, focused and perform to the level were capable of we have every chance of doing what we need and a bit more...!!!

Big run of games for this entire club imo, as the move to a new stadium and consistent champions league appearances are what the new clients of the new lane will expect foe their premium experience.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Heart says we beat Chelsea, Head says we draw....when has the head ever been a factor in football?? Let's beat the fuckers, it's about bloody time and then lets beat them again in May, just for the fun of it.

conor1

conor1

Founding Member
Heart says we beat Chelsea, Head says we draw....when has the head ever been a factor in football?? Let's beat the fuckers, it's about bloody time and then lets beat them again in May, just for the fun of it.
What a way to end the season!!

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
Probably lose to chavs, city and utd in one month just to make my mood even better

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member

April
1st Chelsea (A)
7th Stoke 04 (A)
14th Man City (H)
*sat evening FFS
17th Brighton (A)
21st Man U (A)
fa cup semi-final
30th Watford (H)

May
5th WBA (A)

It is the beginning of a new era, or the end of an old one, Chas n Dave's first new songs album in 30 years, and they're only playing the Albert fucking Hall on the 28th April innit? Gertcha! Will Levy book them for the grand opening? I don't care, I don't care, I don't care.......

I think their 'special' song might be a new version of Rabbit:

You've got a beautiful team
You've got a beautiful ground
You've got a beautiful cheese room
You've got taste

You've got beautiful players
You've got a beautiful Poch
You've got a lot without a doubt
But I'm thinking 'bout blowing you out, 'cause

You won't stop charging
Why don't you give it a rest?
You want more money than Bill Gates
It's time you got it off your chest

Now you was just the type of team to break my heart in two
I knew right off when I first clapped my eyes on you
But how was I to know you'd take my money too ,
With your incessant charging?
You're becoming a pest

Money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money (money, money, money, money)

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Won't lose again this season.

Bookmark it.
Well we might - City home if they haven't won the league by then. But what I'm reasonably certain of is another end of season goal fest against teams that are 'on the beach'. Remember the results against Hull and Leicester 6 & 7 following that horrendous loss to Newcastle. Poch and the players won't have forgotten that and it gives Harry a golden boot chance. We've got Stoke & Brighton away, WBA away, Watford, Newcastle, Leicester and City at home. Harry could get 10+ in that lot I'm sure if we really go for it.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Well we might - City home if they haven't won the league by then. But what I'm reasonably certain of is another end of season goal fest against teams that are 'on the beach'. Remember the results against Hull and Leicester 6 & 7 following that horrendous loss to Newcastle. Poch and the players won't have forgotten that and it gives Harry a golden boot chance. We've got Stoke & Brighton away, WBA away, Watford, Newcastle, Leicester and City at home. Harry could get 10+ in that lot I'm sure if we really go for it.

After watching Liverpool dismantle them this morning I don't think we should be fearing them at Wembley. They will probably have the League stitched up by then anyway and might rotate a bit and take the foot off the accelerator.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
After watching Liverpool dismantle them this morning I don't think we should be fearing them at Wembley. They will probably have the League stitched up by then anyway and might rotate a bit and take the foot off the accelerator.
It will be a cracking game at Wembley if United force a draw at the weekend and Liverpool knock them out next Tuesday night.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
9pts for Guaranteed top 4,6pts to celebrate StFinishedabovethescum day.

DaWw1FVWkAE46Vk.jpg

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
We'll probably win all of those except somehow manage to lose at The Hawthorns.

conor1

conor1

Founding Member
City not winning the league would be the same as us not finishing at least 4th. Just aint gonna happen. Can't see us loosing a game in the run in.