By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Arsenal A (Carrier bag Cup) 20:00 Wed 19th Dec 2018

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
NLD.jpg

This is a huge game, every NLD is huge and we owe them a thumping. Win this and two more games and we get a shiney. I want a shiney,

Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur

196 Meetings Arsenal have played Tottenham Hotspur 196 times in all competitions.

First Match Their first match was in the United League on Monday, 9 November 1896. Arsenal were playing at home that day and the final score was Arsenal ( Woolwich Arsenal ) 2 Tottenham Hotspur 1 .

Last Match The latest meeting between these two teams was a Premier League game on Sunday, 2 December 2018, the score was Arsenal 4 Tottenham Hotspur 2.

Highest Goals in Game - 9

Premier League, Saturday, 13 November 2004, Tottenham Hotspur 4 Arsenal 5

Head to Head Competitions

League Division One
110 matches played, Arsenal won 46, lost 40 and drew 24.

Premier League
53 matches played, Arsenal won 20, lost 12 and drew 21.

League Cup
13 matches played, Arsenal won 7, lost 3 and drew 3.

FA Cup
6 matches played, Arsenal won 4, lost 2 and drew 0.

London League
6 matches played, Arsenal won 2, lost 3 and drew 1.

United League
6 matches played, Arsenal won 2, lost 2 and drew 2.

Southern and District Combination League
2 matches played, Arsenal won 1, lost 1 and drew 0.

All Competitions
In all the 196 matches Arsenal have played against Tottenham Hotspur they have won 82 lost 63 and drawn 51 matches.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Do you know what? No of course you don’t, so I’ll tell you..... I don’t give a fuck about the stats, the history, who won what, when and where, it’s all about the next game. We need to go there and piss on their firework, oooops Southampton beat us to it, so we need to stamp on their pissed on firework, get a bit of own back. Everyone has had a rest against Burnley and stayed in the warm, well except Eric but he’s poorly. Get well soon Eric.

We’ll win this 3-2 or 2-1 or 12-11 or something, anyway it will be close but we’ll win, but it will be close. I bet we both pretend we’re playing weaker teams and we don’t.......let’s see. Someone kick Ramsey please, quite hard, thanks

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
1f539.png
@mousadembele (ankle) and @Serge_aurier (groin) are continuing with on-field rehabilitation.
1f539.png
@ericdier (appendicitis) is continuing his recovery following surgery to remove his appendix.
1f539.png
@JanVertonghen (thigh) – injury sustained against Barcelona and expected to return to training in January.
1f539.png
@VictorWanyama (knee) is progressing with rehabilitation and has now commenced gym work.

1f539.png
@JuanMFoyth (thigh)
1f539.png
@daosanchez26 (hamstring) Both have returned to training with the squad.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
From the club site

Juan Foyth is back in the fold for our Carabao Cup quarter-final at Arsenal on Wednesday night.
The defender has missed our last three games with a thigh injury but has returned to training with the squad. Davinson Sanchez (hamstring) is also back in training after being sidelined for a month.
Mauricio Pochettino reported: "Juan Foyth is going to be in the squad. Davinson is so close. That is good news. We have a very busy fixture schedule ahead and the most important thing is the spirit and how we will approach the games."
Serge Aurier (groin) and Mousa Dembele (ankle) are continuing with on-field rehabilitation and Victor Wanyama (knee) is progressing with rehabilitation and has now commenced gym work.
Jan Vertonghen is expected to return to training in January after picking up a thigh injury against Barcelona while Eric Dier (Appendicitis) continues his recovery following surgery to remove his appendix.
Gazzaniga to start

firstteam_paulogazzaniga_psv.jpg

Meanwhile, Mauricio indicated that Paulo Gazzaniga would take over in goal from Hugo Lloris at the Emirates. Paulo has played in both of our Carabao Cup ties so far against Watford and West Ham.
Asked about Paulo in his pre-match press conference, Mauricio replied: "Yes, he's going to play. Hugo needs to breathe a little and after playing against Watford and West Ham, I think Paulo deserves to play."

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Totally irrelevant and pointless, but I was talking to someone yesterday about English football and we were wondering if Premier League teams had more English players would the national side do better?Spurs of course lead the way in using homegrown talent, so I thought I'd do a quick comparison between us and the goons in the PL this season.

Spurs - 9 English players used in Premiership games, 5,879 minutes played.
Goons - 2 English players used in Premiership games, 954 minutes played.

1545214970566.png
1545214886807.png

Stats are fun eh? Even when they are fecking useless! Of course I don't have an problem with Europeans playing in the Premiership or working in our hospitals or contributing so generously as they have for many years to the economy and diversity of the country, but maybe there should be a minimum number of home grown players in PL sides? Not of course the daft rules they have at the moment, but proper English players who can develop and play for the national side.

I expect when they loonies get the Precious they will be demanding that Eriksen, Dembele, Vertonghen, Lloris, Aldereiweld, Llorente, Vorm annd GKN (is he still here?) are sent home immediately? I seem to be in a self-contradictory mood this morning innit? First I'm banging on about their not being enough English players in the premier League then I'm saying that i want those splendid chaps and all the other splendid chaps and ladies from the EU to be welcome here. Actually that sounds like a great idea, freedom of movement for football players, hospital staff, service industry people, agricultural workers and anybody else who wants to contribute, the ability to make our own rules and boot out anyone who wants to milk the system and a prosperous future for all.. That would be a triffic system, oh hang on a minute - that's exactly the same as the current one.

Some of the European leagues have rules allowing only 3 foreign players (foreign is defined as being non-EU players),I expect the loonies will demand similar rules in the PL when they get their way. Actually that could be a Brexit benefit, the first one I have ever been able to find - with the 9 English players we have already used, Ben Davies and some of our academy players we would win the Premier league easily, the other clubs would have to ask blokes in the crowd to play. Fucking blimey the elusive B-benefit has been found, that only leaves about 900 more and I will be changing my mind.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Get a nose bag on him and heel be sweet for a few hours...

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Need to work a little harder to close down and win the ball back. Eric and Mousa look a bit sluggish...

Played well in spells and Mousa just spunked his moment for legendary status...

Good game overall with our keeper doing well.... apart from that one time.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Not gonna lie I love Sissoko, one day he’s going to kill a keeper with a shot scoring the goal of the century. Probably not tonight though

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Players reminding Poch where the talent is?

Reactions: Yid
Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Great result... average performance.

We've gotta win this cup, we deserve a shiny.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Dodged a bullet and drew Chelsea in the semi final - could have been Burton! I enjoyed that game, especially Dele's goal, totally bossed those nasty goons.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Dodged a bullet and drew Chelsea in the semi final - could have been Burton! I enjoyed that game, especially Dele's goal, totally bossed those nasty goons.
I did too, and I can't say that I always enjoy NLDs. This one was weird, other than maybe the last 10 minutes of the first half, it just felt sort of routine and professional. Gazza made some good saves, but I never thought they would win at any point.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Really wanted burton just for the away day, but will have take beating the chavs and goons en route to the final against Burton.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Isn't the semi final played over two legs? If so are we home or away first?

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Loved every second of that.....we only had two shots!! Dele is a Rolls Royce footballer, in the company of others like Eriksen, Kane, Son, etc.

Wonderful night of retribution. Fuck off Gooners

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
We were brilliant for first 40 mins after that we stopped a bit. Great goal by dele