By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Arsenal (A) PL Sun 1st September 2019

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member

I hope we see an improvement for this game. I told myself yesterday that I wouldn't bother watching the game, but I will, of course. It's early days in the season, but we need to keep the goons in their place.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
This game could be a catalyst..... for good or bad.

Havent been this worried by a NLD for a while.

They're playing well going forwards and will score goals... with the help of agent Luiz and friends they will continue to leak goals for the time being.

We wont worry their shaky defence however if we dont sort out our creativity and give the forward players the amunition to fire the guns.

Just a proper performance is necessary.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Dunno what to say about that performance. Just seemed devoid of any ideas to getting round a defence which was well organised. They left no space in the middle and we couldn't find the right balls from the wing. Loads of the ball but couldn't do anything with it.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
One positive here is that Arsenal will come at us. This gives us on opportunity to go right back at them with pace.

There should be plenty of goals.

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
Feels like old times, going into the week of a NLD shitting bricks! If the sun is shining, and I've had a drink, I think an open match like this is likely to be just the ticket for us. During darker moments, I fear Lacazette like the reaper and smell sulphur wherever I turn.

But regardless of what's gone on, I reckon the lads will at least be up for it. That could bode ill if the scum play it smart, but I'm not sure they have it in them just yet.

Can't say how I hope we'll shape up, because what we've been doing thus far hasn't worked, but I can't think of many alternatives. Alli to come on at the hour for a couple crafty headers would be nice, but we don't have many secret weapons lying about. I'm hoping this is the time for Sonny to shine. He showed flashes of almost-brilliant on Sunday (before they were unceremoniously snuffed out) but if anyone's hungry, it'll be him.

Hoping the result, whatever it turns out to be, clears the air of whatever fart-stench has been lingering and unites the dressing room. COYS!!!

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
Oh yeah, and where's the best place in London to watch this? Short of the away section at the library, I mean.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Dunno what to say about that performance. Just seemed devoid of any ideas to getting round a defence which was well organised. They left no space in the middle and we couldn't find the right balls from the wing. Loads of the ball but couldn't do anything with it.
Are you psychic mate? I hope not - unless you are talking about the goons, then the tea-leaves never lie!

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Oh yeah, and where's the best place in London to watch this? Short of the away section at the library, I mean.
I’ll behind my sofa, i’m sure they’ll be other sofas available!

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Just get Jan and Cristian on the pitch from the start. Jan is head and shoulders above Davinson and we all know Cristian is pretty much the only player in our squad that can pick that killer pass on a consistent basis. I like Winksy, he’s very neat and tidy with the ball at his feet, and good at keeping possession and recycling the ball from side to side but 2 assists in 60 odd pl appearances shows that he has very little impact in the final third. Poch swallow your pride, if that’s what it is (no idea) and get our best XI out there.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
This match could be a disaster. KWP and Rose could really be exposed here. Hope Ndomdele is ready for this one, because we need him. Would like to just sit him and Sissoko in the middle with Moura and Son flanking Eriksen up front and Kane on top. Would love to see Vert but I am guessing that ship has sailed. Davison has looked very shaky back there. Not sure if it's just playing on the left or if he's regressed, but he is not quite the same. I think we are better but I am not confident at all. Please win.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Are you psychic mate? I hope not - unless you are talking about the goons, then the tea-leaves never lie!
Lol. Was meant to post in the newcastle thread... what a wally

deejbah

deejbah

Player in Training.
We don't often win there, these games often go against form and neither team has been playing great so who the fuck knows what will happen.

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
I’ll behind my sofa, i’m sure they’ll be other sofas available!
Haha, that would be my venue of choice. But I'll be 3000 miles from mine. Any pubs anyone can recommend? We're staying in Shoreditch, but are mobile if there's a place other yids are likely to be.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
This match could be a disaster. KWP and Rose could really be exposed here. Hope Ndomdele is ready for this one, because we need him. Would like to just sit him and Sissoko in the middle with Moura and Son flanking Eriksen up front and Kane on top. Would love to see Vert but I am guessing that ship has sailed. Davison has looked very shaky back there. Not sure if it's just playing on the left or if he's regressed, but he is not quite the same. I think we are better but I am not confident at all. Please win.
KWP is injured,it will be dier or sissoko RB,apparently aurier will be sold before monday according to reports?
Feel happier now??well Dier was a RB so I hope he gets the nod if so.Who knew we were short of RB options,oh yeah everybody.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Haha, that would be my venue of choice. But I'll be 3000 miles from mine. Any pubs anyone can recommend? We're staying in Shoreditch, but are mobile if there's a place other yids are likely to be.
I would say go N17 and watch in the bricklayers,or Bill Nic,you can walk around the ground and pretty sure you wont find any scum fans in those places.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
KWP is injured,it will be dier or sissoko RB,apparently aurier will be sold before monday according to reports?
Feel happier now??well Dier was a RB so I hope he gets the nod if so.Who knew we were short of RB options,oh yeah everybody.

Oh yeah, totally better. Thanks!o_O Honestly, Dier might be perfect for a match like this. A few well-timed challenges with a little extra in it to restore a little order.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Oh yeah, totally better. Thanks!o_O Honestly, Dier might be perfect for a match like this. A few well-timed challenges with a little extra in it to restore a little order.
:oops:

@RyanSessegnon
(hamstring): Concluding late stages of conditioning before returning to training with squad.

@JuanMFoyth
(ankle): Progressing well and continuing on-field rehab.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
So we don't have a right back... Interesting! Bit of a conundrum 3 games in to the season!

Be nice to see a few faces back this week. Alli, Eriksen, Vert, Ben davies are all players I'd try and bring in. Rose just hasn't looked interested and we keep getting done between left full back and centre.

I'd like to see a bit more of Lo Celso at some stage aswell. See if he's made for an NLD.

I've chilled out a bit more now and feel I can just enjoy the game.

Fuck it 3-1 Spurs.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Fuck knows what kind of team he's gonna put out today. I'd line to see Jan at the back if he's fit as he's boss, and he'll make sure rose is in position when we gotta defend. Saw the Newcastle goal again yesterday and looks to me like Sanchez tells rose to mark the player so he can cover the space and rose does fuck all. Rose is usually up for a derby though... We certainly need some passion and desire out there today. If Poch is gonna piss about with Sissoko at RB again then Dier and Winks in the midfield positions isn't bad option as they both know how big this game is. We just need to be quicker in our play imo as been far too slow for a while now. If Alli is ready I'd have him in behind Kane too as he's got passion for this game... I suppose another big question is does Eriksen start or not... if he doesn't start I'd assume they're still hoping to move him on before tomorrow's deadline, I'd like Kane up top with Eriksen, Alli, Son as the three behind tbh. Means we got Lamela, Lo Celso and Moura as options later in the game.

I'm nervous, excited, confident, not confident but most of all confused (confusion is a normal state of mind for me). Looking forward to this game but not looking forward to this game at the same time. This one conjures up some strange feelings for me...

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I have chosen to not watch... I'm a fucking pussy I know but if I watch and we play shit and loose I will become the big, angry, grumpy man that the other people around me don't like as much... I feel myself getting a little that way waiting for the game to start so I'm tuning out now...!!!

So I'm going out with the fam, phone switched off for a couple of hours and I will catch it all later once I cant fuck up anyone elses day by me being a moody cunt.

My screaming profanities at the TV wont change anything other than my blood pressure...

Good luck lads.... COYFS...!!!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I don't think anyone can have a problem with that lineup. Jan and Christian both start, that's to be the best team we can field at the moment. Lucas on in the second half, is Dele fully fit?

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Fucking get in.... Kanes obligatory goal in the NLD!!!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
That's better! It would have been nice to hold on to the 2 goal advantage, but there will be plenty more opportunities in the second half to get it back.

How the fuck is Xhaka still on the pitch? Not even a booking for a studs up assault in the area, it doesn't matter if he connected or not - that is a red card all day long, have they not put 50p in the VAR electricity meter? VAR wasn't even needed actually, fucking obvious red card.

COYS! Let's start the comeback today!