By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Aston Villa (H) PL Sat 10th August 17:30

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member

The 2020 season is here at last. Lots of fun rule changes and VAR controversies to look forward to, no more excuses about our home ground, All the new players we have bought over the summer will be hitting the ground running won't you Mr Tangay? I hope Levy will get a few more signed before 17:00 on Thursday, otherwise he will feel the sharp edge of an intense stare from Spain.

163 Meetings

Tottenham Hotspur have played Aston Villa 163 times in all competitions, they won 72 lost 56 and drawn 35 matches.

First Match

Their first match was in the FA Cup on Saturday, 7 March 1903. Tottenham Hotspur were playing at home that day and the final score was Tottenham Hotspur 2 Aston Villa 3 .

Last Match

The latest meeting between these two teams was a FA Cup game on Sunday, 8 January 2017, the score was Tottenham Hotspur 2 Aston Villa 0.

Highest Goals in Game - 10

League Division One, Saturday, 19 March 1966, Tottenham Hotspur 5 Aston Villa 5

Last edited:
skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Poch doesn't believe Dele Alli will be ready for the start of the season after his hamstring injury.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Are we ready for a new season? I'm not. The Ashes has only just started and early August when many people are still on their summer hols, doesn't need football. It's go so bad I've even got to take my wife to this. We haven't even sorted out our transfer dealing yet, Levy needs at least a couple more months to save an extra £1.63 on the Lo Celso deal. Jesus. Well done on getting another black French bloke with a surname starting with a capital 'N' though. We needed one of those, bbecause it's worked out so well in the past. (secretly pleased, ignore the sarcasm)

So Villa,...Saturday 5.30pm, who the fuck knows? we know that they have Grealish don't know much about the other 10, Oh Heaton from Burnley is in goal. Usually one of these promoted teams does quite well for a few weeks and then drop down the table like a stone. let's hope it's Norwich or Sheffield United and not Villa. We've had a good pre-season I think and look fit and sharp. I think we win this 3-1 maybe even 4-1, with a Kane hatrick and one from Moura.

Team might look something like this hopefully

Hugo
KWP, Toby, Vertonghen,Rose
NDombele, Sissoko
Moura, Eriksen,Lamela
Kane

That should be too much for them, unless they defend like a Claret and Blue bus and win 1-0 from a corner in the 87th minute. That couldn't happen could it?

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Are we ready for a new season? I'm not. The Ashes has only just started and early August when many people are still on their summer hols, doesn't need football. It's go so bad I've even got to take my wife to this. We haven't even sorted out our transfer dealing yet, Levy needs at least a couple more months to save an extra £1.63 on the Lo Celso deal. Jesus. Well done on getting another black French bloke with a surname starting with a capital 'N' though. We needed one of those, bbecause it's worked out so well in the past. (secretly pleased, ignore the sarcasm)

So Villa,...Saturday 5.30pm, who the fuck knows? we know that they have Grealish don't know much about the other 10, Oh Heaton from Burnley is in goal. Usually one of these promoted teams does quite well for a few weeks and then drop down the table like a stone. let's hope it's Norwich or Sheffield United and not Villa. We've had a good pre-season I think and look fit and sharp. I think we win this 3-1 maybe even 4-1, with a Kane hatrick and one from Moura.

Team might look something like this hopefully

Hugo
KWP, Toby, Vertonghen,Rose
NDombele, Sissoko
Moura, Eriksen,Lamela
Kane

That should be too much for them, unless they defend like a Claret and Blue bus and win 1-0 from a corner in the 87th minute. That couldn't happen could it?

Can't bloody wait for this now! Dunno what he's gonna do with the attack and midfield combos but I'm sure whoever plays we'll have too much for them. I'm not at this one but should be at Newcastle game in a couple of weeks.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Dele Alli - Hamstring Ben Davies - Groin Juan Foyth - Ankle Heung-Min Son - Suspended Serge Aurier - Hand Ryan Sessengon - Hamstring

Victor Wanyama and Eric Dier have returned full training while new signings Tanguy Ndombele and Giovani Lo Celso are available.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Does anyone know why exactly Aurier can't play with a broken hand? Was he planning on swatting players? Playing keeper? He punched a wall and broke his hand. I can't see how that's our problem. Put some padding on the paw and suck it up.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Does anyone know why exactly Aurier can't play with a broken hand? Was he planning on swatting players? Playing keeper? He punched a wall and broke his hand. I can't see how that's our problem. Put some padding on the paw and suck it up.
He should be docked his wages if he's done that the silly cunt. He gets paid to be fit and available and isn't because of his own actions. He's a fucking liability.

Reactions: Yid
Yid

Yid

Founding Member
He should be docked his wages if he's done that the silly cunt. He gets paid to be fit and available and isn't because of his own actions. He's a fucking liability.
Took the words of my mouth...

Petulant little prick

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Whilst I'm happy with the transfer window I'd have liked to have kept trippier and fucked aurier off instead.
I dont rate him.... he is a rick waiting to happen. BAE all over again

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
I dont rate him.... he is a rick waiting to happen. BAE all over again
Benny could play but was calm he seemed not bothered, Serge seems like a nut job. I'd quite like to hang out with disco Benny but I'd be worried for my own safety round Aurier.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
How's he going to give away a penalty if he can't grab properly?

Wait... hold on... Get him on that field Poch!!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Apparently there is concern over jan,but rested for city next game not too serious,and looks like streaky can do one then.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Tanguy looks like he's carrying a fair bit of extra timber.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
1. Have we won a defensive header?
2. Have we not practiced crossing in pre-season?
3. Where is the midfield creativity?
4. Winks is fantastic!
5. Rose will be a tough act to follow for whoever we replace him with!
6. H hasn't had a kick yet!
7. Ndom will take time.
8. Can Villa keep this up?

Roll on 2nd half.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
1. Have we won a defensive header?
2. Have we not practiced crossing in pre-season?
3. Where is the midfield creativity?
4. Winks is fantastic!
5. Rose will be a tough act to follow for whoever we replace him with!
6. H hasn't had a kick yet!
7. Ndom will take time.
8. Can Villa keep this up?

Roll on 2nd half.
1 Yes
2 No - if only we had someone like Trippier
3 Dunno
4 Yep, hope he's not injured
5 Yep
6 1 or 2 - He isn't allowed to score in August
7 Yep
8 Nope

9 Good to see Lamella start a game
10 KWP is looking good

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
11 Is Chris Kavanagh a good addition to the PL refs list? No.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
12. Everything seems a bit hectic, think we just need to think a little, just calm down!

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Absolutely buzzing with that performance, especially in the last 30 mins, no coincidence that was when Eriksen entered the fray, he was quality. Ndom got better as the match went on, incredible how quickly he seemed to get up to speed, KWP, Moussa and Rosey were fantastic as well and Harry without seeing much of the ball for 80 odd mins, does what he does best.

Special mention to the crowd as well, sometimes it's tough to pick up what the atmosphere is like thru the tv but it sounded like the place was absolutely jumping throughout. So happy, good times ahead, all without Alli, Sonny with Lo Celso waiting in the wings,...tasty!

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Very professional performance, ratcheted up the pressure and a pretty impressive Villa team broke in the end. At the same time, if we do sell Eriksen, we better hope Lo Celso adapts to PL very quickly. Changed the game.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
1. Poch changed the game by going to a 4-4-2.
2. Eriksen gave us what we missed, that creative impetus.
3. Villa will get points this season playing like that.
4. Lamella looks soooo up for it.
5. Ndom has got serious ability and that goal will help him settle.
6. GNK worries the shit out of me.
7. Great result.
8. Believe in Poch.

C

corroded

Player in Training.

Cudicini got into a motorbike accident, apparently they aren't allowed them. He just got one anyway. If I remember the story right.