By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Aston Villa (H) PL Sat 10th August 17:30

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Roll on 2nd half.
Nailed it mate. Weird old game, we looked way off just huff and puff until Eriksen came on, then he with a change in formation, made everything work. Just feed him tapas and pay him £200k a week. Simple.

Well played KWP and Rose, the others were t bad for the last 20 mins either. We’re off and running that’s what counts, easy game next week and after that we have Dele, Lo Celso, Son, Jan to come back....that’s a hell of a quartet.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Good result in the end. Kept at them and deserved the win. We made it bloody hard for ourselves though.

Ndombele needs to chill out. Trying to hard. He looked far better after the goal though.

We were all over the place in the first half. Still to slow in possession for my liking. Not enough movement.

Watching City and Liverpool we do look a bit behind, but we kept at it. What a difference Eriksen makes. It's scary.

Comfortable enough win, but we defo need to be more ruthless.

Villa look a decent unit though. Well organised. They'll grab points playing like that.

This is odd

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
He should be docked his wages if he's done that the silly cunt. He gets paid to be fit and available and isn't because of his own actions. He's a fucking liability.
Perhaps he was practicising taking throw ins properly and had a wall there to stop him doing it wrongly.
Thank god he didn’t play I thought KWP ,rose and Winks , for the first 75 minutes were easily our better players

Reactions: Yid
Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
In first half Winks Rose and KWP ( always has a MOTM performance first and last game of the season ) were best in the first half .
Kavanagh , dont go and talk to the goalie about wasting time , after the 3rd time just book him , and he won’t do it again (I know it gives you and the other 40+ refs a nice rest , but ffs we come to watch football.
Stupid law , if it hit the ref , So Fucking what , just play on , this stupid law of giving it back to the team in possession is bollox .
Anyway petition needed to ensure Neil’s missus comes to every game, apart from 1 draw , we always win
My mate did his normal Ht Down , Win at full time £30 down at 28-1 , and that has paid for next years season ticket , well almost

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Thought KWP was our best today. Looked really composed and bombed forward at the right times. Seems to have a really high football IQ.

Lamela was superb. Kane and Ndombélé will get the plaudits for the goals but the winner came from Lamela sniffing out the opportunity to steal the pill off Grealish. The one thing I admire above all else about Lamela is his willingness to keep working his ring off when things aren’t quite happening for him. That work ethic created the chance for Kane.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Bit of a slow start to the season even though we got the win. I really don't think all 3 of winks, sissoko, and Ndombele should be on the pitch at the same time and if they are let's not have Sissoko being the one furthest forward as offered nothing in or around the box. We quite clearly looked better when Eriksen came on. Don't think it was just because Eriksen is creative but also players were more in their natural positions then. Both Tungay and Sissoko were better when Eriksen was on, as was Lamela and Kane. Good strike from Tungay but looks like he's got a bit tubby since the games I watched him in the CL last season. Struggled along with everyone at times but a good strike to level it up. Now we get to the man that is Harry Kane, I've run out of superlatives for this guy but as you start creating he gets amongst the goals, the first a good penalty box strikers goal got a bit lucky with the bounce but was all over it from there with a good finish but the second goal was real classy nice bit of curl and straight into the bottom corner.

A bit worried about the Jan scenario but hope all is fine. Think we still need to let the new lads settle and get GLC, Son, and Alli back before we'll be anywhere near our best but picking up points until then is a must, next up though is those cunts in blue.... Turn up, play well and hope for the best. COYS

Reactions: Yid
skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
To answer some comments,I think no need to worry about Jan or eriksen,toby had a cold spell with poch,nkoudou as well,if they are right mentally&physically they will play.Also with city next weekend,where is the harm in rotating before that?or if Jan has been naughty,well poch is dealing with it.I see no problem here,jan attended the game,christian came on and was motivated.The manager is just managing.
Whatever we say about the 1st half,moura should have put us one up,kane should have equalised,suckered with a break away on a rare villa foray,yeah could have defended better,but teams are allowed to score against us.And for all the slow build up,we were missing Son and Dele,two key players to unblock a bus,lo celso,sessegnon not ready,jan "rested",eriksen point made,Yes I was shouting at the telly a bit,its quite normal to vent verbally!

Its so reassuring that like the end of last year,when we can be losing,we dont lose belief,step it up,and expect to do amazing things in the last 15 mins.Poor plucky villa,my fucking arse,just this years west brom,how many teams have to get beat to learn that even if it takes 85mins,top teams will just wear you down eventually,may as well have a go than merely dig in,let us have the ball and camp in their half..14 corners to 0,31 shots to 7,70% of the ball to 30%,really you dont have to be a genius to predict an outcome if those are the stats.
Yes time wasting,Lamela gets booked for being subbed,and Heaton wastes 10 mins of villas possesion stat taking goal kicks without a card.it is a blight on the game time wasting,2nd half we had 3 goals,6 subs,a var reveue for a penalty claim,heaton faffing about wasting time,getting warned and 3 mins only added on.Its not because we needed time to change the result,its time people pay a lot of money for,and especially frustrating when one player can tactically use that too much over and over.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
To answer some comments,I think no need to worry about Jan or eriksen,toby had a cold spell with poch,nkoudou as well,if they are right mentally&physically they will play.Also with city next weekend,where is the harm in rotating before that?or if Jan has been naughty,well poch is dealing with it.I see no problem here,jan attended the game,christian came on and was motivated.The manager is just managing.
Whatever we say about the 1st half,moura should have put us one up,kane should have equalised,suckered with a break away on a rare villa foray,yeah could have defended better,but teams are allowed to score against us.And for all the slow build up,we were missing Son and Dele,two key players to unblock a bus,lo celso,sessegnon not ready,jan "rested",eriksen point made,Yes I was shouting at the telly a bit,its quite normal to vent verbally!

Its so reassuring that like the end of last year,when we can be losing,we dont lose belief,step it up,and expect to do amazing things in the last 15 mins.Poor plucky villa,my fucking arse,just this years west brom,how many teams have to get beat to learn that even if it takes 85mins,top teams will just wear you down eventually,may as well have a go than merely dig in,let us have the ball and camp in their half..14 corners to 0,31 shots to 7,70% of the ball to 30%,really you dont have to be a genius to predict an outcome if those are the stats.
Yes time wasting,Lamela gets booked for being subbed,and Heaton wastes 10 mins of villas possesion stat taking goal kicks without a card.it is a blight on the game time wasting,2nd half we had 3 goals,6 subs,a var reveue for a penalty claim,heaton faffing about wasting time,getting warned and 3 mins only added on.Its not because we needed time to change the result,its time people pay a lot of money for,and especially frustrating when one player can tactically use that too much over and over.
Great points. Think we'll get better as the weeks go by. Just hope everyone is fit, ready, and up to speed for the north London derby.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I loved the opening game of the season, so Spursy, but great atmosphere in the second half and all four goals right in front of us, 3 points happy days

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Went to bed straight after watching MOTD, as you do when you're not a race monster anymore. Anyway the mrs Just called me to say that whilst I was asleep I kept waking here up and asking "where's Mauricio?"

I fucking love that guy.

Edit: I meant rave monster

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
So true this,rather than run around wasting time celebrating a debut goal,just wants to win the game,that is a poch player right there.

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
So you’ve just got
If you hadn't worked it yet, I kinda like the guy already.
So you’ve just got married and you’re talking about Mauricio in your sleep and kinda liking Ndombele,I suggest you start going out clubbing again , with the mrs and get a babysitter in for the night , or she’ll start worrying.
I suppose she’s happy she knows it’s all about spurs and not a random James or Tristan

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
So you’ve just got

So you’ve just got married and you’re talking about Mauricio in your sleep and kinda liking Ndombele,I suggest you start going out clubbing again , with the mrs and get a babysitter in for the night , or she’ll start worrying.
I suppose she’s happy she knows it’s all about spurs and not a random James or Tristan
I'm just glad it wasn't some random tarts name as I'd be in the shit then.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I bet it fucking didn't!!!!
Mate trying to talk your way out of it,no chance of finishing off,going from a top shag to massive row in 0000.3 secs

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
That’s great I love all that behind the scenes stuff, quite funny them all checking out the tunnel club two way glass, and who was the fat bearded fucker working for Villa. Poch and Terry having a chat, give that up Poch.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
That’s great I love all that behind the scenes stuff, quite funny them all checking out the tunnel club two way glass, and who was the fat bearded fucker working for Villa. Poch and Terry having a chat, give that up Poch.
Two way glass - what is this witchcraft? Glass that you can see through both ways? Impossible!