By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Bands You've Seen Live

• Thread starter Motspur Hotspur
  • Start date
The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Alice Cooper (9/10)
Bryan Ferry (1/10 - just shithouse, self absorbed crap)

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Some of the best live bands I have seen were performing in pubs. I haven't a scooby what any of them were called. The talent level of amateur and semi-pro musicians these days is stupendously high. When the lock down is over everybody should go out and support their local bands, no need to pay 200 quids to see 'superstars'.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Some of the best live bands I have seen were performing in pubs. I haven't a scooby what any of them were called. The talent level of amateur and semi-pro musicians these days is stupendously high. When the lock down is over everybody should go out and support their local bands, no need to pay 200 quids to see 'superstars'.
Mate one of 2 the best gigs i saw were tribute acts...
1. Queen, I was smashed, he could have been good or shit but it was ladies night and me and a pal.were the only fella in there....
2. Fillers. They tour all over the world and play smaller venues up to about 3/5k but the did our local venue and the fucking roof came off... I didnt know I was watching a killers tribute band....

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Mate one of 2 the best gigs i saw were tribute acts...
1. Queen, I was smashed, he could have been good or shit but it was ladies night and me and a pal.were the only fella in there....
2. Fillers. They tour all over the world and play smaller venues up to about 3/5k but the did our local venue and the fucking roof came off... I didnt know I was watching a killers tribute band....

Tis true! I saw the UK Foo Fighters at Camper Jam a couple of years ago and they were epic. The best band I saw recently was a Christmas do ago (I think) in a small bar in Wimbledon. 3 piece playing covers at the back on a tiny stage and they rocked it, switching genres and decades 'who wants some cheese?' - the bar - YEEEEH!

Something I always try to do is say thanks to the bands at the end, it takes a lot of guts to get up and do your thing, it's even harder in smaller, intimate venues like pubs. I've done it a few times and have been bricking it.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
A mixed bag over the years, but a few brilliant gigs here in Ireland...saw the kings in Birmingham. Great the first time, brutal the second....here's a few I remember..
U2 (9/10)
Kings of Leon (9/10) Nec
Kings of Leon (1/10) 2 years later
Hothouse Flowers (8/10)
Bryan Adam's (9/10)
Michael Jackson (1988) 10/10
The Verve (Brutal, but I was a fairly stoned student)
Love a good pub band too...nothing like it. .

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
A mixed bag over the years, but a few brilliant gigs here in Ireland...saw the kings in Birmingham. Great the first time, brutal the second....here's a few I remember..
U2 (9/10)
Kings of Leon (9/10) Nec
Kings of Leon (1/10) 2 years later
Hothouse Flowers (8/10)
Bryan Adam's (9/10)
Michael Jackson (1988) 10/10
The Verve (Brutal, but I was a fairly stoned student)
Love a good pub band too...nothing like it. .

Are Hothouse Flowers still a touring band? I love them and get over to the Emerald Isle every couple of years.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Yeah, there still about alright. Great live band. Still touring every so often They were due to play in London in March but was cancelled for obvious reasons. They're down to play Belfast in September which is still on so far. They had a whole 20/21 tour lined up so I'd say the website would have some details...

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Red Hot Chili Peppers were awesome
When I was in high school and early college we would see Of A Revolution (OAR) and it was a get hammered, jam band concert. Still lots of fun.
Never saw Tom Petty. Wish I would have.
Lots of concerts being cancelled in Michigan this summer that I would have gone to see.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Here's mine.

Pink Floyd
The Ramones
The Circle Jerks
The Who
The Pixies

Speaking of the Chili Peppers, I saw them in a 500 person venue in the late 80s and they played the whole show with socks on their dicks. All show I was thinking "how do they keep them on with all that jumping?"

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Another one, I saw The Who with full orchestra in Vancouver in October. They were outstanding. 9/10.