By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Barcodes (A) 17 Oct EPL

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Newcastle are a poor side but nonetheless a really decent controlled performance. If I was nit picking, there were times we could’ve really gone for the jugular by moving the ball a bit quicker, good stuff though.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Newcastle are a poor side but nonetheless a really decent controlled performance. If I was nit picking, there were times we could’ve really gone for the jugular by moving the ball a bit quicker, good stuff though.

Largely agree. We should have pressed on and got the 4th before putting the cue in the rack because we are always subject to an Eric Dier calamity.

Hats off to Dier and Reguillon for acting so quickly with what was happening off the pitch.

How much is Saint-Maximin worth? What a player.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
I did groan whenever they cut to Amanda Staveley in the crowd. You can almost hear the voice .. "Soccer is so much fun!". You probably had some random minion hand out scarves to wear about 2 minutes before they went out to the Director's Box as well.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
We made it 'Proper Spursy', shudda put that game to bed with 2 or 3 more goals but we gave them a chance to go for the draw. But, it's getting better innit?

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I did groan whenever they cut to Amanda Staveley in the crowd. You can almost hear the voice .. "Soccer is so much fun!". You probably had some random minion hand out scarves to wear about 2 minutes before they went out to the Director's Box as well.
Personally I was screaming at the telly to stop showing that evil cunt and the evil cunts she was sitting next to. The most obscene TV shots were the Taliban Toon fans wearing their Saudi headgear, not fucking funny at all. I get it that you can't control who owns your club but celebrating that a bunch of murdering, torturing tyrants are the owners is sick as fuck. This is exactly what those cunts want, make the Saudis look like civilized human beings.

"Taliban Toon United - brought to you by the producers of 9/11 and many other global blockbusters."

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Another enjoyable Sunday afternoon, watching us play proper football again after a predictable start. Well done one and all, especially on a very professional attitude throughout, including the health scare in the stands.

I'm loathe to say it, as he was being played out of position, and I'm not a fan (yet) of Ndombele, but the team looks better with him rather than Dele in it and he managed 90 minutes yesterday, perhaps because we had half time twice? Somehow we are 5th in the table which is mildly astonishing and next week will be a real marker, the pikey's are playing well, let's see.

Anyway 3 really good goals in spite of Newcastle being very poor. I'm not commenting on the Saudi thing, because it might not be very long before the Qatari's, or some other dubious multi billionaire, shows up to pay the ENIC dollar and takes us over.

what was football is now moneyball and a lot of it is no fun at all.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Didn't think it was so much that he tried harder as that he was finding more space to play in against a strangely passive opponent.

You make a good point, but I've seen him be crap against some pretty awful sides as well. I just think he's the kind of guy where if he's not motivated, you aren't gonna get anywhere near his best. But maybe he's figured it out and he's lights out from here? He plays like that every week and we could potentially challenge for top 4. I'm no gonna bank on it though.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
You make a good point, but I've seen him be crap against some pretty awful sides as well. I just think he's the kind of guy where if he's not motivated, you aren't gonna get anywhere near his best. But maybe he's figured it out and he's lights out from here? He plays like that every week and we could potentially challenge for top 4. I'm no gonna bank on it though.
Hold on lads.. one performance where he isn't shit, don't forgive all the horse shit we've been served before.

I will say again... 100% effort is the minimum he can give and I'm yet to see him fit and driven to achieve the clubs goals.

Playing better is a start but it's still not anywhere near enough from someone with so much ability its almost criminal that they're not realising that potential.

Let's see how he likes being stuck on his arse and run ragged by a pikey kid called Declan who plays for the travelers side down the road... that kid will run and run and fight and bleed for every ball... match that for 90 mins and he stands a chance.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Personally I was screaming at the telly to stop showing that evil cunt and the evil cunts she was sitting next to. The most obscene TV shots were the Taliban Toon fans wearing their Saudi headgear, not fucking funny at all. I get it that you can't control who owns your club but celebrating that a bunch of murdering, torturing tyrants are the owners is sick as fuck. This is exactly what those cunts want, make the Saudis look like civilized human beings.

"Taliban Toon United - brought to you by the producers of 9/11 and many other global blockbusters."

And as for Peter Drury fapping himself over the "rebirth" of Newcastle United...just fuck off you bootlicker cunt. Martin Tyler on his worst day is ten times the football man.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Bruce Sacked....

8 million quid severance will ease his woes however...

You just know it will be "that cunt" who will come in and spend the Qatari blood money indiscriminately...

Attachments

• PAY-EXCLUSIVE-Jose-Mourinho-in-West-London.jpg
    PAY-EXCLUSIVE-Jose-Mourinho-in-West-London.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 133
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Bruce Sacked....

8 million quid severance will ease his woes however...

You just know it will be "that cunt" who will come in and spend the Qatari blood money indiscriminately...
I think his time in the Premier League is done, he's old school now and the progressive teams are playing like Liverpool, Brentford, Leipzig, City, Leeds etc.

Solksjaer might not last long and the Brentford man will be in demand soon.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
I think his time in the Premier League is done, he's old school now and the progressive teams are playing like Liverpool, Brentford, Leipzig, City, Leeds etc.

Solksjaer might not last long and the Brentford man will be in demand soon.
Agreed.
Fonseca a supposed front runner.
Imagine if he gets them playing exciting free flowing football what the fallout will be here.

NiceOneCyril

NiceOneCyril

Player in Training.
The thing that struck me about Sunday's game is that it looked almost as if some of our players had been training together. There were some really nice combination moves, and loads of individual skills that kept the team game flowing. I thought Ndombele would be done and sulk for the rest of the day after getting kicked in the first couple of minutes, but he got over it and even looked happy to be there. For a change Lucas looked like he knew where he was going when he got the ball, and Sonny was quietly as good as he always is. I'm still very cross with Harry Kane, but my word he's a good footballer when he puts his mind to it. Even Reggie looked like he'd been allowed to practice with the big boys.

I won't blame anyone for their first goal, it was just a good goal. And I won't blame Eric for their second - I really should, but I won't.

We have a tendency to play down to the level of the opposition, but I guess we can't drop as far as Newcastle's slop. Well done first 11, keep it up. Now let's see what the second 11 can do against Vitesse :mad: