By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Barnsley H (EFL cup) 20.00 tues 19th Sept 2017

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
A0595.jpg

The road to wembley begins with a home round tie with Barnsley at wemb..........
I`ll get my coat.
Fuck it.......

TEAM NEWS: @ErikLamela (hip),Danny Rose (knee) and @VictorWanyama (knee) all remain unavailable due to injury. #COYS

Where does this competition rank in your list of priorities for this season?
I think every single competition is important for us for different reasons. When you have the possibility to play four competitions, it's important to play every single game. For us it's a priority too. Tomorrow we want to win and we are going to play to win. We want to go as far as possible in this competition.

Will players who haven't had as much playing time play?
Yes, for different reasons I will rotate the team. But in the end it's Tottenham that is going to play, like in different competitions. Maybe to give the possibility to play for a player that doesn't play too much I think it's a good possibility to see them and try to give the possibility to maybe fight to be in the starting XI more regularly.

Will Fernando Llorente play?
Maybe he is going to play tomorrow or maybe he's going to play in the starting XI. It was a difficult pre-season for him as he broke his arm and he needs to play to be fit.

Is it a gamble to rotate at Wembley in what will be like a cup final at Wembley for Barnsley?
No, win or lose, tomorrow it's about playing as Tottenham. You will see tomorrow we will put in the players that can play in the Champions League, Premier League or players that will play in the FA Cup.

When you have a squad, you need to provide all the players with the possibility to play. If not when? We are always talking about the squad, to sign players, and have more alternatives. If not we are so contradictory because we all, the fans and media say we need to sign more players and have a bigger squad to try to play in four competitions. Now if the manager will rotate and give a player the possibility to play who doesn't play so much, why? It's a gamble? Come on.

Tomorrow, first of all, we want to win. But it's is a good possibility for some players to play. Because we believe in everyone. For you have the Premier League, Champions League, to select one player or another. I think it's a good chance for players to play against Barnsley. Maybe I will surprise with my team selection.

Are you under pressure this year to win an FA Cup or League Cup?
The project here at Tottenham is to try to win the Premier League or the Champions League. For me, that is the two big trophies. OK, I would love to win the Carabao Cup or the FA Cup for our fans.

But Tottenham must build a project with the possibility to fight for Champions League or Premier League. Sorry, first of all the Premier League and then the Champions League. If we are going to try to win Carabao Cup or FA Cup, and forget the Premier League or Champions, it's a big mistake.

I think, what it means for a big team to win trophies, is to win the Premier League or Champions League. There are a lot of examples: in my second season at Southampton, Wigan won FA Cup. Where is Wigan today, with all my respect? League One. Look -- that is the most important example. Of course, I would like to win trophies but first of all we'll fight for the Premier League or the Champions League.

Will you have academy players involved again like last year?
Maybe, maybe, yes, maybe. Maybe players like Tashan [Oakley-Boothe] will have the possibility to play because he will be involved in the squad tomorrow.

Marcus Edwards has been in great form in the academy, will he be involved?
No, Marcus no, will not be involved tomorrow in the first team."

What happened with him, you talked him up so highly last year?
Last season was difficult for him. Remember he was injured and then he had an operation and I think it was a tough season for him. He dropped a little bit but it’s normal after nearly one season that he didn’t play. Now he’s building his confidence again. We’re so happy because he played very well against Manchester United and then in the Youth Cup he was very good.

But I think we need to wait a little bit for him to build more his physical condition and his confidence. He’s better playing in the Under-23s or the Youth Cup than staying with us, maybe on the bench. I think it’s a situation we have under control and we are looking after him to try to again have the facility to be involved with the first team. But it’s step by step.

Will Winks and Nkoudou start tomorrow?
GK will be involved in the 18 players for tomorrow. It’s now been five days that he’s with the group training. Maybe he will have the facility to play a little bit. Harry Winks is much better. He’s better every day and maybe he has the facility to play in the starting XI.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
As far as I can see,no countries are broadcasting this match,meaning it will be the 1st game since coventry away a few years back I havent been able to watch. Any of you guys got a drone and periscope? o_O

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
What a bastard this game is. This will be Barnsley's cup final, playing at Wembley against a cursed, hoodoo, jinxed team, unable to win a domestic game on the ground that was built on-top of a burial pit used to bury witches who were burned like KFC Chicken, the restless spirits hexing our team because of the chicken badge.

If we thump them it will be 'it was only Barnsley', if we lose it will be 'what the very fuck, losing to Barnsley'.

This match does not even seem to be on radio, TalkSport say it is but they say all the league Cup games are so .that is the usual Talkshit bollox... It IS on BBC Radio Sheffield, but not online. Channel 5 have a highlights programme tomorrow night but that will be about 1 minute from every game. There will be cameras and commentators there, but we won't be able to see it or listen to commentary. Is this 2017?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
What a bastard this game is. This will be Barnsley's cup final, playing at Wembley against a cursed, hoodoo, jinxed team, unable to win a domestic game on the ground that was built on-top of a burial pit used to bury witches who were burned like KFC Chicken, the restless spirits hexing our team because of the chicken badge.

If we thump them it will be 'it was only Barnsley', if we lose it will be 'what the very fuck, losing to Barnsley'.

This match does not even seem to be on radio, TalkSport say it is but they say all the league Cup games are so .that is the usual Talkshit bollox... It IS on BBC Radio Sheffield, but not online. Channel 5 have a highlights programme tomorrow night but that will be about 1 minute from every game. There will be cameras and commentators there, but we won't be able to see it or listen to commentary. Is this 2017?
commentary on thtv i think?perhaps,maybe?

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Does this mean that Dembele won't play against West Ham at the weekend? I hope not.

Can someone switch the light back on at the end of the tunnel for our injured please. Thanks in advance.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
The attendance at Wembley tonight is 23,926.

Ted the Yid

Ted the Yid

Founding Member
Gutted not to be able to see this one.

Wanted to see Foyth play, wanted to see Winks in a full 90 minutes and how Walker-Peters looks on the left.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Phew! Sounded a bit iffy, but just 4 more wins and we have a shiney!

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I scoured the Internet trying to find a stream....

Rev John Ripsher

Rev John Ripsher

Player in Training.
Same problem as always, and that is we are not breaking fast enough to get behind the oppo's defence.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Squad team, tricky night, we're through, happy days...move on.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Same problem as always, and that is we are not breaking fast enough to get behind the oppo's defence.
was the same last year,until we beat city at home,its more a question of getting our mojo back than tactics i feel,also rose`s pace on the left,but Davies has been pretty good in most respects.TBH we are talking about just putting one of +20 shots past swansea,a stupid last minute goal vs Burnley and going gung ho for the win against chelsea instead of settling for a point.Small margins,which I`d guess we will turn around,our personnel are good enough too.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
..and I wonder if those cunts still think Trippier is inadequate? That was a mega-assist, we could have been fucked without it!

We need to give West Ham a spanking on Saturday to boost the players, 2 disappointing games at Wembley need to be forgotten. We've got 3 away games to win now, then we can come back to the house of hoodoo in a couple of weeks with renewed confidence and start banging in loads!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
..and I wonder if those cunts still think Trippier is inadequate? That was a mega-assist, we could have been fucked without it!

We need to give West Ham a spanking on Saturday to boost the players, 2 disappointing games at Wembley need to be forgotten. We've got 3 away games to win now, then we can come back to the house of hoodoo in a couple of weeks with renewed confidence and start banging in loads!
We'll just about get the hang of Wembley then move to New WHL....properspursy!!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
We'll just about get the hang of Wembley then move to New WHL....properspursy!!
It's a transition innit? I know the numpties hate that word. So I will say it many, many times.

T0: The first Transition period - I shall call that T0, Transition Zero, that was when BMJ started to drag us out of mid-table obscurity
T1: Transition 1, Wanda came in and took away the pies, got the players fit
T2: Transition 2, Harry saved us from relegation and got the fans back on board
T3: Transition 3, AVB was brought in so that we could appreciate just how good it was going to get in T5
T4: Transition 4, the Percentage Transition, when Tim came and went
T5a: Transition 5a The Poch sorted out his team, got rid of the ones who didn't fit
T5b: Transition 5b, players were bought, Harry was called home, we started to believe
T5c: Transition 5c, Some magnificent football, so close to winning the title, the WHL Fortress Tranisition
T5d: Transition 5d, the current Wembley Tranisition, where the Poch keeps the team together and breaks the hoodoo

Now, the question is, will T5d be successful? I think we will need to see some shineys in the cupboard, and Levy will have to open his wallet to pay the players - then we will gone on to T6, The New Lane Glory Transition, the alternative is T0, the Fucking Start Again Transition - and that really would be proper Spursy.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Excellent analysis but When does CP30 arrive ....January transfer window? WD 40....? Next Summer...