By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Bayern (A) CL weds dec 11th 2019 20.00

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Lets hope it doesnt get ugly,even though its a dead rubber of a game.I guess both sides will field some young upcoming players??

ELG3Tn0WkAA9X9Y

Jose watched yesterdays U23 game with Liverpool,here`s probably why.

Mourinho on the Munich game: "It's a great opportunity for young people. A great opportunity for the development of these young players, the Walker-Peters, the Skipps, the Parrotts, the Sessegnons, all these young players that we have, it’s a great opportunity for them."

Throw in Foyth,Tanganga,Lo Celso,Ndombele,a chance for Rose and Eriksen,thats pretty much a line up,and rests everybody else eh??

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Lets hope it doesnt get ugly,even though its a dead rubber of a game.I guess both sides will field some young upcoming players??

ELG3Tn0WkAA9X9Y

Mourinho on the Munich game: "It's a great opportunity for young people. A great opportunity for the development of these young players, the Walker-Peters, the Skipps, the Parrotts, the Sessegnons, all these young players that we have, it’s a great opportunity for them."

Throw in Foyth,Tanganga,Lo Celso,Ndombele,a chance for Rose and Eriksen,thats pretty much a line up,and rests everybody else eh??
Might not be quite that young but not far off.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member

ELG3Tn0WkAA9X9Y

Be good to see Troy Parrott get a run, however something tells me Kane will want to score in that game lol..

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
That Tanganga guy looked impressive in the Audi cup , big and strong .
but am I the only one who thinks he sounds more like a James Bond villain

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member

ELG3Tn0WkAA9X9Y

We won the game 4-0 btw.........well done lads. Is that Ole Gunnar Solksjaer next to Mourinho???? ;)

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
I agree with Skiathos. Play all the kids and the players on the fringe. If Kane is really itching to play in this then leave his ass in London. Way more important things then him padding his stats. No reason to not take advantage of having qualified already. Play to win, but play the kids. The Mourinho Way. 🤔

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Kane is "reportedly" frustrated that he's being left out of this match because he wants to win the Golden Boot. There is not, however, and direct quote from Kane stating that he is upset, nor are there any direct sources indicating that Kane is upset. While I think it is likely he is upset, that is some pretty shoddy reporting. Glad Mourinho had the good sense to leave him home.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Kane is "reportedly" frustrated that he's being left out of this match because he wants to win the Golden Boot. There is not, however, and direct quote from Kane stating that he is upset, nor are there any direct sources indicating that Kane is upset. While I think it is likely he is upset, that is some pretty shoddy reporting. Glad Mourinho had the good sense to leave him home.
Imagine a fresh Kane against Burnley...

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
when did Kane ever utter any dissent for any decsion,thats right never!!I dont believe for a second he puts personal milestones above the team.As they would say in ye olde english "complete and utter tosh" .

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
With the match being a dead rubber, with Bayern and Tottenham having already qualified in first and second place respectively in Group B and neither can switch positions whatever the result, Mourinho has been able to leave a number of stars back in England ahead of Sunday's match at Wolves.
Those who remain out injured are Ben Davies (ankle),Erik Lamela (uterus),Hugo Lloris (elbow),Tanguy Ndombele (groin),Michel Vorm (calf) and Harry Winks (ankle),who are all continuing with their rehabilitation.

Mourinho has also decided to leave Dele Alli, Serge Aurier, Harry Kane and Jan Vertonghen back at Hotspur Way and the quartet will train as normal at Hotspur Way on Wednesday ahead of the Premier League game at the weekend. The rest of the first team squad has travelled.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
With the match being a dead rubber, with Bayern and Tottenham having already qualified in first and second place respectively in Group B and neither can switch positions whatever the result, Mourinho has been able to leave a number of stars back in England ahead of Sunday's match at Wolves.
Those who remain out injured are Ben Davies (ankle),Erik Lamela (uterus),Hugo Lloris (elbow),Tanguy Ndombele (groin),Michel Vorm (calf) and Harry Winks (ankle),who are all continuing with their rehabilitation.

Mourinho has also decided to leave Dele Alli, Serge Aurier, Harry Kane and Jan Vertonghen back at Hotspur Way and the quartet will train as normal at Hotspur Way on Wednesday ahead of the Premier League game at the weekend. The rest of the first team squad has travelled.

LOL now Lamela's issue has migrated to his uterus. 🤣

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
tonight will be Lamela’s 155th game he would have missed through injury at Spurs.

Man, that is just so sad.
I'm a big supporter of this guy because I like the way he plays & I wish more of our players played with his intensity.
But 155 games?!
That's a career's worth for some players.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Man, that is just so sad.
I'm a big supporter of this guy because I like the way he plays & I wish more of our players played with his intensity.
But 155 games?!
That's a career's worth for some players.
I like him becuse he plays like he gives a fuck...... but it's silly now and has been for a while.

Maybe time for him to try a new sport like ultimate knitting, or speed scrabble?

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
I like him becuse he plays like he gives a fuck...... but it's silly now and has been for a while.

Maybe time for him to try a new sport like ultimate knitting, or speed scrabble?

Knitting involves needles & the scrabble board has some sharpish edges...
May require a re-think.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
naanananananaaaa ryan sessegnon,sessegnon ryan sessegnon....

4b639b2b-7aa9-496b-be89-74e8ae486fad.jpg

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Sessegnon scouting report: Good at laser strikes to the near post; everything else needs work. :)

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
We’re doing ok but are rightly behind and should be down by further.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
That had a fair degree of who gives a fuck about it.

On to the knockout stages now.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
The argument will be that it was a nothing game. It wasn't however a nothing game for the individuals pulling on the shirt or those who have traveled to watch.

Ryan played reasonably well going forwards and did ok in a makeshift defence.

Bayern were devastating going forwards, they'd cause havoc for most defenses let alone one that is going through an identity crisis. That said, Gaza I think did a good job and made a few tip top saves.

Their backline was definitely open for business also and I think we should have done much better and bagged a few more.

GLC for me was pony. Gave away the ball, did nothing on the ball, wasn't ever on the tempo of play and was made to look a mug quite a few times while he was on.

Bacon boy can piss off now if he cant be fucked. Tired of his shit, give Skipp a run out and graft out chances.

Dier just can't get about the field enough. His distribution isnt good enough from deep and his ball retention for me tonight caused a lot of issues for us.

KWP could have done more but he was against a very good player who put him under the cosh from the start.

Foyth was steady and for me didnt do his chances any harm what so ever.

I though Sissoko could score when he wants? Shit himself again when in the final 3rd, but put a shift in.

Wanyama......... well......... erm.......... I know he didn't get long and I see that as a positive.

Pragmatic about the result but would have liked to see players go and grab their chance a and push their agenda.

Roll on the weekend.