By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Bayern Munich (H) CL Tue 1st October 2019 20:00

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member

Get yer towels on the deckchairs, Are you listening Gerd?​

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Ouch! That hurts. Thoroughly enjoyable half of football though, just really good to see us playing some decent stuff. Far from over this, next goal pretty big. Gotta put to bed this losing from winning positions in big games, starting tonight, pls boys!

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
We are playing really well but I am sick of players taking silly risks in our box. N’dombele just had to clear that ball. With that many bodies around there was no need to be too clever there.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
FFS Winks. That’s not the first fucking time tonight he has lost the ball in dangerous areas.

That was fucking amateur and now we are going to get pantsed.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
So much for the new home fortress.

We don’t scare anyone anymore.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Danny very lucky there. That’s a penalty every day of the week. VAR does it again.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
They're a very impressive outfit. They just seem to have so much more space and time on the ball than we do and they just move it quicker.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Gutless, gutless cunts.

Rolled over like a cheap hooker.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Fuck me.

This is disgusting.

I'm still watching, just in utter shock! I know everything they did turned to gold but my God that was one of the worst halves of football i've seen us play in a long time. Serge Aurier is just fucking awful, i'll say it again though, that was a very impressive performance from Bayern but fuck we helped them out a lot. Fair amount of soul searching needed at our club right now, the way we just fell apart is a horrible reminder of what i thought was a bygone era.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
I'm still watching, just in utter shock! I know everything they did turned to gold but my God that was one of the worst halves of football i've seen us play in a long time. Serge Aurier is just fucking awful, i'll say it again though, that was a very impressive performance from Bayern but fuck we helped them out a lot. Fair amount of soul searching needed at our club right now, the way we just fell apart is a horrible reminder of what i thought was a bygone era.

Mate, I have never seen us roll over like that. We have played badly in the past but always played with pride. What I saw in the last 15 minutes is an absolute indictment on the club.

Bayern are a good team and they played well but we made them look a lot better than they are. Our first half was decent but once it got a bit difficult we ran for the hills.

As you said, it was embarrassing.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Now there is a rumour that Pochettino is set to quit.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Now there is a rumour that Pochettino is set to quit.

I wouldn't blame him. The foundations of what he's built with us are crumbling badly. He looks to have lost his enthusiasm with the project, and to an extent it's being projected on the pitch by the players. A huge amount of blame has to be laid at the door of ENIC. Zidane not exactly pulling up trees at Madrid, they may finally get their man, if things continue like this. It all might come down to being one of those nights, and we win a few on the bounce and get our confidence back, but defensively we just look so weak,

Last edited:
The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
I wouldn't blame him. The foundations of what he's built with us are crumbling badly. He looks to have lost his enthusiasm with the project, and to an extent it's being projected on the pitch by the players. A huge amount of blame has to be laid at the door of ENIC. Zidane not exactly pulling up trees at Madrid, they may finally get their man, if things continue like this.

Agree mate.

Levy must take direct responsibility for this. We just held on through the stadium delays and now the squad has run its course. Whilst we landed a couple of good targets during the last window, our inactivity during the previous couple of windows means that too many players have played too many games. I am not one for making wholesale changes but we needed to take the pressure off key players and we failed to do that.

And then there is the issue of letting the contracts of Eriksen and Alderweireld run down. It is both fiscally irresponsible and damaging to squad morale.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Agree mate.

Levy must take direct responsibility for this. We just held on through the stadium delays and now the squad has run its course. Whilst we landed a couple of good targets during the last window, our inactivity during the previous couple of windows means that too many players have played too many games. I am not one for making wholesale changes but we needed to take the pressure off key players and we failed to do that.

And then there is the issue of letting the contracts of Eriksen and Alderweireld run down. It is both fiscally irresponsible and damaging to squad morale.

You also have to factor in, that he'll now have to see oversee another project, coz at the very least we're likely gonna need a whole new back line next season and whoever those players maybe, whether in house or bought, will take time to bed in.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
S E V E N . . . .

They were fantastic, they were clinical, they outplayed us in every area of the pitch.

We have to face the fact that this result has opened up the gaping, festering would that seems to be running through our team. We're brittle, we're weak when against the wall, we're not fighting for one another when the chips are down and working as a unit.

The problem is clear to see and seems to have existed since before the end of last season.

This is not the spurs side that our recent (last decade) success (CL & League position) has been built on. I'm not buying it that loosing the Moose is the sole reason for our decline. It's about application and attitude and for many on that pitch they didnt possess enough of either tonight or throughout the last 20 or so competitive games.

Bayern's are going through a "rebuild" and demolished us. They embarrassed us. We are surely embarking on the very same process but have held onto wantaway players failed to bring in adequate replacements or have brought in replacements for players and positions we already needed strengthening in.

I lay this issue at the feet of whoever decided we didnt need to keep rejuvenating the side over consecutive transfer windows. Look at us all clever not spending money and keeping our side together... doesnt look too fucking good now when we are in the form that gets sides relegated.

Those missed windows are where we are now suffering with a distinct 2nd rate quality in some areas of the pitch and where we failed to implement any form of succession planning because we "didnt see any value" in the market.

Well other sides managed to find value and leapfrogged us while we seem to have turned to utter shite.

I'm fucking angry tonight and I want it to change. THFC has built a business in the place where their was a fucking great club. One that seemed to be placing itself on a trajectory for unparalleled success on and off the field. Well good luck with that business model in the fucking championship. Good luck finding a stadium sponsor for that pile of shite. Good luck attracting the best young talent to be the stars of the future.

Fucking cunts.

FUCKING GUTLESS CUNTS.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Maybe some people's expectations were too high. We got lucky last season in the Champion's league and off the back of couple of good performances got to the final. I am not too grumpy about us not being CL quality, how could we be with Levy's fiscal 'prudence' restricting transfers and wages?

Last night came too late to remind the Poch and the players that we should have gone full mental in the League Cup and not been beaten by a fourth division side, that is the real failure for me. I know lots of people think the domestic cups are beneath us. Maybe the management and the players do as well, that is a problem because the Champion's League, in my opinion is a step too far and I'm comfortable with that, it doesn't affect my support for the team, but defeats like last night are damaging to the team and might really fuck our whole season up the back door.

I have enjoyed our 9 years away from the bottom half of the PL table and of course our European games - there's always a chance in cup competitions even if we're not at the same high level as our opponents, but if the team buy into the bollocks that we are part of the elite and deserve our seat at the top table then we will be lucky if we even get Thursday night football next season.

Flashes of brilliance are not enough, the inconsistency and failures to play 90 minutes, to hold onto leads and whatever the fuck that was last night are not good enough and one of the voices in my head is starting to whisper "is the Poch all that?" Sacrilege I know, but tough questions need to be answered,

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Maybe some people's expectations were too high. We got lucky last season in the Champion's league and off the back of couple of good performances got to the final. I am not too grumpy about us not being CL quality, how could we be with Levy's fiscal 'prudence' restricting transfers and wages?

Last night came too late to remind the Poch and the players that we should have gone full mental in the League Cup and not been beaten by a fourth division side, that is the real failure for me. I know lots of people think the domestic cups are beneath us. Maybe the management and the players do as well, that is a problem because the Champion's League, in my opinion is a step too far and I'm comfortable with that, it doesn't affect my support for the team, but defeats like last night are damaging to the team and might really fuck our whole season up the back door.

I have enjoyed our 9 years away from the bottom half of the PL table and of course our European games - there's always a chance in cup competitions even if we're not at the same high level as our opponents, but if the team buy into the bollocks that we are part of the elite and deserve our seat at the top table then we will be lucky if we even get Thursday night football next season.

Flashes of brilliance are not enough, the inconsistency and failures to play 90 minutes, to hold onto leads and whatever the fuck that was last night are not good enough and one of the voices in my head is starting to whisper "is the Poch all that?" Sacrilege I know, but tough questions need to be answered,
I think it's all just caught up with us mate. Even the most optimistic Yid has to admit we blagged the shit out of the CL last year, it was fucking brilliant, but at the same time it was ridiculous how we kept managing to sneak through huge games. We stuck in some great performances, but I agree to get to the final was beyond jammy.

Maybe you are right, maybe I now expect to see a spurs side who presses, harasses, grafts for the greater good and is drilled to do the simple things well and efficiently. It's how we got to play in this competition a few years on the bounce afterall. It's the football I love to watch, regardless who is playing it.

I think my frustration (not anger anymore) is that we were that side. We were hailed once upon a time as the best team to watch for fast flowing counter attacking football. We then brought in a plethora of young exciting stars who ripped up the rule book and kicked sand in the face in face of the establishment.

And now it's all come to an end. It lurched on for a bit because of the CL and the bullshit inactivity through transfer windows was papered over becuse the rollercoaster was still going. It now seems to have stopped and last nights horror show might just have derailed it...

It's tough as fuck... I am a Poch fanboy he has done absolute wonders for this club but its glaringly obvious something needs to chnage.

Now we know the owners anit getting off this gravy train so that won't change. So it comes down to Poch or the players. The players would cost lots to fix and cause us to start a new project setting us back 5 or 6 years and you could also argue if it did happen it would have come too late becuse the rot has already settled in and the performance levels have already slumped. I dont think a manager could come in and fix our problems without a rebuild

So I see the last option is to chnage Poch. It's the cost effective option for Levy, he maybe even make some quids out of it from Real Madrid.

Where that leaves us is in a position where want away players will have contirbuted to ousting a great manager. That is fucking unpaletable for me.

Fuck knows what happens now. Tough talks today between players, coaches, managers, chairmen etc.

Time for them all to wake up, be honest about what they want and are prepared to do to achieve it, and set to work to start moving forwards again.

Think we need to see some players dropped and kids with hunger brought into the fold to rejuvenate this squad.

The cancer wherever it lies needs to be cut out, permanently.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Lets face it we couldnt defend mother teresa on a murder charge.Strange cos the house Poch built was so frugal,our fullbacks are shocking,even danny has been awful.Is that how we set up or ability desire?Surely we are stronger with dier in front of the back 4??

For 60mins it was the best we played,Son could/should have had a hatrick,Ndombele had to score,how we were losing at HT was mistakes at the back and poor quality finishing.The last 20mins was just a rollover and tickle our tummy.Hard to take the positive,but if there is,its the huge wake up call these players need at least coming early in the season.Thats the best I can hang on to today.Thank fuck aurier is suspended for saturday too.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I'd like to know what is going on behind the scenes. This is more than just the vagaries of human beings and football, somewhere someone can smell a rat. It needs fixing quick. We can move on from the embarrassment but we need to do it quick. Comprehensive wins over Brighton and Watford will help steady the ship and we need to be careful that we don't play like amateurs against Liverpool.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Honestly, I don't give a fuck about the final score. I mean it when I say I don't care if we lose 3-2 or 7-2, and sometimes when you pretty much go all in like Poch did at 4-1, you're going to get done by a team of Bayern's quality. It's what happened to Woolwich when they got beat 10-2 or whatever over two legs against some of the same Bayern players a couple years back. What bothered me was the shocking defending and unprofessionalism that made it 4-1 in the first place. Lewandowski's goal right before the half was especially bad, as was the Gnabry goal off of Winks's turnover. It's just not good enough at this level. Conceding immediately after scoring, failing to clear our lines, gifting them possession--that's what disappointed me.

I guess on paper we should win the next three games, which would probably go a long way toward stopping the bleeding, but it's been a long time since the manager and some of the players have been under this much pressure.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I'd like to know what is going on behind the scenes. This is more than just the vagaries of human beings and football, somewhere someone can smell a rat. It needs fixing quick. We can move on from the embarrassment but we need to do it quick. Comprehensive wins over Brighton and Watford will help steady the ship and we need to be careful that we don't play like amateurs against Liverpool.
My mate who went saturday messaged me these bits,he is a STH at a league one club,done his FA coaching badges at hotspur way with spurs coaches,a football bloke,he was there to take his son who is a kane addict and spurs fan now.This was some of his take.I asked what he made of the crowd and atmosphere............ BTW his kid loved it,I got tickets in block 257 right in front of the warm up for his lad,was perfect for him.As you can see in this tiny image!

Odd really mate. I watch a lot of live footy. Atmosphere today better than spurs at Wembley but still, erm, touristy. Like watching England. Watch a team like Rotherham and everyones got a common aim and passion, it will fuck up every ones weekend but today didn’t feel like that atmosphere wise. Club is superb, ground another level, coffers bulging every game so busy and after game staying open is genius. Weve bought another player via the club shop i think mate .had 3 fellas behind us who were Scandinavian, no English spoken but shirts on etc and probably season tix but nothing sung. The most singing was on tube station way home, proper lads on it all together there and going for it, loved it
Players wise taking son off didn’t go down well and he was comfortably the best outlet or player to make something happen

When last sub was getting sorted was interesting.. poch called moura, ali head down walked back from warming up and straight down tunnel. Came back min later. Wanyama walked back to dug out, threw shirt on floor in dug out. Moura then didn’t come on and wanyama did! No one mentioned by us and don’t think many noticed but i was watching as pointing son on bench out to Reubyn

Erickson going through motions need to get rid, lacklustre/ uninterested or his legs have gone. He ran games, not this season and def not
today mate What you think?

Winks took a bang to head and poch subbed wanyama instead of moura,if there`s any dissent he will freeze player out,he dont take no disrespect to him or coaches.Yeah eriksen`s head is gone,found myself shouting at the telly run you lazy fucking dane,im not normally like that,10 men and he was swanning around.I would say half fans want him in the reserves now think he is cancer.

Yeah theres a bad egg in changing room i think mate
I thought he was ace before but i was wanting him off today

Did you get one of those harry kane trays in the shop?carries 8 mugs !! well that joke was true today,bloke is class.Rumour is a big clear out on the way,poch did it 1st season,he will rather play kids than expensive star names,he truly believes team is more than talent.Son,Kane,Winks all have their heart in it,the 2 mousa`s seem good pros but tbh the rest??after the CL final seem to have gone in their heads,sad to say.

Thought winks was positive today, no fear, looks a good prospect

And last night he sent me this,think it was 3-1 at the time

Right back is wank

That is someone on the outside looking in,has no preconceptions or knowledge of whats going on at spurs particularly,loves his football.goes home and away,went a whole season every away game 3 years ago their 1st year (back) in the championship,they didnt win a single one!!(and we think we have problems!)So I respect his thoughts,was amazed he came out with "the bad apple" line not knowing what is going on,and not really thinking that (before,not so sure now).

Reactions: Yid