By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Best Spurs Goal - 2016

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member

Here are your 16 candidates for our best @PremierLeague goal from 2016! Group A voting will begin at 2.30pm (UK) this afternoon...

C02OmUoW8AE-LQ2.jpg

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member

Personally I voted for Eriksen at city,not because of the class of goal or skill involved,but the sheer importance in terms of the season.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Oh ummm... decisions. Ali against Palace was a truly world class, once in a lifetime finish but for me Harry against the goons was 'better' as he wasn't in front of goal and to beat the keeper from there was simply inch perfect. Comparing apple to oranges really.

My choice goes to...

He's one of our own
He's one of our own...

conor1

conor1

Founding Member
Hard to look past Dele's goal vs Crystal Palace. A wonderfully instinctive goal, a real "wtf just happened there" moment.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Has to be Harry (Arsenal) vs Dele (Palace) little to choose between them but Dele edges it in my view

Flump

Flump

Founding Member
Of the choices offered Alli vs Palace and Kane vs Woolwich stick out like sore thumbs. I'd go for Kanes, simply because of the occasion. Personally, my favourite goal was Eriksen's vs City. It was the goal when I truly believed we were gonna win the league so it brings back all that feeling that I've had only twice before as a Spurs fan, 82 and 85.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Of the choices offered Alli vs Palace and Kane vs Woolwich stick out like sore thumbs. I'd go for Kanes, simply because of the occasion. Personally, my favourite goal was Eriksen's vs City. It was the goal when I truly believed we were gonna win the league so it brings back all that feeling that I've had only twice before as a Spurs fan, 82 and 85.
i agree exactly with that,kanes more so to have been there and from the park lane trying to work out how he did that watching live.But Eriksen`s was the most important and a statement by us.

Flump

Flump

Founding Member
i agree exactly with that,kanes more so to have been there and from the park lane trying to work out how he did that watching live.But Eriksen`s was the most important and a statement by us.
A massive statement, especially given the pastings we'd been getting there since they got rich quick. I also think our current position, and goal difference, given we haven't really got on the gas consistently yet, is also a massive statement that's seriously gone under the radar.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
A massive statement, especially given the pastings we'd been getting there since they got rich quick. I also think our current position, and goal difference, given we haven't really got on the gas consistently yet, is also a massive statement that's seriously gone under the radar.
Honestly united,arsenal and city are just a few defeats away from tabloid "insert club name here crisis" articles,and as you say we are under the radar,if we lost 2 on the bounce we shouldnt get hammered by the press,but wenger,pep and jose will get the full "crisis exclusive" treatment and to be honest i expect two of them in the next months to really get some media stick,i suspect wenger and guardiola even though I d like it to be jose and not pep.As always monsieur magoo is just a few dropped points away from meltdown from his own fans.
Also eriksens goal last year gives us no reason to be fearful going up there.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Alli against Palace, Son against Boro, or Kane against the goons!? I can't decide!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Voting has narrowed it down to these 4 goals!

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
All great goals. Alli wins it for me. Takes some set of balls to even give that a go, but I have to say sonnys range of goals through those clips are all class especially that scissor.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
All great goals. Alli wins it for me. Takes some set of balls to even give that a go, but I have to say sonnys range of goals through those clips are all class especially that scissor.
Not suprising Dele did win,but Kane was my personal fav cos of the occasion and eriksens cos of the importance at the time.Some right crackers in there,Son`s was pretty special too

boo

boo

Founding Member
Not suprising Dele did win,but Kane was my personal fav cos of the occasion and eriksens cos of the importance at the time.Some right crackers in there,Son`s was pretty special too

Yeah, Harry Kane's goal wins for me although, of course Dele Alli's goal was just beautiful but that goal against le arse was sensational! Son Heung-Min scores some special goals eh!

Tom Carroll missed out by a couple of days from being included with this strike...