By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Boro A Fa cup 3rd rnd Sun 5th Jan 2020 KO 14.01

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Massive underdogs here arent we!!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I sympathise with Maureen, regarding N’dontwantoplay, all the recent evidence points to him being a bit of a lightweight. It’s a shame because when he does feel like it he’s bloody good and could be a key midfield force for us, I don’t know what the problem is.

we’re going to need fighters at Boro and if Lamela is finally over his cystitis and broken nail, I‘d start him And skipp with Winks and Son for match fitness, Eriksen and Dele or Lo Celso, KWP, Foyth, Sanchez and Someone else at Left back.

id take a draw right now as well.:rolleyes:

Gazza
KWP Foyth Sanchez Sess
Skipp Winks
Lo Celso, Eriksen,Lamela
Son

it looks a bit thin on paper eh?

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I have a very bad feeling about this game.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Time to go the Full-Mourinho for this one.

------------------Gazza----------------------
Foyth-----Toby--------Sanchez--------Sess
-----------Winks--------Dier----------------
Lamela-----------Lo Celso--------------Son
--------------------Parrot--------------------

Yeah, that really isn't very Mourinho-like at all. Come to think of it, neither is the club. We are likely screwed. A defeat here is better than 50/50. Hopeless optimist, I know. An who knew we had a bus icon? 🚌 Bit unimpressive, but we might need it to survive the neanderthal's assault.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Has it actually come to this ? Hoping for a draw at Middlesbrough? Wow.....Well, if we do get beaten I'd like to think Keano will feel bad!

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Has it actually come to this ? Hoping for a draw at Middlesbrough? Wow.....Well, if we do get beaten I'd like to think Keano will feel bad!

Yes, it has come to this.

We’re fucked.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Yes, it has come to this.

We’re fucked.
I don’t think ‘we’re fucked’ but we’ve certainly had our expectations change dramatically over the past 5-6 years. Not long ago we would pin quite a lot of hope on the FA Cup as our primary target, now of course we’re battling the top European teams. I’m hoping we’re going through a bad patch that’s all. Never forget the 90’s 6 th in the league and playing average was our ‘norm’.......

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Apparently the one minute delayed kickoff is so they can show a video encouraging us football fans to think about our mental health - I don't think they really want me to do that.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I don’t think ‘we’re fucked’ but we’ve certainly had our expectations change dramatically over the past 5-6 years. Not long ago we would pin quite a lot of hope on the FA Cup as our primary target, now of course we’re battling the top European teams. I’m hoping we’re going through a bad patch that’s all. Never forget the 90’s 6 th in the league and playing average was our ‘norm’.......
The FA Cup could be our only realistic target this season, OK, wossisname could get us to the CL final again, that would be great, but is it likely? The chavs (not under wossisname) won the fucker when they were pony in the Premiership, so stranger things have happened. I am sure that our old friends will be banging on about 'tin pot cup' and 'playing the reserves' in their new Tottenham Spurs soccer forum. I want to see our strongest side playing as if their lives depended on it, bring the FA Cup home, COYS!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
The FA Cup could be our only realistic target this season, OK, wossisname could get us to the CL final again, that would be great, but is it likely? The chavs (not under wossisname) won the fucker when they were pony in the Premiership, so stranger things have happened. I am sure that our old friends will be banging on about 'tin pot cup' and 'playing the reserves' in their new Tottenham Spurs soccer forum. I want to see our strongest side playing as if their lives depended on it, bring the FA Cup home, COYS!
Mate the cup can be a cruel or kind mistress,just squeak through this round and get a decent draw and come march we could be in a good shape.But it really is just get through the next game.God knows we need something here&now to reinvigorate the club.I would love to come 10th and win the cup,couldnt really give a fuck about league position over winning a trophy unless its coming top.Some might call that financial heresy but fuck them,I dont see anything for best P&L 2019 in any clubs history.On our day we are good enough as last years CL run proved,but this attitude of not being arsed when we lose has to end.Is this why the special needs chap was brought in?after all.

Fuck the financial fan boys,lets do what this club was formed to do,make history,thats what winning the cup is about.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Believe it or not,I scored a goal like this for Eltham.Picked the ball up inside left in their half,beat 4 or 5 players and stuck it passed the keeper from about 5yds out,best goal of my life.Lined up for the restart and one of our centre-backs mick macnamara (true!) said "another fucking tap in",as a CF I was good at the old tap in.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
I haven't seen that in years. Makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck. The mad thing is, he was anonymous in the first game, as were many, but Hutchinson's right shoulder played a blinder..and fair play to Burkinshaw to start him for the replay, theres slot that wouldn't have had the faith he had....great memories.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I haven't seen that in years. Makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck. The mad thing is, he was anonymous in the first game, as were many, but Hutchinson's right shoulder played a blinder..and fair play to Burkinshaw to start him for the replay, theres slot that wouldn't have had the faith he had....great memories.
As it so happens steebie talks about it in his book,1st game pitch was heavy and lumpy,ricky had a mare being a runner with the ball.When he got subbed he went down the tunnel didnt sit on the bench with the others.Perryman had the right hump over that,burkinshaw asked if he would pick him for the replay,he told him no.Lucky enough burkinshaw did pick him,rest is history,best ever goal at old wembley,I have a signed pic of it taken behind the goal,iconic moment.That fucking falklands thingy really cost us with ossie&ricky..I had no idea ossie had a family member,(a fighter pilot) killed early on,its why we sent him off incase it became public.
If sissoko does that tomorrow I will have him tattooed on my arse,but i`m pretty sure he cant fly a plane ;)

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
but i`m pretty sure he cant fly a plane ;)
HOW sure ? I'd say he'd make a great pilot.. He'd be coming in to land, he'd fly fast and aggressively, get the landing gear down, be just about to touch down, then lose his cool and steer it straight into the airport.

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
HOW sure ? I'd say he'd make a great pilot.. He'd be coming in to land, he'd fly fast and aggressively, get the landing gear down, be just about to touch down, then lose his cool and steer it straight into the airport.
Nar. Pretty sure he'd miss the airport.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Just to be clear regards the sissoko jokes,I still think he has been our best midfielder for 2 seasons now,yes he is like a pony chasing a beach ball on a windy day with his control,he shoots like an epilectic with hiccups,but he shames much more talented players with his desire,industry and heart.
I think he would make a perfect RB for us,has the ability to get forward,then track back after all last 2 years with trippier and aurier thats what he has been doing anyway.There was a point against saints when aurier was just jogging back,jan did it as well,watch their goal again it is infuriating,especially when some fans slag off sanchez and sissoko who play with much more heart if not their heads.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I've just watched the highlights of yesterday's FA Cup games and was reminded of how much I love this competition. All the non-Premier League games were VAR free yesterday, I hope this applies to us today at Boro.

I fucking hate VAR. If we have to keep this poxy game ruining system, hows about they change it so that VAR only checks goals if the ref thinks he might have missed something? If the ref and the linesmen don't think there is a remote possibility that someone's eyelash might have been offside then no checks. are made, if they don't think there was a handball then there wasn't, and VAR can fuck off. If they think they may have missed something important then they can ask for clarification - book the fuckers who scream for VAR checks every 5 minutes. Sorted.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Just to be clear regards the sissoko jokes,I still think he has been our best midfielder for 2 seasons now,yes he is like a pony chasing a beach ball on a windy day with his control,he shoots like an epilectic with hiccups,but he shames much more talented players with his desire,industry and heart.
I think he would make a perfect RB for us,has the ability to get forward,then track back after all last 2 years with trippier and aurier thats what he has been doing anyway.There was a point against saints when aurier was just jogging back,jan did it as well,watch their goal again it is infuriating,especially when some fans slag off sanchez and sissoko who play with much more heart if not their heads.
Agree 100% I love Sissoko. He's the one player in the squad that has completely turned the opinions of many fans around. Has a brilliant attitude, gives everything, and yes, he's not the greatest finisher, but he's not on the pitch for that...Still reckon Son will to the business for us today...tough..but a 1-2 win...

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
ENhMlYhWwAA2A-5

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
3 CBs?or dier DM? would like to see skipp&parrott get some time today,and Sonny repay us for his stupidity vs Chelsea.
Baconboys last game????

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
We need a new keeper, gazza does nothing to help our defence, contrast that with boro keeper

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Well, that was hard watching at times, but at least we're still in the cup and would fancy us to finish them off in the replay..with so many key faces missing, a draw isnt a bad result.