By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Borussia Dortmund A [CL] 19:45 Tue 21st November 2017

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Well back to earth,at least we arent playing on thursday suck on that woolwich!

borussia-dortmund-tottenham.jpg

Group of death defied,

Team ..................P GD Pts
1 Tottenham ......4 ..7 ..10
2 Real Madrid....4 ...3 ....7
3 B Dortmund ....4..-4 ...2
4 Apoel Nicosia. 4. -6 ...2

Surely one win from 2 games wins the group?is there any advantage? group B its bayern or PSG regardless,group D Barca or Juve,the other groups really depends if the other english teams win their group,whom we cant face next round.Just saying will these fixtures become rest games for Kane,Dele,Eriksen,Dembele,even Jan?And same with Dortmund,other than ensuring europa league, a result here except morale wise means nothing.Dortmund now have just one point from their last five league matches and welcome Spurs with only one competitive win - against third-tier Magdeburg in the cup - since September.

I wont be suprised to see Vorm,aurier,even Rose,winks,Son,Llorente,Foyth start in a league cup looking line up.Get freshened up to beat WBA and get the club shop mannequin the sack,and back into the premier league mix.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
I think we now have to rest at least a few. That team playing against arsenal were shattered from minute one. Harry needs a break but he will want to play. So far he is second behind Ronaldo as top scorer. Only way he isn't playing is if it will genuinely cause injury.

This will be a seriously hard match. Dortmund will be desperate and are gonna hit us hard. To be honest A draw here would be perfect really, a win unbelievable, but over all I just don't want to see us on the end of a tanking. We don't need that right now.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Tricky. Do we want to be known as a scum-like team who plays 'the kids' in a game that doesn't really matter? I have thought long and hard and the answer for me is yes. They all looked knackered yesterday, not the same team that trounced Real Madrid, give the main players a rest so they can start building back to peak fitness ready to beat whoever we get in the knockout stages, if we play like we did against Madrid then we can beat any other side in the competition. On the other hand, playing Devil's advocaat why the fuck were they so tired? They are supposed to be professional athletes, young blokes who have played a couple of international and they are fucked? Pussies.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I don't think Kane, Dele et al were tired yesterday, they just weren't fit or 'match fit' ...Poch wouldn't have allowed anything less than full commitment.

I thought 2 months ago when I booked flights, a hotel and sought tickets that this was going to be a key match in the battle for second place in the group.

I will report from the front on Tuesday night. One thing that's for sure is that the support will be brilliant.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Wouldn't surprised to see a lot of changes this week and agree with Skiathos on the type of line up we'll see. Best thing to is get ready to do West Brom as we've still got Apoel at home in CL and should do enough to win the group anyway. I'd be more than happy with a draw from this with plenty of rotated players.

deejbah

deejbah

Player in Training.
Dortmund have a massive game on the weekend so it will be interesting to see what they do as if they don’t get at least a point against us they could miss out on Europa League, which would be a disaster for them. Kane looks like he might need a bit of management, he didn’t seem to be running that freely or at top speed.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Dortmund have a massive game on the weekend so it will be interesting to see what they do as if they don’t get at least a point against us they could miss out on Europa League, which would be a disaster for them. Kane looks like he might need a bit of management, he didn’t seem to be running that freely or at top speed.
Rest Kane give Llorente some time up top and Son can get some time too.

Hamburgspurs

Hamburgspurs

Player in Training.
Dortmund is unsure...manager chipped, Aubameyang having trouble with the manager after coming late for training ..so think if we score early Dortmund collapses

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Dortmund is unsure...manager chipped, Aubameyang having trouble with the manager after coming late for training ..so think if we score early Dortmund collapses
Do you think they will rest players for the weekend bundesliga game?its impossible almost for them in champions league now.
I read that aubameyang was suspended for training with a freestyle footballer sponsored by red bull??but will be back for tomorrow.Hope they play like it is a meaningless friendly !!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
How about this.....

Vorm
Aurier, Foyth Sanchez, Vertonghen, Rose
Winks, Dier
Son, Eriksen
Llorente

Bench: Anyone who's over 18 and able to run, including Lamela

Hamburgspurs

Hamburgspurs

Player in Training.
Do you think they will rest players for the weekend bundesliga game?its impossible almost for them in champions league now.
I read that aubameyang was suspended for training with a freestyle footballer sponsored by red bull??but will be back for tomorrow.Hope they play like it is a meaningless friendly !!
No, think their best team will play...not sure about Aubemayang. It´s no secret that he wants to leave to a bigger club...if we destroy his game (if he plays) think he will quickly becomes listless and the yellow wall will boo him out

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
How about this.....

Vorm
Aurier, Foyth Sanchez, Vertonghen, Rose
Winks, Dier
Son, Eriksen
Llorente

Bench: Anyone who's over 18 and able to run, including Lamela
Rose??is KWP injured :D

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Bosz There’s irritation we’ve lost five consecutive matches in the Bundesliga. I feel the people I work with, the board and staff, support us.
He also confirms that...
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang will play tomorrow against Spurs after being left out at the weekend.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
My friend is a lifelong & massive Dortmund fan.
He still has faith in them turning things around but he's in the minority.
A lot of unrest there with recent changes.
The weekend loss to recently promoted Stuttgart provided some humorous viewing for neutrals but for the hard cores it was Harikari time in the town square

Like others have said, score early & it could be over early.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Poch just now;
We are going to play with our best team, fresh players and like always never taking risk with them. The most important thing is the health of the players. We analyse a lot. Maybe for some people it’s hard to understand but we have all the knowledge.

Is Kane fully fit and Alli?
They were both fit to play on Saturday. We had conversation with all 25 players before and when I get the perception and feeling I make a decision. Every decision is for the best of the team and them. I hope not too many players rest tomorrow. It’s clear the objective was to qualify and we’ve done that but we now want to finish top.

More on Danny Rose - has there been an issue?
I cannot speak about rumours. If you were to ask me if Danny Rose is here and do we have problems, I say no. No issues.
He’s doing well. The training session on Saturday was tough for him. He will now train with the group and we’ll decide if he will play tomorrow.

We have qualified for the next stage and we’re so happy for that. A year ago we were in Monaco and we were out of the Champions League. In the Premier League we’ve made the second best start from 1992. We’re very disappointed because the last game the expectation was different. But we need to move on.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Poch just now;
We are going to play with our best team, fresh players and like always never taking risk with them. The most important thing is the health of the players. We analyse a lot. Maybe for some people it’s hard to understand but we have all the knowledge.

Is Kane fully fit and Alli?
They were both fit to play on Saturday. We had conversation with all 25 players before and when I get the perception and feeling I make a decision. Every decision is for the best of the team and them. I hope not too many players rest tomorrow. It’s clear the objective was to qualify and we’ve done that but we now want to finish top.

More on Danny Rose - has there been an issue?
I cannot speak about rumours. If you were to ask me if Danny Rose is here and do we have problems, I say no. No issues.
He’s doing well. The training session on Saturday was tough for him. He will now train with the group and we’ll decide if he will play tomorrow.

We have qualified for the next stage and we’re so happy for that. A year ago we were in Monaco and we were out of the Champions League. In the Premier League we’ve made the second best start from 1992. We’re very disappointed because the last game the expectation was different. But we need to move on.
I find it very difficult to even remotely disagree with pretty much anything Poch says.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Dortmund is a wreck atm and we need to rest players. Play as few starters for next weekend's game as possible imo. We can't have Kane and Alli getting hurt long term and they both look like they're on their way. Play a reasonably strong lineup and hope for the best.

T

TottenhamRay

Player in Training.
Whatever we think, whichever way we see it , Poch knows best eh?...but Foryth and Aurier worry me.
When is Llorente going to show us something?
Above all we cant have too many players off the mark, we need someone to start scoring for us

deejbah

deejbah

Player in Training.
My friend is a lifelong & massive Dortmund fan.
He still has faith in them turning things around but he's in the minority.
A lot of unrest there with recent changes.
The weekend loss to recently promoted Stuttgart provided some humorous viewing for neutrals but for the hard cores it was Harikari time in the town square

Like others have said, score early & it could be over early.

I was watching the Bundesliga weekly highlights while I was working out and almost dropped my weights when Bartra did that pass.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
I was watching the Bundesliga weekly highlights while I was working out and almost dropped my weights when Bartra did that pass.

Did he even know where the keeper was when he "hit" the ball?!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Whatever we think, whichever way we see it , Poch knows best eh?...but Foryth and Aurier worry me.
When is Llorente going to show us something?
Above all we cant have too many players off the mark, we need someone to start scoring for us
You have to think Poch knows if Hugo is over his injury,if harry&dele are still carrying knocks,if Rose is to be part of the team again,who looks good or jaded in training.There are good reasons for resting a few tonight or for going balls deep this game for a win,only the result and future events determine if he is right or wrong,but mostly he has been right.
Havent seen enough of foyth,but he looks an upgrade on wimmer and CCV and aurier,well maybe european games will suit him as he learns how english refs and the nature of the game is compared to the continent.Have to say I thought he was meant to be a speed merchant,so far hasnt done enough to challenge trippier and be anywhere near #1,early days though.Llorente?well I d rather have janssen from what has happened so far,weird big rep but looks immobile and not a poch type player?

Cant leave all the scoring to Harry,last year son and dele got +20,dele hasnt been good yet and son not used so much,cant see sissoko,dembele,wanyama,winks getting 10 between them,besides its not their role in fairness.So time for eriksen,dele and son to get back on it again,cos i dont expect much from Llorente from what i have seen so far.

deejbah

deejbah

Player in Training.
Did he even know where the keeper was when he "hit" the ball?!

You would hope not, though that doesn't really make it better from a game intelligence point of view. As a Spurs and Schalke fan I fear that they have gone through their worst patch and can only get better from the crap they've played recently.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
btsport1 to be precise and its 1 nil to ze yids 7mins, Shashoua.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
2 nil to ze yids jaden brown 15mins !!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
1-2 ze germans are back!keeper has a gomes of old moment,and edwards just had a penalty saved.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
oh what a goal Sterling 3-1,and just like 91 the commentator said "Shashoua,has edwards to his right,Sterling to his left.....oh what a goal" (instead of david seamen will be very disappointed with that :) )