By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Bournemouth (A) Saturday 29th

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
I read this quote from Conte earlier ..

"I have to make the best decision to understand who are the players who are really tired because I don't want to take risk as for us it is a final for us on Tuesday."

and all I saw was "Fuck you bitches, Royal still starts and fuck Gil as well"

And lo and behold ..

Lloris; Sánchez, Lenglet, Davies; Emerson, Højbjerg, Bissouma, Skipp, Sessegnon; Son, Kane

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I read this quote from Conte earlier ..

"I have to make the best decision to understand who are the players who are really tired because I don't want to take risk as for us it is a final for us on Tuesday."

and all I saw was "Fuck you bitches, Royal still starts and fuck Gil as well"

And lo and behold ..

Lloris; Sánchez, Lenglet, Davies; Emerson, Højbjerg, Bissouma, Skipp, Sessegnon; Son, Kane
What's the old saying about the definition of insanity?

Still, we've been grinding out results against lower-table teams all season, I think that will probably happen again today.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Utterly lifeless so far and I can’t say they didn’t deserve that

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Just heard someone yell “GO FORWARD” with everything he had 🤣

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Two clean sheets in nine games.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Most managers would go in at half time knowing what they've sent out in the first half isn't working. They'd be looking to make either a personnel change, a tactical change or both.

I'll bet you everything I have twice over that Conte does absolutely fuck all.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Most managers would go in at half time knowing what they've sent out in the first half isn't working. They'd be looking to make either a personnel change, a tactical change or both.

I'll bet you everything I have twice over that Conte does absolutely fuck all.
Moura on, I will let you know where to post your stuff

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Sanchez has been at fault for both goals, however why are Kane and Son non-existent this game?

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Just turned it back on to see Bentancur’s winner and thought “Meh”. Conte just walking off with no reaction and down the tunnel was weird.

We should be winning these games in 90 minutes and not having to come back at the death and hope we score or hope we don’t get fucked by VAR.

Happy for the win but something still isn’t right.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Screenshot_20221029-165644_Chrome.jpg

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
We did that the hard way. It gets right on my tits when I see us playing good, attacking football for a quarter of the game when we could be doing that for the whole game and winning games easily. Cunte is always banging on about how he hasn't got the world class stars he needs, wot like the stars Newcastle and Bournemouth have in their squads? Beaten By Al Quaeda Wanderers and only just scraping a win against Bournemouth is pony and now we need to not get beaten in Marseilles next week or we're back in the Thursday night bollocks and will probably get knocked out by Union SG - whoever the fuck they are.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

And let’s not forget we’ve got the dippers next weekend ..

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
We keep giving the opposition 45 minutes head start.

Fucked if I know why.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

It's weird really, there's clearly a lot of apathy about how things are going but we're still third in the Premier League which isn't too shabby I suppose.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
It's weird really, there's clearly a lot of apathy about how things are going but we're still third in the Premier League which isn't too shabby I suppose.
It is a bit mad. As you said..we're 3rd. Good chance of getting into the CL knockout stages but yet we're not really impressed...well I'm not. Why ? I think it's simply down to application on the pitch. The way we're winning games. Its boring and cowardly imo. It's fine against mid to low sides because we simply have more quality and can turn bad situations around. But against any decent side, we've been taught lessons. We only react when we're in trouble.. we don't create trouble.
Pep, Klippity, or even Eddie Howe sets their teams out to win games...simple. slick fast passing. Confidence in possession. Taking the game to the opposition and giving them no time to breath until you wear them down.
With Conte and Mourinho it's been the opposite of that. It just doesn't sit well with me.
I'll back any Spurs manager...but I want attacking football. I want skill, flamboyance, and excitement. I want Spurs back. Would I swap what I want for a couple of trophies ???.....No.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

It is a bit mad. As you said..we're 3rd. Good chance of getting into the CL knockout stages but yet we're not really impressed...well I'm not. Why ? I think it's simply down to application on the pitch. The way we're winning games. Its boring and cowardly imo. It's fine against mid to low sides because we simply have more quality and can turn bad situations around. But against any decent side, we've been taught lessons. We only react when we're in trouble.. we don't create trouble.
Pep, Klippity, or even Eddie Howe sets their teams out to win games...simple. slick fast passing. Confidence in possession. Taking the game to the opposition and giving them no time to breath until you wear them down.
With Conte and Mourinho it's been the opposite of that. It just doesn't sit well with me.
I'll back any Spurs manager...but I want attacking football. I want skill, flamboyance, and excitement. I want Spurs back. Would I swap what I want for a couple of trophies ???.....No.
Well said. It's like Conte and Mourinho's philosophy first and foremost is to defend and not concede which I get I suppose. If you're not conceding, you're not losing but it just sucks the life out of game after game.

Poch had the modern way down. High tempo pressing to regain possession, fast passing and movement and the chances come thick and fast. I'm sure it was his second or third season in charge and we won the last few games of that particular season something like 5-0. 4-0 and 6-0.

And I'm also pretty sure that with Poch, Kane actually ended up outscoring the tiny argentinian himself inside a calendar year which is mind blowing.

And since he's been gone, we've just been on this slow backwards slide towards turgid, lifeless, safety-first football.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Well said. It's like Conte and Mourinho's philosophy first and foremost is to defend and not concede which I get I suppose. If you're not conceding, you're not losing but it just sucks the life out of game after game.

Poch had the modern way down. High tempo pressing to regain possession, fast passing and movement and the chances come thick and fast. I'm sure it was his second or third season in charge and we won the last few games of that particular season something like 5-0. 4-0 and 6-0.

And I'm also pretty sure that with Poch, Kane actually ended up outscoring the tiny argentinian himself inside a calendar year which is mind blowing.

And since he's been gone, we've just been on this slow backwards slide towards turgid, lifeless, safety-first football.
I don't like admitting it but you're mostly right. We can play exciting attacking football, because we did from March onwards last season and qualified for Champions League, we just aren't doing it at the moment until Don Tony let's them take the handbrake off.

We're also really missing Kulusevski

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
paper over the cracks. still a lot of issues with out attack. wil Kulu and richie coming back fix it? unsure. but it wont help. when will they be back? unsure

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Safe things are not fun...

Going fast is more fun than going slow...

Spicy food is better than bland food...

Riding bareback is better than bagging up...

Attacking football is better than defensive football...

It's not to say that a slow walk to the Tofu shop with a tinder date before you wrap up isn't effective...!!!

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
We've adopted this style even as almost every big club in Europe are playing (or trying to play) the opposite way.

I've been thinking about this, actually. Conte definitely got us sorted out last season when we were in a very bad place indeed. But I think this season his approach has cost us points, if anything. I'm not overly disparaging him, because I like his passion, and he's had recent successes. He also might put together an FA Cup run if he sticks around (I'm still not convinced he won't fuck off if we crash out of Europe or drop a few games in a row.) But this pattern of shit first half followed by strong second half performances screams of a team that's playing, as people are saying, with the hand brake on for no reason that I can see.

Honestly, sometimes I wonder sometimes (somewhat related): if every team in the PL played without a manager or anyone other than staff to lead training, would the PL standings be any different at the end of the season?

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member

But the anti-conceding (anti-football?) tactics ain't, not, never, no way Pedro, working innit? There are 10 other teams in the PL with the same of better goals against number that we have.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
But the anti-conceding (anti-football?) tactics ain't, not, never, no way Pedro, working innit? There are 10 other teams in the PL with the same of better goals against number that we have.
Exactly, and its hard to imagine we can keep getting results, because the margins are too fine playing like we do. At some point the breaks will go against us (eg the Sporting game).