By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Brentford (A) PL Boxing Day (26/12) 12:30

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Yay! The PL is back. So many questions need answering. Will Conte persist with Emerson? Will Djed get a chance? Will Toney score a hat-trick in his last game before he gets banned for yonks for betting offences? Will Harry start scoring again? To be fair, he's 2nd in the top strikers list for this season he only needs a couple of hat-tricks to catch up with the huge City freaky bloke.Will Perisic be allowed to start and finish a game? He seemed to manage OK in Qatar. Will the goons fall off the ladders and start sliding down the snakes?

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Ok then, I am in London and Merry fucking Christmas to you magnificent cunts. I tried getting a ticket away at the Bees but the best I can find is £150 and I am not paying that.

So, without Amazon Prime I am fucked. Which pubs are worth looking into? Happy to travel to Tottenham/Seven Sisters to be with Spurs fans.

Last edited:
Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Ok then, I am in London and Merry fucking Christmas to you magnificent cunts. I tried getting a ticket away at the Bees but the best I can find is £150 and I am not paying that.

So, without Amazon Prime I am fucked. Which pubs are worth looking into? Happy to travel to Tottenham/Seven Sisters to be with Spurs fans.
Hope you have a great trip pal...

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member

That would be interesting as that would only leave him:

Foster, Sanchez, Lenglet, Skipp, Gyl, Royal, Sessgnon, Kulusevski, Spence, Tanganga, Bissouma.

Subs: Austin, White, some kids from the academy.

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.

Ah, wish I was there, even to watch it in a pub.

One of my best viewing experiences ever was watching Spurs on the TV in a pub in New York, round about 2016. Kickoff was 6:00 AM local time; hots dogs, American Yids and American beer abounded, and we were all singing ten minutes in.

Enjoy NL17 'cause it's ours.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Crooked cunt ref and VAR, how the fuck is it not a penalty when H is wrestled to the ground? Then they score.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Wow. Never thought we’d get back in this one.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Should have won in the end but if you keep giving the other mob 45 minutes start then you get what you deserve.

C

Cavman

Player in Training.
Yay! The PL is back. So many questions need answering. Will Conte persist with Emerson? Will Djed get a chance? Will Toney score a hat-trick in his last game before he gets banned for yonks for betting offences? Will Harry start scoring again? To be fair, he's 2nd in the top strikers list for this season he only needs a couple of hat-tricks to catch up with the huge City freaky bloke.Will Perisic be allowed to start and finish a game? He seemed to manage OK in Qatar. Will the goons fall off the ladders and start sliding down the snakes?
I'm a lifelong Spurs fan, but in addition to the above, surely we can do better than Dier and Sanchez as centre halfs? I feel that we won't win anything major until we have a solid pair in those positions who don't give the ball away cheaply or make silly mistakes!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
It’s just bizarre how we start like that every time out. And then claw back in it even though we really have nobody to come in and change the game.
Watching Lucy Ratfishboy Modric in the World Cup just reminded me of what we used to have. Not many of our blokes seem that arsed to be first to the ball or even make a move for a pass to be played to them. Perisisc and Kulu put an effort in, but so many of them seem to be standing around waiting for a ball to be played on to their toes. The ref was a dope, but that shouldn't matter, 2 penalties for sure and 1 maybe would have won us the game, but we really should be beating teams like Brentford, who are good, but not top quality, without penalties and despite crap refereeing. Dier seems to get worse every game, Sonny still hasn't recovered his magic touch, Emerson had one of the best games I've seen from him - he didn't fuck anything up at all, Bissouma didn't add much for me.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I'm a lifelong Spurs fan, but in addition to the above, surely we can do better than Dier and Sanchez as centre halfs? I feel that we won't win anything major until we have a solid pair in those positions who don't give the ball away cheaply or make silly mistakes!
Yeah I agree, but who are these blokes who can do the job? Nobody in our current squad, maybe from the younger players - but Conte don't not, never, ever want no youngsters does he? Defensively we are very short on ammo I reckon, Romero I like, but he's always a red card risk, Davies is good when he isn't pony, same with Doherty (1000% better than Emerson),Sanchez nah, Dier seems finished to me, Tanganga didn't impress me much today or for a long time really, I haven't made my mind up about Lenglet yet and who the fuck knows if Spence is any good?

C

Cavman

Player in Training.
Yeah I agree, but who are these blokes who can do the job? Nobody in our current squad, maybe from the younger players - but Conte don't not, never, ever want no youngsters does he? Defensively we are very short on ammo I reckon, Romero I like, but he's always a red card risk, Davies is good when he isn't pony, same with Doherty (1000% better than Emerson),Sanchez nah, Dier seems finished to me, Tanganga didn't impress me much today or for a long time really, I haven't made my mind up about Lenglet yet and who the fuck knows if Spence is any good?
I agree about Romero, he should play asap. As far as replacements for Dier and Sanchez goes, the cheque book has to come out. Incidentally, I'm on the same page about Emerson too. Summed up, we are a bit 'light' at the back and you can't win silverware like that!

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Makes you wonder what they were working on over the last few weeks, nothings changed

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
I've said it before but for me there's only one explanation..Conte!
He sets us up to concede possession and hit on the break, but imo we're simply not good enough at the back to withstand it, and so we enevitably go 0-1 down, and then he changes it. We take control, go forward with numbers and create chances and rescue points.
If he was only a bit more positive and a bit less of a coward we just might have won more games. Its so fucking frustrating when we does it game after game after game.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
He sets us up to concede possession and hit on the break, but imo we're simply not good enough at the back to withstand it, and so we enevitably go 0-1 down, and then he changes it. We take control, go forward with numbers and create chances and rescue points.
If he was only a bit more positive and a bit less of a coward we just might have won more games. Its so fucking frustrating when we does it game after game after game.

There's no doubting Contes winning credentials, however you do have to buy him a back line. Theres no doubt about it. Everywhere he goes he solidifies the defense, and we don't have it.

The thing that baffles me is, you, me, pundits, aliens from far distant planets are talking about how we will be better second half. What is that all about! If Contes 1st approach is the dogshit we serve up in the 1st half, and the 2nd half we go with his alternate approach, and Conte doesn't establish the alternate route is better, then he's a fucking balloon.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
There's no doubting Contes winning credentials, however you do have to buy him a back line. Theres no doubt about it. Everywhere he goes he solidifies the defense, and we don't have it.

The thing that baffles me is, you, me, pundits, aliens from far distant planets are talking about how we will be better second half. What is that all about! If Contes 1st approach is the dogshit we serve up in the 1st half, and the 2nd half we go with his alternate approach, and Conte doesn't establish the alternate route is better, then he's a fucking balloon.
IMO Conte has a very specific ability: He excels at taking very good, established players and getting them to work in a system that can't be much fun to play in. And he's done this in a very short amount of time most places he's been.

This is a very difficult thing to do, and it takes a very good manager to do it. It's especially hard now that most top managers tend to like more expansive football, and top players kind of expect that. Aside from the fact that his approach to the game goes against my preferences, my worry is that Conte's skill set is not what is needed at Spurs. Based on his time with the club, I also think that he doesn't have the ability that VERY elite managers have: to adapt his style and approach based on the players he has.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I've been thinking about how top tier Conte is and all I have to measure him against is the Poch...

The poch turned a bunch of skillful wannabees into very fucking almosts... he managed the tight fisted constraints of the Dark Lord and our homeless wanderings around London...

He made mega stars out of players and wasn't afraid to put the kids into bat when they had shown enough balls to do the job...

How fucking top tier was he... and what would he do with these cunts...?

Last edited:
Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
I've been thinking about how top tier Conte is and all I have to measure him against is the Poch...

The poch turned a bunch of skillful wannabees into very fucking almosts... he managed the tight fisted constraints of the Dark Lord and our homeless wanderings around London...

He made mega stars out of players and wasn't afraid to put the kids into bat when they had shown enough balls to do the job...

How fucking top tier was he... and what would he do with these cunts...?

Always hard to know but Sir Poch would definitely be coming back to a better team than he left.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
blah blah fucking blah is how i feel about us at the moment

Reactions: Yid
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Well a game we nearly won 3-2 in the end after a bore first hour and they beat Liverpool 3-1 so must have something about them.

this first half nonsense must be down to Don Tony eh? why not try playing with the shackles off from the start for a change?

C

Cavman

Player in Training.
Frustrating doesn't even come close to describe watching them sometimes!! It's painful to watch the team that you love not performing to even half of their potential when other teams are playing out of their socks!

C

Cavman

Player in Training.
Frustrating doesn't even come close to describe watching them sometimes!! It's painful to watch the team that you love not performing to even half of their potential when other teams are playing out of their socks!
Given what's happening currently, maybe Conte needs to give the team the hairdryer treatment BEFORE the game in future!