By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Brentford - Tinpot Cup

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
And that should be that.

Agree @Yid not sure how VAR can chalk that Brentford goal off.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
To be fair I think he looks awkward with the ball but he does protect it well and rarely gives it away. It’s probably a case of looks being deceiving.

I always feel better seeing Sissoko’s name on the teamsheet than when it isn’t. He’s a better player than many give him credit for and is having a massive game tonight.

He’s looked more like Stevie G in the 2nd half.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
VAR decision levels up the red card that should have been given

Also, at least the offside is offside. That rule is fair and equal across all decisions Made by VAR

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I don't understand how that lad got that so wrong.

He was trying to cut back and did but that right boot should have never come off the floor in order to perform the move successfully...

He must have slipped... or kicked his own leg, I cant see him doing that on purpose... aint that type of game.

Don't get me wrong its a red... but i dont think it was deliberate.

FFS..... 97 mins.....!!!

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
You know what... been well impressed with teams overall workmate... worked hard from the very start and still going.
It's clear to me that they are desperate to win a trophy, which is all we can ask from the players really.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
giphy.gif

107 mins......... ?

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
We worked really hard tonight for the whole match and deserved the win. Amazing goal by Son and wonderful cross and finish by Sissoko. VAR saved us a bit but we’ve had our fair share go the other way. Good night, need to win it now.....been here twice recently and lost both. COYS!!

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Fuck me, where have you been pal? all good up in the North West or are you in sunny Greece these days? good to hear from you.
I've just been doing the Dad thing tbh, still in Manchester though.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Fucking varna sankara glory hunters all come out of the woodwork when they sniff a trophy. Mornio has definitely changed the mentality, yep, he has done that, he always does that at , he is very good at that.
Wasn't much fun to watch again tonight tbf, but we won. Not sure this is a sustainable style of football though but hopefully get some trophies in before jose has a wobbler and gets himself the sack, or will he?

Anyway wtf is a varna sankara?

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
We worked really hard tonight for the whole match and deserved the win. Amazing goal by Son and wonderful cross and finish by Sissoko. VAR saved us a bit but we’ve had our fair share go the other way. Good night, need to win it now.....been here twice recently and lost both. COYS!!
Bang on with that. Was a little concerned at 1-0 but var was with us today... Just win the final now, anyway, anyhow.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Can say a fairly comfortable win against a decent side.
Only concern came around the time of the "none" goal they scored. If that was us I'd say it was a harsh call.

Two great finishes by us. Sonny's was routine but that's only the 2nd time I've seen a football hit Sissoko's head. He did well with it.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Wasn't much fun to watch again tonight tbf, but we won. Not sure this is a sustainable style of football though but hopefully get some trophies in before jose has a wobbler and gets himself the sack, or will he?

Some wum came on & started slinging that name around at us. Some kind of bastard child insult. Had some fun with it/him.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
did we suck and sit deep or what? didnt get to watch

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
No. Not really. I believe we had about 50% of the ball. But I must admit, I fell asleep for mid parts of the game (nothing to do with the way Spurs played lol) so I cannot judge properly.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I actually enjoyed the game. Sissoko must have read my earlier comments because he was flippin' good. I don't understand Moronio giving Sid just a couple of minutes, maybe he'll start against Marine?

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member

We are all Varna Sankaras, it's like Spartacus or as we call him, Dave.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
No we didn't, well not much anyway. Brentford are a very accomplished outfit, pass the ball well and gave us a good game, probably deserved a goal, not the win though. They are a bit like Leeds United lite. Would do Ok in the Premier League with a couple more players. (they sold two last year to Villa and West Ham, that gives you an idea of their level probably.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
We are all Varna Sankaras, it's like Spartacus or as we call him, Dave.
Bloody hell, didn't realise that.

I disappear into a pile of piss, poo, and pot, for a couple of season you go all vardy shaquiri on me. Still dunno what it means but I'm a modern man so I'm happy for you all.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
One thing we did do was run.... a fucking lot. Our energy was tremendous from the first minute way into the 95th.

Oh and Fat Dembele finished a game...!!!
I thought the halftime joint was playing tricks on me when I could see N'doughbelly still on the pitch.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Didn't get to see the game unfortunately but that was a nice header from Sissoko. Have to slag his shooting off more often. Think I've done it twice and he scored that volley the last time haha!!

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Didn't get to see the game unfortunately but that was a nice header from Sissoko. Have to slag his shooting off more often. Think I've done it twice and he scored that volley the last time haha!!
In the final you best cunt him to the high hills...!!!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Bloody hell, didn't realise that.

I disappear into a pile of piss, poo, and pot, for a couple of season you go all vardy shaquiri on me. Still dunno what it means but I'm a modern man so I'm happy for you all.
If you want to become enlightened, here is is the link, follow this and you will learn the secret of life - WARNING, if you like coffee, tea, beer, wine or any other alcohol, if you eat meat, garlic or onions or doing it with girls - or whoever tickles your fancy, in fact I think tickling your fancy or anyone else's fancy is not allowed - then the path to wisdom and leaving the abyss of varna sanakarism is not for you:

https://www.properspursy.com/talk/t...losophical-religious-facts-theories-etc.1000/

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
When is the draw for the final?

(wink)