By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Brighton And Hove Albion - A (PL) 19:45 Tue 17th April 2018

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
2018-04-17-Brighton-and-Hove-Albion-vs-Tottenham-Hotspur.jpg

Didn't we just play a game 5 minutes ago?

Normal service will now be resumed, we will win this 9-0 and we go clear 3rd, if we don't manage 9, then we will be level with Liverpool who will lose to the Baggies next week just like United did, then we will overtake them when we play Watford on the 30th after we have knocked United out of the FA Cup. Sorted.

Last edited:
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Sorry Chris Hughton, but we need to win this, you'll be fine anyway. We'll probably struggle a bit because no-one will want to get hurt before the Cup semi. A bit of rotation from Poch I think, a bit of Wanyama in midfield, Rose and Serge, Toby at the back maybe? I'd even give Harry a rest but he won't be having that. We need to win for any chance of second I reckon, and we will win because the whole team will have had a bollocking for not turning up in the first 25 mins against City. It will be close though 1-0 or 2-1 maybe.

Get there early if you're going and have fish & chips, washed down with Guinness, by the sea in the sunshine. Good luck lads.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
I would love to see Moura start tomorrow. Space is likely to be at a premium in and around the box and he’s so adept and drifting past defenders that I think it’s about time he got a pl start. He deserved a start after his cup performances and league cameos.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Someone - Aurier maybe, is going to have to keep tabs on that Izquierdo bloke. He's their little flyer and he's got a goal in him as well. There aren't too many other threats.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Think we'll do this game at a canter, and the lads being rotated will have plenty to play for, FA cup spot, games in the running up to the end of the seaspn, and for Toby, Rose, Lamela, Moura a world cup squad place for their countries. We'll have this boys, then it's manure on Saturday!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Chris has got a nice team there, I hope they do well from 10.00pm tonight onwards. They have a tough run -in but are 7 points clear of bottom three. Good luck just not tonight.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I think Brighton are well organised and we've rotated quite a lot. Are t carrying as much threat and could do with moving it a. It quicker maybe to get through the bus. It'll come second half, like Moura's runs, Harry seems a bit laboured. Eriksen to score first?

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Bus time again...

Not much positive to say about us to be honest. Toby look superb, Jan is top draw, Sisoko is errrrmmm there.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
God that was a hard watch....just didn't seem to have the zip, everything seemed so slow and sideways tonight. Guess that's the difference this season with Sissoko ( who I thought did Ok) and Wanyama as a partnership compared with Dier and Dembele. We missed a spark that Dele might have provided? I'm clutching at straws, maybe we were a bit tired and saving ourselves for United. Anyway two average performances and Brighton did a great job of working really hard and stifling everything we did.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
It seems these relegation threatened teams save their best performances for us. Really good stuff from Brighton but we most certainly weren’t at our best, very frustrating evening’s viewing.

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
We lacked so much quality in the final 3rd. Son and Davies had at least two opportunities to create something and then didn’t. Brighton played well to their credit but we lacked a midfield. I hope the selling dembele rumours are false

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
Well I will never ever complain about getting away from WHL again , ffs Farmer station is a mare of mega proportions . A train going to Lewes there was room for at,least,200 on one train yet the,plod held em back , we waited 20 mins for a train back into Brighton .....
Ok on to the game we were truely,shocking, if he EVER PICKS A TEAM , With Aurier and Sissoko again I will find out before the game and try and sell my ticket , I’m not paying good money to see such Shite .
Aurier , 4 pens , a red card numerous telllow and nearly every throw in is a foul throw ......ffs Ben fecking Thatcher was a better right back , I’m left footed and a better right back , I’m also 53 . Wtf does anyone see in this waste of a shirt .

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Sissoko ( who I thought did Ok)
Here what ya saying mate but there comes a time when enough must be enough. If he is truly our 2nd option in there then we will not move forwards...

What baffles me is that Poch seems to believe there is a player in there... what must he see that we all simply dont. In Poch we trust.....

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Well I will never ever complain about getting away from WHL again , ffs Farmer station is a mare of mega proportions . A train going to Lewes there was room for at,least,200 on one train yet the,plod held em back , we waited 20 mins for a train back into Brighton .....
Ok on to the game we were truely,shocking, if he EVER PICKS A TEAM , With Aurier and Sissoko again I will find out before the game and try and sell my ticket , I’m not paying good money to see such Shite .
Aurier , 4 pens , a red card numerous telllow and nearly every throw in is a foul throw ......ffs Ben fecking Thatcher was a better right back , I’m left footed and a better right back , I’m also 53 . Wtf does anyone see in this waste of a shirt .
See my above comment... sell them both to Newcastle for anything and play with 9 men.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I think that loss to City knocked a bit of the stuffing out of us....it did me and I think that we went through the motions a bit last night. United did the same against West Brom and they beat City, guess they're only humans after all. Need another gear for Saturday.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Sissoko is absolute garbage. Athletic big fella but no substance in his passing at all. Just safe sideways and backwards, and he seems to really like passing to his mate Aurier. I have to admit I liked Aurier at the start but he is to much of a liability and his crossing is so so so poor.

Toby is so fucking good. I had thought there wasn't much in it between him and Sanchez but watching last night tells a whole different story. No last ditch tackles, panic or players needing to cover. Him and Jan just sit back and quietly get on with it. Sanchez is great, not trying to put him down but Toby adds a calming influence.

We looked better when Dembele came on for Sissoko. No surprise there really, but still not good enough. The whole front line just couldn't trap the ball. Was bouncing off everyone.

Shame about the pen. When you get that much on it you should be able to guide it out but no such luck for Hugo, annnnnnndddd what about that Eriksen shot that ur man stuck a leg out and touched. That's when I knew it was going to be a draw. They always go in!!!!

Shite day at the office. Chelsea win tonight and we start looking a bit tight up there. A win last night and we would have been right up with United.

I think this FA cup game is coming at the right time. Breathe a bit of fire into the bellies.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
A few things:
-I don't see what Sissoko offers that someone out of the academy (Oakley-Booth, for example) doesn't. He tries hard but we are nowhere near as good with him on the pitch.
-I thought Izquierdo tripped himself TBH. Aurier got done, and is generally poor, but I'm willing to give him time given his age and Poch's basically perfect record in improving fullbacks.
-Son's skill in setting up our goal was Messi-esque. He just keeps getting better.
-If Hughton is given a little money to spend Brighton could be a very very good side IMO.