By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Brighton (H) PL Thu 26th December 12:30

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
SpursBrighton.jpg

It has to be better than Sunday. I might not bother watching as I really enjoy a nice bit of top quality Boxing Day football.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Come on you fucking Spurs,win and then win well,its really quite important!!Over xmas there are always shock results lets hope we make ground and pull further away from Le scum.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Its only half time..... maybe we will turn up 2nd half?

If we dont I will have some suggestions.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Why the fuck are we not playing somebody like Lo Celso? We have no creativity at all.

And Moura is the most overrated player in our squad. He’s just another Aaron Lennon. And I say that without meaning to disrespect Lennon.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I really fail to see a plan here.

BTW the dive,gets winks suspended,they score from it,where was VAR for the obvious error ??

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Why the fuck are we not playing somebody like Lo Celso? We have no creativity at all.

And Moura is the most overrated player in our squad. He’s just another Aaron Lennon. And I say that without meaning to disrespect Lennon.
Did Lo Celso add anything really? I don't think so. I disagree 100% with your assessment of Moura, 'Disgusting' ? Nah, it was a scrappy first half, but a long walk from disgusting. Tricky conditions and a strong Brighton performance made this a tough game, but it was better - of course it had to be, there isn't a lower gutter than the one we had to crawl back out of from the chavs game.

It wasn't pretty, but at least we saw some commitment and got the 3 points. Fucking VAR again. I don't get how if the ball brushes a striker's arm the goal is disallowed but penalties are not given when a defender absolutely definitely handballs (in the new rules). the fucker

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I really fail to see a plan here.

BTW the dive,gets winks suspended,they score from it,where was VAR for the obvious error ??
Did the dive get Winks booked? It was a wild swinging tackle and I saw it as a yellow all day long, it doesn't have to break the bloke's leg for a yellow card, of course the 'victim' should have been booked as well. Sissoko is also suspended - I hope we have a few players left for Norwich.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Did the dive get Winks booked? It was a wild swinging tackle and I saw it as a yellow all day long, it doesn't have to break the bloke's leg for a yellow card, of course the 'victim' should have been booked as well. Sissoko is also suspended - I hope we have a few players left for Norwich.
It was more the fact the geezer hurdled his leg took a stride then dived,that never fails to piss me off,especially with a good slo mo replay.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Its only half time..... maybe we will turn up 2nd half?
If we dont I will have some suggestions.
We turned up more second half....

I do have some suggestions but they are very expensive and probably unpaletable to our billionaire chairman.

Happy we got 3 points, fucking livid with the way we are playing at the minute.

I dont see what 'our cunt' has added and where we are better off without the old bloke who copped the tin-tac. That's a chat for another thread.

Brighton were well organised, knew their game and worked like fucking cart horses for the entire game.

The bit that is getting under my skin and I mean more than the shit football is the look on Kanes face. He is just as fucking angry as I am. He is fucking pissed about having to have a players of Serge fuckin Aurier and the ilk on his side. He knows our midfield is utter dog shit and simply cant provide him with what he needs to make the impact he knows he can and wants to make.

This man wants to be the greatest of all time, in any competition and right now we dont come fucking close.

We're loosing him and that's unpaletable.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
amazon prime is proper shit,dodgy streams were better quality,so tell me its my internet speed!!

EMuLrMqW4AAejAg

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.

He's not fit to lace Azza's boots mate, absolute pony, if and I mean IF he can control the ball or it doesn't bounce off him or get caught in his feet he then falls over when not touched/touched and if by some miracle any of those doesn't happen and he starts to run the ball he simply runs into the oppo and gives the ball away. I wasn't impressed before and I'm even less than impressed now.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Did Lo Celso add anything really? I don't think so. I disagree 100% with your assessment of Moura, 'Disgusting' ? Nah, it was a scrappy first half, but a long walk from disgusting. Tricky conditions and a strong Brighton performance made this a tough game, but it was better - of course it had to be, there isn't a lower gutter than the one we had to crawl back out of from the chavs game.

It wasn't pretty, but at least we saw some commitment and got the 3 points. Fucking VAR again. I don't get how if the ball brushes a striker's arm the goal is disallowed but penalties are not given when a defender absolutely definitely handballs (in the new rules). the fucker
Mate, we’ll have to agree to disagree on both points.

Moura has no final ball and runs into cul-de-sacs and the game changed when Lo Celso came on. I agree that he didn’t do anything flash but he at least got us moving forwards with the ball. Winks is far too lateral and we needed someone to at least look for advanced positions. Lo Celso did that.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Mate, we’ll have to agree to disagree on both points.

Moura has no final ball and runs into cul-de-sacs and the game changed when Lo Celso came on. I agree that he didn’t do anything flash but he at least got us moving forwards with the ball. Winks is far too lateral and we needed someone to at least look for advanced positions. Lo Celso did that.

I would really like to see Winks play in the hole where Dele plays, even if we have to move Dele sideways a bit to accommodate, then Siss and Dier in behind him to offer the stability Winks can't.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Dier, winks and Sisoko on the pitch shouldn't happen.... 3 non forward playing midfielders stifle the shit out of us.

I love Winks but he doesnt seem at the level or is way too exposed to look capable. I think he should be further forwards to get the best out of him.

Dier to me still looks jank. I dont think he is good enough for us.

Sissoko is a workhorse. We profess to be and hopefully strive to be better than that.

Dunno what the answer is lads but these 3 on the field together does not work for me.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Watched it again last night (couldn't sleep and it did the trick inside 77 mins).

We played at their level. We gave them the ball time and time again as we tried to force the play.

So that tells me our options and movement off the ball is not good enough and that our passing is not good enough.

Now, the front line have to take some responsibility for that as their the ones who should be finding space. It also tells you why were constantly playing side to fucking side slow laborious football.

Winks was the only player (other than our CB) trying to make forward passes. Now it's understandable to a degree why then he gave it away so often. He was the one playing the high risk passes and he had a static forward line and very few options.

We dont move the ball forwards quickly enough thus allowing the opposition to get men behind the ball and force us sideways. It seems we are consistently defending as a 5+ with both fullbacks and often a DM limiting our options when we do turn the ball over. I can only assume this is how we set up and players are under instruction. I also assume the fullbacks are not being told to fuck off on their toes and offer options further up field as soon as we gain possession.... because that what we seem to lack as our initial out ball to turn the opposition round and have them running at their own goal.

We didnt play that badly, and I think the Moura criticism is fucking harsh. He was ineffective going forwards but he worked his cock off and harassed them like no other Spurs player (maybe Winks) did. I think this was why he looked a bit shit. He was working in areas of the field that he perhaps shouldn't have been. He also tried to carry the ball and commit players. This was key to us finding the tiny snippets of space we did get. He had a good game imo.

Dele was a ghost... all he did was score. Kane worries me the frustration even when he scored was wholly apparent.

What I would says is, this is what we were served up 2 months ago. There is nothing diferent. The club feels the same, the football is the same, the body language is the same if not worse.

When does the big rebuild happen? When does the change in philosophy start? What diference is the new manager going to make?

I'm confused about it all at the minute, its difficult to see where we're going and how were going to get there.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Watched it again last night (couldn't sleep and it did the trick inside 77 mins).

We played at their level. We gave them the ball time and time again as we tried to force the play.

So that tells me our options and movement off the ball is not good enough and that our passing is not good enough.

Now, the front line have to take some responsibility for that as their the ones who should be finding space. It also tells you why were constantly playing side to fucking side slow laborious football.

Winks was the only player (other than our CB) trying to make forward passes. Now it's understandable to a degree why then he gave it away so often. He was the one playing the high risk passes and he had a static forward line and very few options.

We dont move the ball forwards quickly enough thus allowing the opposition to get men behind the ball and force us sideways. It seems we are consistently defending as a 5+ with both fullbacks and often a DM limiting our options when we do turn the ball over. I can only assume this is how we set up and players are under instruction. I also assume the fullbacks are not being told to fuck off on their toes and offer options further up field as soon as we gain possession.... because that what we seem to lack as our initial out ball to turn the opposition round and have them running at their own goal.

We didnt play that badly, and I think the Moura criticism is fucking harsh. He was ineffective going forwards but he worked his cock off and harassed them like no other Spurs player (maybe Winks) did. I think this was why he looked a bit shit. He was working in areas of the field that he perhaps shouldn't have been. He also tried to carry the ball and commit players. This was key to us finding the tiny snippets of space we did get. He had a good game imo.

Dele was a ghost... all he did was score. Kane worries me the frustration even when he scored was wholly apparent.

What I would says is, this is what we were served up 2 months ago. There is nothing diferent. The club feels the same, the football is the same, the body language is the same if not worse.

When does the big rebuild happen? When does the change in philosophy start? What diference is the new manager going to make?

I'm confused about it all at the minute, its difficult to see where we're going and how were going to get there.
I think you’re being a bit harsh, we’ve scored a lot of goals recently, been more of a direct threat and Chelsea and first half yesterday aside looked a bit better. Less sideways and back. We’ll just have to see what develops over the next few months and go from there.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I think you’re being a bit harsh, we’ve scored a lot of goals recently, been more of a direct threat and Chelsea and first half yesterday aside looked a bit better. Less sideways and back. We’ll just have to see what develops over the next few months and go from there.
According to the black magic of stats, it's not scoring goals for is the problem, it's letting the other buggers score. In the last decade ( our best in the PL ) we scored an average 33 goals in the first 19 matches, this season we have got 34. Goals concede average for 2010-19 is 20, this season it is 27.

Over the last 4 years (our best 4 years in the PL ) the average goals conceded after 19 is 16, so we have shipped 11 more goals in the first half of the season. Goals scored was 36 against this season's 34, so not a lot of difference there.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
According to the black magic of stats, it's not scoring goals for is the problem, it's letting the other buggers score. In the last decade ( our best in the PL ) we scored an average 33 goals in the first 19 matches, this season we have got 34. Goals concede average for 2010-19 is 20, this season it is 27.

Over the last 4 years (our best 4 years in the PL ) the average goals conceded after 19 is 16, so we have shipped 11 more goals in the first half of the season. Goals scored was 36 against this season's 34, so not a lot of difference there.
.....Just gone 1-0 down to the team bottom of the league. Meh! Have had chances prior to be 3 up but we’re not. Long way to go yet.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I was genuinely trying to be objective and balanced...... fucked that up didnt I, lol.