By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Brighton & Hove Albion (A) PL Sat 5th October 2019 12:30

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
It’s like we have forgotten how to football

Everything seems over complicated like we are thinking about it too much

No freedom or bravery in how we play, confidence is destroyed.

I am also concerned that could be a career ender for Hugo, season may be over for him

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I`m not even swearing at the telly,we have hit a malaise.We need a miracle.
It's mental mate innit? I know you'll find it hard to believe but I get a bit angry sometimes, I use the most frightful language, I call our players bounders, cads and scoundrels but at the moment I am just smiling like a fucking retard, laughing at the Brighton fans singing 'we want seven' - it must be some sort of psychological illness that is blocking my normal rage reaction. I found myself enjoying watching Aaron Connelly making our seasoned pros look like cunts, that's better at least I have managed to call them cunts once today, but I still don't feel like breaking someone, I think Mrs D is worried, she is used to the psychotic version of me, I am used to the psychotic version of me, I miss that bloke he was fun, this version is boring.

I am struggling to fond some positives from that game. Lucas was good but too little too late, Eric Dier was lucky not to get a red card and we won four corners, can't think of anything else.

S

Sandi

Player in Training.
Totally agree he just doesn't look interested
That was a waste of two hours I'm never gonna get back get rid of the dead wood and start again. What is Daniel Levy thinking

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I am uncomfortably numb, I sat through that terrible first half without getting even a little bit umpty, acceptance of this, whatever this is, is worrying me. In the first part of last season I wouldn't have been remotely arsed if we went 1-0 down because I knew we'd pull it back, that is a feeling I haven't had for a long time. WTF is going on?
I've kind of felt the same way since the CL final, deflated, like it was the end of something. All good teams eventually fall apart but I hate watching it happen with this group. Sad more than anything else.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
It's mental mate innit? I know you'll find it hard to believe but I get a bit angry sometimes, I use the most frightful language, I call our players bounders, cads and scoundrels but at the moment I am just smiling like a fucking retard, laughing at the Brighton fans singing 'we want seven' - it must be some sort of psychological illness that is blocking my normal rage reaction. I found myself enjoying watching Aaron Connelly making our seasoned pros look like cunts, that's better at least I have managed to call them cunts once today, but I still don't feel like breaking someone, I think Mrs D is worried, she is used to the psychotic version of me, I am used to the psychotic version of me, I miss that bloke he was fun, this version is boring.

I am struggling to fond some positives from that game. Lucas was good but too little too late, Eric Dier was lucky not to get a red card and we won four corners, can't think of anything else.
Just to be clear I would rather get rid of the 7 or more players who think swanning around because they are only (under)paid on 75k a week than lose Poch,but Levy has form and the thought of losing CL money will make him swing the hatchet.What I dread is Mourinio being seen as the step in choice to rescue us. (CL revenue).Whats gone wrong? havent got a clue,but some of the dressing room clearly dont give a shit,I hope poch has the time to cull them and bring in some of the academy lads who will at least play for the shirt..We needed to sell eriksen,wanyama,rose wanted out,trippier got his wish,i ll add toby and jan after the last week or two,aurier,dont make me laugh he neednt bother to turn up to training.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Well Poch has fronted up to the press rather than send a stooge out,so I hope he wants to start the cull.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Now we either find out how good Poch is or we find out how much Levy wants money.

Players have to be dropped after that and the midweek performance and I cant think of any of them other than Son, Lucas, Lamela, Winks, Kane who actually deserve the possibility to be selected.

I would bring in all the hungry kids who have been schooled to graft and fight for their place.

Fuck the rest.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Just to be clear I would rather get rid of the 7 or more players who think swanning around because they are only (under)paid on 75k a week than lose Poch,but Levy has form and the thought of losing CL money will make him swing the hatchet.What I dread is Mourinio being seen as the step in choice to rescue us. (CL revenue).Whats gone wrong? havent got a clue,but some of the dressing room clearly dont give a shit,I hope poch has the time to cull them and bring in some of the academy lads who will at least play for the shirt..We needed to sell eriksen,wanyama,rose wanted out,trippier got his wish,i ll add toby and jan after the last week or two,aurier,dont make me laugh he neednt bother to turn up to training.
I agree Mourinho would be a kick in the nuts and you're right about Levy. One of our Spanglish papers had a story about the Poch being on a £32m severance package if he gets axed - Levy ain't going to stump up that sort of cash? don't think a change of manager would make any difference at the moment and I can't see a 'cull' happening. Football is fucked up, in the good old days a manager could drop a player and he wouldn't get his appearance money and that would be a big deal, dropping a player now means he can swan off in his £250,000 Rolls Royce and have a nice game of golf while still earning a fucking fortune.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Now we either find out how good Poch is or we find out how much Levy wants money.

Players have to be dropped after that and the midweek performance and I cant think of any of them other than Son, Lucas, Lamela, Winks, Kane who actually deserve the possibility to be selected.

I would bring in all the hungry kids who have been schooled to graft and fight for their place.

Fuck the rest.

This was the match that would be very telling.
If MP was to resurrect this squad after this "slump" & the drubbing we received from Bayern, it would have manifest today.

Not even close.

Lloris' blunder stunted it early. But there was no further reaction from the others.

MP is either going to have a clear-out like in his first season (so many just don't seem to care) or he will be gone.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Big dislocation of the elbow for Lloris who has to pass additional tests to know if rupture or not of the ligaments. Elbow plastered after being put back in place. Impossible to pronounce on duration of the unavailability for the moment

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I don't know, obviously, but I'd say it was the players that are fault, not the manager. It smells a bit of the Chavs ousting Mourinho, maybe they're reacting to some of Sir Poch's comments about not being the best squad etc. Whatever it is, it needs fixing quick - a bout of being grown up and 'having it out' amongst the whole squad might be the answer.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Whatever it is, I think Kane should punch Streaky again...